Brazil eVisa

rhsjr

Why isn't princess helping people as a group get eVisa's for their trip to Brazil? It seems  like they could care less.

Rather than each and every individual fighting the vfsglobal company.

Posted (edited)

Why are you using a company instead of the official website? 

First, an announcement from the US State Department's website (https://br.usembassy.gov/message-for-u-s-citizens-new-visa-requirement-for-u-s-citizens/

On January 10, 2024, the Government of Brazil (GOB) will reinstate a visa requirement for all U.S. nationals visiting Brazil, with an option for an e-visa for qualified applicants.

For questions about the e-visa and application procedures, visit the Brazilian government-authorized website, https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/

Follow the link to the Brazil government website noted above:

How to apply

In 3 simple Steps your eVisa application is ready!
  • 1st step: Provide the required information.
  • 2nd step: Pay the fee.
  • 3rd step: Download the eVisa

This online platform is a portal provided by VFS Global for the Brazil Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Having had to visit a Brazilian consulate in person in 2009 and 2015 to apply for a visa and then return to pick up our passports with the new visas this is a great improvement!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rhsjr said:

Why isn't princess helping people as a group get eVisa's for their trip to Brazil? It seems  like they could care less.

Why would Princess help with a Brazilian visa, when not every cruiser needs one - and they don't help with any other visas? (Except those few blanket ship wide visas)

And as above - why aren't you using the official site?  It's actually pretty easy.. much easier than getting a US visa! 

18 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Having had to visit a Brazilian consulate in person in 2009 and 2015 to apply for a visa and then return to pick up our passports with the new visas this is a great improvement!

Oh boy, that's the truth.   They implemented eVisa shortly after our trip to Brazil.  I wish I would have had that option.  

5 hours ago, rhsjr said:

How did you apply for a passport?  Princess didn't help you with that and you were able to obtain one.  The process Brazil eVisa process is much the same.  The only difference is that is you have to provide proof of cruise travel, which is a heck of a lot more secure than providing a bank statement for proof of funds for all non-cruise passengers wanting to enter Brazil.

I think you should realize that you are at the mercy of the country that you are wanting to visit.  Some countries like Vietnam have visas on arrival that Princess (and other cruise lines) can help with.  Many don't.  Princess doesn't help with Australia or NZ ETAs; you're on your own navigating the ETA apps.

Have at the visa process yourself or consider cancelling your cruise that enters Brazil and choose a different itinerary. 

12 hours ago, rhsjr said:

Princess never assists in obtaining legal entry documents for countries. They clearly indicate it is up to the passenger to have all the proper documentation. Remember that not everyone on board will be U.S. citizens with U.S. passports. Visa requirement can be different depending on which passport you hold. From post no. 2 it seems fairly straight forward to apply for an evisa. Much simpler then when I had to get a Brazil visa. I needed to use a company to assist. At that time the visa was an actual page in my passport with photo and all kinds of information. When I visited Brazil a 2nd time I had to carry my expired passport with the valid Brazil Visa and my active passport. This evisa seems very much easier.  

Brazil visa requirement is now postponed until April 10. Just received this in an email from the US State Dept:

"On April 10, 2024, the Government of Brazil will reinstate a visa requirement for all U.S. nationals visiting Brazil, with an option for an e-visa for qualified applicants.  This date reflects a three-month postponement announced on January 4, 2024. 

Currently, the visa fee is $80.90 with a 10-year validity.  For questions about the e-visa application procedures, visit the Brazilian government-authorized website, https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/

Please share this information with family, friends, and colleagues who are planning to visit.  As of April 10, 2024, they will need a visa to enter Brazil."

If you already applied, you could try to request a refund from brazilevisa@vfsglobal.com.

Any correspondence must include your application reference number and a clear explanation of your reason for inquiry.