New Cruise Next terms are live

Asawi

I'm on EU site so I won't post a link. But it seems like the name has changed from CN Deposits to CN Credits and there are new wordings for certificates bought after January 11. It now says no expiration but they have also sharpened the wording about existing bookings. Enclose screenshot of that part 

(Side note: double up on all cabins is back)IMG_20240105_030523.thumb.jpg.1851da6fb0e1865dff0365ff14868f3c.jpg

5 hours ago, Asawi said:

I'm on EU site so I won't post a link. But it seems like the name has changed from CN Deposits to CN Credits and there are new wordings for certificates bought after January 11. It now says no expiration but they have also sharpened the wording about existing bookings. Enclose screenshot of that part 

(Side note: double up on all cabins is back)IMG_20240105_030523.thumb.jpg.1851da6fb0e1865dff0365ff14868f3c.jpg

No idea why the language was changed, but I don't see any significance to it.

The word "credit" seems entirely appropriate.

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

No idea why the language was changed, but I don't see any significance to it.

The word "credit" seems entirely appropriate.

I think the phrase "credits cannot be applied to existing reservations" is rather significant...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I think the phrase "credits cannot be applied to existing reservations" is rather significant...

I agree that this might be important. Only time will tell if it is a difference in practice or just in wording.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Hasn’t that always been there?

I¨m not sure, but I don't think so. There has been the phrase "new reservation", but I  think this is "extra" 

But, as I said, time will tell if it's an actual change in practice. 

• Like 1

The expiration dates went away last month. New bookings has been the “rule” but not enforced in the past. Specifically if they stated a double or triple up after purchase. 

They are now in competition with the CASNext certificates which has a 1 year expiration. 

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

That's not what I said.

I was referring to the one word - not the entire sentence.

OP indicated that "credits" was substituted for "deposits".

Either way, it all refers to the value of the certificate.

43 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

That's not what I said.

I was referring to the one word - not the entire sentence.

OP indicated that "credits" was substituted for "deposits".

Either way, it all refers to the value of the certificate.

You are right. I mentioned that. But in no way did I mean for that to be of any signifivcance. The marked section is what I wanted to draw attention to. The fact that there is stronger wording around existing cruises.

51 minutes ago, Asawi said:

You are right. I mentioned that. But in no way did I mean for that to be of any signifivcance. The marked section is what I wanted to draw attention to. The fact that there is stronger wording around existing cruises.

Okay.

Thanks for the verification.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Hasn’t that always been there?

No.  While it says new, the definition of new reservation has been a little lucy-goosey - since you have the option of cancel/rebook. And there haven't been any issues that I know of when applying 1 or 2 to an existing reservation.  Apparently some TA's weren't able to add a 3rd during the last triple up due to the the "new" wording but anyone booking through NCL could "make a payment" via the website.

image.png.6a62358a7a78ee87e666bded4f040380.png

New terms are more in line with CruiseFirst now, where they spelled out that it couldn't be an existing reservation.

However, if you go to the website, it appears that the old terms still apply to certificates bought prior to 1/11/2024. Note, there are new CF terms as well.

Posted (edited)

Terms for CNs purchased prior to 1/11/24:

A CND can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. 

Terms for CruiseNext Credits purchased on or after 1/11/24:

All Credits are valid for purchase of new reservations only and do not expire. Credits may not be applied to existing reservations. 

It's like the same thing only different.  Somebody will have to test this with a CruiseNext Credit purchased after 1/11/24.

It also appears that they now have a third party involved:

CruiseNext Credit (CNC), CruiseNext Haven Credit (CNHC) or Sixthman CruiseNext Credit (SCNC) (CNC, CNHC and SCNC may hereinafter be referred to as, collectively, or individually, a “Credit”) are issued by Goodwill Credit, Ltd. 

All Credit(s) are issued by Goodwill Credit, Ltd. and any claims or concerns with respect to Credit(s) are to be directed to Goodwill Credit, Ltd. at www.goodwillcruisecredit.com.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It also appears that they now have a third party involved:

CruiseNext Credit (CNC), CruiseNext Haven Credit (CNHC) or Sixthman CruiseNext Credit (SCNC) (CNC, CNHC and SCNC may hereinafter be referred to as, collectively, or individually, a “Credit”) are issued by Goodwill Credit, Ltd. 

Yeah... and a non-working link for me at least,,,

Edited by Asawi

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

No.  While it says new, the definition of new reservation has been a little lucy-goosey - since you have the option of cancel/rebook. And there haven't been any issues that I know of when applying 1 or 2 to an existing reservation.  Apparently some TA's weren't able to add a 3rd during the last triple up due to the the "new" wording but anyone booking through NCL could "make a payment" via the website.

image.png.6a62358a7a78ee87e666bded4f040380.png

New terms are more in line with CruiseFirst now, where they spelled out that it couldn't be an existing reservation.

However, if you go to the website, it appears that the old terms still apply to certificates bought prior to 1/11/2024. Note, there are new CF terms as well.

I’m wasn’t asking about how the rules have been applied. I was asking whether that wording has always been there. It certainly seems to be similar.

Regarding the definition of a new reservation, many of us have no option to cancel and rebook without a penalty, so that certainly doesn’t explain why we have been able to apply them to existing reservations.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I’m wasn’t asking about how the rules have been applied. I was asking whether that wording has always been there. It certainly seems to be similar.

Regarding the definition of a new reservation, many of us have no option to cancel and rebook without a penalty, so that certainly doesn’t explain why we have been able to apply them to existing reservations.

The statement "credits cannot be applied to existing reservations" is new. Which is what I originally said. Guess a simple No, with no explanation would have made you happier? Sorry.

I was advised on another site that because the term "new reservation" has always been there, this isn't a change.  In the same post, they advised that the loophole that allowed the application to existing reservations is probably going away.

Call it what you will, if I can no longer apply CNs after booking, it's a huge change going forward.

Edited by julig22

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, julig22 said:

The statement "credits cannot be applied to existing reservations" is new. Which is what I originally said. Guess a simple No, with no explanation would have made you happier? Sorry.

I was advised on another site that because the term "new reservation" has always been there, this isn't a change.  In the same post, they advised that the loophole that allowed the application to existing reservations is probably going away.

Call it what you will, if I can no longer apply CNs after booking, it's a huge change going forward.

Whatever. The fact (as far as I can tell) is that the wording has always suggested that the credits can only be applied to new reservations (or not to existing reservations - same thing really).

Whether this is a real change will be clarified later, but I’m certainly not taking the wording as being proof one way or another. This is NCL after all.

Let’s see what actually happens.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 4:09 PM, julig22 said:

This would also be a huge change for me too.

I am looking forward to someone reporting back if they were able to apply new certificates to an existing reservation now.   We have two cruises booked in 2025 (one with three cabins) and I was waiting to purchase the 2nd Certificates (and 3rd Certificates for another possible triple up promotion) next month while on the Encore.   I really do not want to purchase eight new Certificates if I cannot apply them to these four cabins.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 3:05 PM, vacation44 said:

This would also be a huge change for me too.

I am looking forward to someone reporting back if they were able to apply new certificates to an existing reservation now.   We have two cruises booked in 2025 (one with three cabins) and I was waiting to purchase the 2nd Certificates (and 3rd Certificates for another possible triple up promotion) next month while on the Encore.   I really do not want to purchase eight new Certificates if I cannot apply them to these four cabins.  

Anyone have any recent experience yet about applying new CNC to already booked cruises?

• Like 1