Simply More Beverage Package Questions

Carnevale

29 minutes ago, Robb said:

Interesting thread.  Thanks to all who have contrtibuted.  Where can I find the list of included liquors, etc. that are included in the 'Prestige Select Beverage Package'.  I am referring to the $30 pp pd upgrade package.  Thanks so much. 

😊  🍸  🙂

Take a look at the Bar Menu for Horizons/Martinis on the Preisman's blog. That will give you an idea of what's available, although it may vary.

2 hours ago, Rod & Merry said:

Simply More House Beverage Package.  I have heard that the 20% gratuity is added to your room bill.  Is this correct?

Rod

Interesting, where did you hear this? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Robb said:

Interesting thread.  Thanks to all who have contrtibuted.  Where can I find the list of included liquors, etc. that are included in the 'Prestige Select Beverage Package'.  I am referring to the $30 pp pd upgrade package.  Thanks so much. 

😊  🍸  🙂

What's included are those items on the general bar menu:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/general-bar-menu-oceania.pdf

Edited by 1985rz1

Posted (edited)

Thinking of booking Oceania for the first time. Are there any cabin types that come with an upgraded beverage package? Or do they run drink package promos from time to time? We are wine drinkers. In addition to wine with dinner, we enjoy a glass or two after our meal. Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

Edited by Maryann221

17 minutes ago, Maryann221 said:

Thinking of booking Oceania for the first time. Are there any cabin types that come with an upgraded beverage package? Or do they run drink package promos from time to time? We are wine drinkers. In addition to wine with dinner, we enjoy a glass or two after our meal. Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

No cabins come with the upgraded beverage package included.  The upper suites (Owners, Vista and Oceania) do have a full stocked bar with 6 full-size bottles of spirits or wine.

The upgraded beverage package offers the same wines by the glass as the basic package, not any upgraded choices.  I don't know what wines come in the upper suites, as the room descriptions simply say choose from the suite bar menu.

Posted (edited)

Oceania does not include the premium beverage package with any of their cabins nor do they run any specials,  The price (today) is $30.00 pp per day to upgrade.  You can wait a few days to see if you need to upgrade and only pay from that day forward,  Oceania does have a very liberal bring onboard alcohol policy.  You can bring personal wine (and other liquors) onboard at embarkation and at various ports for consumption in your cabin.  You can take a bottle of your personal wine with you to any meal and pay a $25.00 corkage fee.  We are wine drinkers and enjoy a glass on our verandah in the afternoons, before and after dinners.  Port is included in the SM beverage package so we order a glass of port after dinner.  We will bring wine onboard at embarkation (slap a label on the case and hand it to the porters with our luggage) and bring back local wines with us from our various ports.

Edited by basor
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, basor said:

Port is included in the SM beverage package so we order a glass of port after dinner

Care to elaborate on the Simply More deal?

2 hours ago, clo said:

Care to elaborate on the Simply More deal?

I am assuming you are joking since this has been discussed ad nausam since last Spring,....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, basor said:

I am assuming you are joking since this has been discussed ad nausam since last Spring,....

4 hours ago, Maryann221 said:

Sorry. I thought this poster might not be clear on the particulars.

1 hour ago, clo said:

Sorry. I thought this poster might not be clear on the particulars.

Since she was asking about the beverage package options, trying to stay on topic and only discuss the issue of beverage packages and alcohol.

54 minutes ago, basor said:

Since she was asking about the beverage package options, trying to stay on topic and only discuss the issue of beverage packages and alcohol.

And wine.

2 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

I wonder since everyone will have this package will the offerings change?

Why should it? It worked just fine. 

Here is my 2 cents……

The included SM package includes a fair number of wine and beer selections with lunch and dinner (including after dinner port wines etc).  Not super high end stuff, but decent in my view.  

They are pretty lax with what constitutes “with lunch or dinner”.  If you are ordering in any restaurant or at waves or the terrace anytime when food is being served, they will probably serve you regardless of what you order (or when).  You could easily order wine or beer with an order of wings at waves at 3:00pm.

The prestige select upgrade option may be appealing for a number of reasons:

- the cost is $30 pp per day, including gratuities … so if you like to order 2 or more drinks each day outside of the “wine and beer with lunch and dinner” inclusions, the additional cost is probably justified.

- the package includes most mixed drinks, liqueurs etc. except the really high end stuff (think Remy) and drinks at some special events (i.e. a scotch tasting event)

- although you are limited to one drink at a time (cuts down on abuse - see last point below) if a particular drink is included, you can order a double (or triple if that’s your thing) regardless of additional cost (I like to enjoy a double Baileys on ice on our balcony each evening).

- you don’t have to upgrade for the entire cruise, you can start at any point (but once you start, you must upgrade for the duration)

- if you purchase the upgrade on board, all passengers in your cabin do NOT need to upgrade (unlike most other lines) and Oceania relies mostly on the honour system to prevent people from abusing this.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 7:56 PM, basor said:

No need to be rude. I wasn’t looking unto Oceania last spring. 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:22 PM, dirtydan said:

Here is my 2 cents……

The included SM package includes a fair number of wine and beer selections with lunch and dinner (including after dinner port wines etc).  Not super high end stuff, but decent in my view.  

They are pretty lax with what constitutes “with lunch or dinner”.  If you are ordering in any restaurant or at waves or the terrace anytime when food is being served, they will probably serve you regardless of what you order (or when).  You could easily order wine or beer with an order of wings at waves at 3:00pm.

The prestige select upgrade option may be appealing for a number of reasons:

- the cost is $30 pp per day, including gratuities … so if you like to order 2 or more drinks each day outside of the “wine and beer with lunch and dinner” inclusions, the additional cost is probably justified.

- the package includes most mixed drinks, liqueurs etc. except the really high end stuff (think Remy) and drinks at some special events (i.e. a scotch tasting event)

- although you are limited to one drink at a time (cuts down on abuse - see last point below) if a particular drink is included, you can order a double (or triple if that’s your thing) regardless of additional cost (I like to enjoy a double Baileys on ice on our balcony each evening).

- you don’t have to upgrade for the entire cruise, you can start at any point (but once you start, you must upgrade for the duration)

- if you purchase the upgrade on board, all passengers in your cabin do NOT need to upgrade (unlike most other lines) and Oceania relies mostly on the honour system to prevent people from abusing this.

Thank you. That was very helpful since I am new to this cruiseline.

2 minutes ago, Maryann221 said:

No need to be rude. I wasn’t looking unto Oceania last spring. 

That response was not to you but to @clo who asked the question.  They are a long time member of CC and has been involved in many discussions about SM.

• Like 2

I suspect that I know the answer to this question, but wanted to make sure.....

If we upgrade to the optional ($30 per day) package, does that have any impact on the availability or cost of wines by the bottle during dinner (or other times)?  I would not expect to get three-figure bottles of wine "free", but it would be nice to be able to get $50 - $70 bottles included or perhaps get a discount (30%??) on bottles.  I would like to take advantage of the wider selection of wine by the bottle, without paying the (full) high price.  I realize that I could skip the optional package and then just apply the savings to the bottles(s), but then I also lose the availability outside of meal-times and I do enjoy a glass (or two) cognac after dinner.

• Like 1

I think the answer is no. The wines by the glass are the same regardless of whichever package you have. 

I don't think there is any discount on wines by the bottle, but I could be wrong on that. 

There used to be a 15% savings on wine bottles with a package (along with 20% of La Reserve dinners) that was a drink package perk, but my last cruise was right before SM started so I don't know if it's still there. Maybe someone has a current Beverage Brochure and can check.

• Like 1