MIA cruise, fly home from FLL

Bollycats

We are taking a Carnival cruise out of Miami and the airfares are ridiculous! I can get Ft. Lauderdale flights much cheaper. If we fly out of FLL after the cruise, we would take an Uber to the airport. I understand it's about 30 minutes away and will of course cost a little more than an uber to MIA. Other than that, am I missing anything? Do others do this? Is it easy? 

Uber, Lyft or a cab will be fine for the thirty minute plus ride from the Port Of Miami over to FLL. Make sure to figure for a departure out of FLL after 12 noon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bollycats said:

We are taking a Carnival cruise out of Miami and the airfares are ridiculous! I can get Ft. Lauderdale flights much cheaper. If we fly out of FLL after the cruise, we would take an Uber to the airport. I understand it's about 30 minutes away and will of course cost a little more than an uber to MIA. Other than that, am I missing anything? Do others do this? Is it easy? 

Yes, people do it all the time and in reverse as well. I have arrived in Ft. Lauderdale before with my flight home from Miami. It is very easy. There are always cabs available as well as Uber & Lyft.

Pre-cruise your best bet is to stay near FLL - usually cheaper than downtown Miami.  If you choose to use SAS for shuttle service they have a list of hotels they pick up at posted on their web site.

• Like 1

We are cruising from miami and found a much cheaper flight from Ft. Lauderdale, so we will Uber or Lyft cost is about a hundred, but saving lots . We have done this in the past .

Southwest Airlines is in the process of moving many of its international flights from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando airport.  As of now,  no plans to move many domestic flights out of FLL.

Fort Lauderdale flights have been noticeably cheaper than Miami for many years. Part  of that was due to Southwest not serving Miami (it does now), and part is due to the intense competition with JetBlue in FLL.  Southwest doesn't participate in many industry fare sites, you have to go to their website.

BrightLine may also be a factor.

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2024 at 7:41 PM, phredt said:

SAS shuttle, from FLL and back. $15 pp each way (plus driver tip).  I've used it many times.  In fact, will do again this monday.

ridesas.com

they left us at the port to fend for ourselves, so - no, thanks.

On 1/6/2024 at 6:01 PM, Cienfuegos said:

Fort Lauderdale flights have been noticeably cheaper than Miami for many years.

it really depends. For our Thanksgiving 2023 cruise out of POM, I found cheaper flights to MIA on SW and cheaper flights out of FLL on Spirit.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy