Cruise foods in 2074

lenquixote66

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My perception is that 50 years from now everything on cruises will be serviced by robots.I visualize this for dining rooms as well.Any other opinions ?

Yes and you’ll still be paying the daily service fee for robot maintenance!

I suspect that, with the speed of technological development, your estimate of 50 years will probably see us on the third generation of robotic servers.

The first generation of restaurant robots is already with us. Although it beats me why the first one in my area is at an all-you-can-eat buffet, when you'd usually serve yourself. Gimmick?

https://themanc.com/eats/the-greater-manchester-restaurant-where-youre-served-by-robots/

On 1/7/2024 at 4:04 AM, lenquixote66 said:

My perception is that 50 years from now everything on cruises will be serviced by robots.I visualize this for dining rooms as well.Any other opinions ?

50 years ago the “experts” predicted that we would all have flying cars, robots would be doing all of our work, cancer would be cured, airplanes would no longer need pilots, and we would be traveling to other planets by 2025.

Very little of that has happened in the past 50 years.

There is very little reason to believe that much of that will happen in the next 50 years.

13 hours ago, BruceMuzz said:

50 years ago the “experts” predicted that we would all have flying cars, robots would be doing all of our work, cancer would be cured, airplanes would no longer need pilots, and we would be traveling to other planets by 2025.

Very little of that has happened in the past 50 years.

There is very little reason to believe that much of that will happen in the next 50 years.

My parents went to the Worlds Fair in 1939.They came home with a three dimensional folder of how Washington DC would look in the year 2000.It was surprisingly accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably going to sound a bit harsh but here goes anyway.......I don't care what cruises will be serving in 2074........I am guessing many of us of a certain age won't be around 50 years from now so it doesn't matter to me what is being served.😧

There is no definitive way to predict how long a person may be on the planet.

I had a cousin who passed away in 1968 at age 102.With the scientific advances over the past 56 years anything is possible in my humble opinion.

• 1 month later...

The quality of food will continue to decline yet the masses will continue to wolf it down.

There may be some automation mostly as a gimmick but since foreign labor will probably continue to remain cheap, I doubt it will affect cruising much.  if US laws mandate minimum wages even for foreign workers all the cruise lines will just move to other countries where laws are more favorable.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 4:39 PM, Seamus6 said:

The quality of food will continue to decline yet the masses will continue to wolf it down.

There may be some automation mostly as a gimmick but since foreign labor will probably continue to remain cheap, I doubt it will affect cruising much.  if US laws mandate minimum wages even for foreign workers all the cruise lines will just move to other countries where laws are more favorable.

The cruise lines already moved to other countries for that very reason.