Drink Prices Now

Sea Gypsy 2

Having not cruised since before Covid, we are looking at a 2025 Caribbean cruise on the Majestic. 

We are considering the Plus package. After searching, I cannot find prices for beer, etc. for Princess now.

Would be grateful for information.  

4 hours ago, Sea Gypsy 2 said:

Having not cruised since before Covid, we are looking at a 2025 Caribbean cruise on the Majestic. 

We are considering the Plus package. After searching, I cannot find prices for beer, etc. for Princess now.

Would be grateful for information.  

We purchase the plus package every cruise now, great deal to us.  

8 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

We purchase the plus package every cruise now, great deal to us.  

I would love to do this but just cant justify it on a £399 5-day cruise at £50 a day - especially if we are only having one alcoholic drink a day in the evening. It only really works if you are a drinker surely? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChristopherTracy said:

I would love to do this but just cant justify it on a £399 5-day cruise at £50 a day - especially if we are only having one alcoholic drink a day in the evening. It only really works if you are a drinker surely? 

One drink a day would not make the plus package work unless you drink tons of specialty coffee drinks or tons of sodas. We drink 6-10 drinks a day each and it really pays off for us. It does include your grats and Wi-Fi 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChristopherTracy said:

Even with a couple specialty coffees per day and lots of bottled water, I couldn’t break even on 1 daily alcoholic beverage.  I think your math is probably correct.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChristopherTracy said:

It would depend on if you plan to use the fitness classes (me - yes, dh - no) and take advantage of the 2 free casual dinings. And have other non-alcoholic drinks since almost everything we drink costs extra. Oh, and use the wifi. 😄 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

It would depend on if you plan to use the fitness classes (me - yes, dh - no) and take advantage of the 2 free casual dinings. And have other non-alcoholic drinks since almost everything we drink costs extra. Oh, and use the wifi. 😄 

The 2 casual meals only total $60. I think without at least 3 drinks a day you can really argue that the plus is a good fit

I'm still considering the Plus package for myself. I wouldn't necessarily pay for Wifi so I'm not looking at that value. I would use OceanNow delivery, Specialty Dining, and of course Gratuities. That means the Plus package works out to $38/day for an 8-day cruise. 

Have a latte in the morning and it's only 3 drinks during the day. Perfect for sea days, but on port days that's 4 drinks between dinner and bed. That one is a little harder to imagine, personally.

2 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Do you know if you get 2 casual dines on 4 day cruises also?

24 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Do you know if you get 2 casual dines on 4 day cruises also?

Yes you get 2 casual dines with Plus, no matter the length of the cruise. A lot of complaints from passengers on longer voyages. Early on, when first introduced last year, management supposedly replied ‘we’re looking into it’ as seems unfair to only get 2 for longer sailings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ChristopherTracy said:

Best do the math like others have said.  We really like the convenience of everything covered when we board.  If we want an extra drink,  not a problem, sodas, water, coffee not a problem. WiFi, covered, crew has received their gratuity and casual dining is covered as well.  It truly is a personal preference and if you only have 1 drink great but you can order refreshing "mocktails" and drink fresh juices as well.  We also utilize room service frequently.

Edited by Cruisintimer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Krozulo said:

I'm still considering the Plus package for myself. I wouldn't necessarily pay for Wifi so I'm not looking at that value. I would use OceanNow delivery, Specialty Dining, and of course Gratuities. That means the Plus package works out to $38/day for an 8-day cruise. 

Have a latte in the morning and it's only 3 drinks during the day. Perfect for sea days, but on port days that's 4 drinks between dinner and bed. That one is a little harder to imagine, personally.

FYI - Plus doesn't include Specialty Dining. That would be Premier. 

4 hours ago, memoak said:

The 2 casual meals only total $60. I think without at least 3 drinks a day you can really argue that the plus is a good fit

They are $15 each so $60 would be 4 meals. Are you counting both cabinmates? I do all my math with one person.

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

FYI - Plus doesn't include Specialty Dining. That would be Premier. 

You're right! I meant Casual Dining for $15/meal. The math is right, the word isn't 😉

I think you have to remember that all of the drinks purchased (water, soda, beer, wine, cocktails) all automaticlly add an 18% gratuity on to the tab.  If you have a package the gratuities are included with the drink.   At $60 per day per person for plus, if you normally purchase wifi you are at $31 a day just for gratuities and wifi.  A $12 cocktail ends up costing you more than $14.  Two $12 cocktails a day puts you almost to the $29 you have left and you haven't purchased, coffee, tea, water, soda's or anything else on the list.  

• Like 4

Thanks all - this is extremely helpful. My cabinmate will need the wifi but I'm not bothered and my mobile plan covers Europe for the port days anyway. We only really drink tea and that's free (plus we always travel with our own teabags being UK stereotypes), maybe a juice at breakfast - I assume also available at breakfast like most lines.

I do like an exercise class but I hope there is free salsa/line dancing etc etc available.

5 hours ago, murdsam said:

Does anyone know what the drink packages are being sold for once on board?

As far as I have seen same prices before cruise and on first day on board

7 hours ago, murdsam said:

Does anyone know what the drink packages are being sold for once on board?

Princess has Plus and Premier packages which include WiFi and Crew Appreciation besides the Alcohol drink package, which you can buy on Day1 or Day2 of most sailings and currently for sailings using USD,  Plus is $60/day and Premier is $80/day. If 2 or more in a cabin, both passengers must purchase.

Princess also sells a stand alone alcohol drink package where the other passengers in cabin do not have to purchase. Prices are $64.99/day for Plus and $84.99/day for Premier and 18% service charge.

Prices where the on board currency is not the USD will vary. 

Princess also sells a non alcohol and soda only packages, see website for more details, but assume you were asking about alcohol included packages.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:45 PM, peagreenid said:

I think you have to remember that all of the drinks purchased (water, soda, beer, wine, cocktails) all automaticlly add an 18% gratuity on to the tab.  If you have a package the gratuities are included with the drink.   At $60 per day per person for plus, if you normally purchase wifi you are at $31 a day just for gratuities and wifi.  A $12 cocktail ends up costing you more than $14.  Two $12 cocktails a day puts you almost to the $29 you have left and you haven't purchased, coffee, tea, water, soda's or anything else on the list.  

Thanks for breaking it down this way. It was really helpful. I think I can make up the $29 on non-alcoholic drinks alone.

Drink from the juice bar $8
A couple of lattes $7
A mocktail $5.50
A couple bottles of Perrier or San Pellegrino
That puts me around $25 plus 18% gratuity = $29

5 minutes ago, Lemony32 said:

Thanks for breaking it down this way. It was really helpful. I think I can make up the $29 on non-alcoholic drinks alone.

Drink from the juice bar $8
A couple of lattes $7
A mocktail $5.50
A couple bottles of Perrier or San Pellegrino
That puts me around $25 plus 18% gratuity = $29

Juice bar should be included with a plus or premier package I believe 

That breakdown is just for the three major benefits of the plan.  

You also receive the

1. Medallion Mailing valued at $10

2. Two Casual dining meals at no cost ($14.99 per meal)

3. The two exercise classes

4. Two premium desserts a day (although I haven't met many people that consider this a benefit.

5. No additional charge if you want to use the app to order food or beverage deliveries. (worth $14.99)

6. Free room service delivery if you order with your phone ($5 value)