A cruise from Australia 🇦🇺

5 hours ago, Disney Sheep said:

Thank you so much for this thread. Australia and New Zealand have been on our bucket list for a long time and we have two cruises booked in the near future. The first on Royal will be to get us to Australia and the second will be on the Resilient Lady to explore New Zealand, so your posts have been read with great interest! I am attempting to manage my expectations given that the weather has stopped you from visiting some ports as well as the Sounds! Thanks again.

Refund of port fees of $56.44pp softened the disappointment! 

• Like 1

Thanks for great info on a destination there's not much about. Hope you'll contine on your Singapore cruise. 

Sorry for you and others on the cruise that you had to miss so many ports

1 hour ago, little britain said:

And $100 per cabin. I’m cool. 

I wouldn’t be ,coming half way around the world and missing Milford sound , I would be quite disappointed. But that’s life .

The fiords do get canceled a lot ,it’s a pretty wild part of the world. The big seas coming from Antarctica are unpredictable.

Now you have a excuse to come back LOL

I've enjoyed following along and hearing all about the places we missed in 2022. Hope to return down under sometime in the next few years. 

Looking forward to hearing about the next leg from Singapore.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread LB, I’ve been following your Singapore one and didn’t realise you’d done all this too. Sounds like a fantastic holiday indeed. Shame you missed the Sounds as they are superb, but things happen. Plus it’s always an excuse to come back 🙂 

Can you let me know what the motion was like on the two Australia cruises and the Singapore one? We’ve done loads of cruises and my wife is generally fine, but we did a two week one to NZ from Sydney in 2019 and my wife found the Tasmin sea quite rough and felt poorly for two days. We intend to spend around 5 weeks in Asia/Australia at the end of 2025 with at least 1 cruise thrown in so would be good to know.

Ironically we were on the last cruise to go into lockdown (Britannia) whilst in the Caribbean and had to sail back to the U.K. over 10 days instead of flying back and the Atlantic was calm as a pond.