Haven introduction letter?

9tee2Sea

I know this topic has been talked about ALOT, but I can seem to find the post's ( and some of them are very lengthy).  I cruise in 2 weeks, first time in Haven ( aft ,large balcony on Bliss).  I remember reading on here about a letter of introduction that I am supposed to receive from  the concierge ( or is it Butler), as well as some form I can fill out pre-cruise and ask for specifics that I would like to have in my cabin.  How far from sail away do they send out this information ( if they still do)?  The only thing I care about about is having the Mattress topper if the bed is hard ( some have said its a must), and coffee maker in my cabin along with coffee supplies for 4 cups ( 2 cups each every morning), and an always filled ice bucket ( drinking water constantly ). I was just going to tell the Butler when arriving, but if it can be done before hand, so much better.  Thanks

You would normally receive an email and snail mail letter and luggage tags about 50 days prior to departure from the pre-concierge. At this time, you won’t get anything more. 

All suites will have a Nespresso coffee maker with pods. Your butler will refresh pods twice a day. 

Haven beds are pillow tops. Not sure if you want a lattice topper on top of that. 

Pre-concierge

Note: I find the pre-concierge pretty useless and prefer to engage and build a rapport with my butler and room steward onboard. 
Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

you can also ask the cabin steward to get you the bed topper. it's really no problem, if you ask as soon as you get into your cabin, then wish to explore the ship (bliss observation room is amazing) or get something to eat. since youre in a haven suite, utilize their restaurant. and by the time youre done and ready to go back to your cabin, im sure the steward would have taken care of your request, and hopefully your butler would have brought you the peanut m&m's and the gummy bears (an absolute must!) LOL

19 minutes ago, complawyer said:

you can also ask the cabin steward to get you the bed topper. it's really no problem, if you ask as soon as you get into your cabin, then wish to explore the ship (bliss observation room is amazing) or get something to eat. since youre in a haven suite, utilize their restaurant. and by the time youre done and ready to go back to your cabin, im sure the steward would have taken care of your request, and hopefully your butler would have brought you the peanut m&m's and the gummy bears (an absolute must!) LOL

Although those snacks appear yummy, I cannot have them.  I will try the almond croissant that people have raved about ( but not everyday)

54 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You would normally receive an email and snail mail letter and luggage tags about 50 days prior to departure from the pre-concierge. At this time, you won’t get anything more. 

All suites will have a Nespresso coffee maker with pods. Your butler will refresh pods twice a day. 

Haven beds are pillow tops. Not sure if you want a lattice topper on top of that. 

Pre-concierge

Note: I find the pre-concierge pretty useless and prefer to engage and build a rapport with my butler and room steward onboard. 

I haven't received anything at all.  I printed my luggage tags from the edocs.  

Never needed a mattress topper.  Coffee machines are there already.  Ice, no matter how much this has been asked by us, never as much as we'd like.  Once we did have a butler on Spirit understand and actually had an igloo in room stocked with ice at all times.  Have always had plenty of coffee and tea.  All items mentioned can be asked of the butler once onboard.  Of course, results may vary.

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I know this topic has been talked about ALOT, but I can seem to find the post's ( and some of them are very lengthy).  I cruise in 2 weeks, first time in Haven ( aft ,large balcony on Bliss).  I remember reading on here about a letter of introduction that I am supposed to receive from  the concierge ( or is it Butler), as well as some form I can fill out pre-cruise and ask for specifics that I would like to have in my cabin.  How far from sail away do they send out this information ( if they still do)?  The only thing I care about about is having the Mattress topper if the bed is hard ( some have said its a must), and coffee maker in my cabin along with coffee supplies for 4 cups ( 2 cups each every morning), and an always filled ice bucket ( drinking water constantly ). I was just going to tell the Butler when arriving, but if it can be done before hand, so much better.  Thanks

I've found the on-shore concierge to be most helpful.  I've never received a form from them so I just call them.   You'll find them most friendly and helpful.  I called last week and they apologized for the long wait time which was less than 2 minutes on hold.

If some of  your requests aren't fulfilled you will at least made a head start.  

The reason you should call is they will spend some time explaining all the things they can provide.  They'll be some stuff you didn't even imagine. 
One thing, I think you're confusing the letter which is sometimes sent by the on-shore concierge with the introduction letter some prepare and give to the butler.  
Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The reason you should call is they will spend some time explaining all the things they can provide.  They'll be some stuff you didn't even imagine. 

It must depend on who you get. I called yesterday to request an extension cord for my husband's CPAP and she just said okay, anything else you need?

2 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

It must depend on who you get. I called yesterday to request an extension cord for my husband's CPAP and she just said okay, anything else you need?

I've called three times and each time I've found them to be outstanding. I've never once had them brush me off like that.   I would suggest that the best reponse to 'anything else you need' would be 'what else can  you do for me'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

But, there is low probability that the request will be satisfied. We bring our own light weight cord versus having an industrial cord to deal with daily. 

Most Haven rooms have outlets at one side of the bed. 

10 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've called three times and each time I've found them to be outstanding. I've never once had them brush me off like that.   I would suggest that the best reponse to 'anything else you need' would be 'what else can  you do for me'.

That's a great idea. I think I will try that.

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But, there is low probability that the request will be satisfied. We bring our own light weight cord versus having an industrial cord to deal with daily. 

Most Haven rooms have outlets at one side of the bed. 

OK, I will bring one just in case. We did our first NCL cruise last year on the Bliss, and the steward and butler not only brought the extension cord but also taped it down so we wouldn't trip if we got up during the night, which we really appreciated. And based on last year's experience I agree with you that I should have just communicated directly with our butler and steward rather than the pre-concierge.

4 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Although those snacks appear yummy, I cannot have them.  I will try the almond croissant that people have raved about ( but not everyday)

If you're so lucky as to have the pistachio croissants, try one of them. They're quite small. I used to rave about the almond croissants, but on the last two cruises only had one on each cruise. The other pastries are really great, I don't want any many carbs, and the almond croissant just doesn't speak to me like it used to...don't get me wrong, they're still great! I just have found other yummyness on board to replace them with.

when i ask, the cabin steward has always brought me an extension cord (to be safe, i always bring my own, just in case)

if i tell them i have a breathing machine, they always offer to bring the distilled water, although you can order it in advance by calling the on shore concierge

Also, don't expect to have your requests filled on sail day as the butler staff is very busy. Now something like an extension cord for a necessary CPAP machine may be a high enough priority to warrant same day service.

13 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Also, don't expect to have your requests filled on sail day as the butler staff is very busy. Now something like an extension cord for a necessary CPAP machine may be a high enough priority to warrant same day service.

We always request our items through our PCC and then double check with the pre-cruise concierge to make sure the requests are in the system. Each cruise, when we arrive in the suite on embarkation day, our list has been fulfilled. 

I certainly agree with you if you wait to hold a conversation with the butler that things may not be ready until next day. We always have a great opening discussion with the butler on embarkation day and that sets us up for a perfect cruise. This is when we discuss what type of snacks  we do/don't want. Our butlers have been generally wonderful about holding what we don't want (we always get something, but it's a system, so we're ok with it). 

Our requests are run of the mill:

- Pitcher of iced tea

- Pitcher of water

- Sometimes the gummy bears and M&M's (didn't request this last time)

- Second blanket 

- Lounger on the balcony instead of chair

I do agree with bonvoyagie that you shouldn't expect the same results I mentioned above, but there's a good chance you'll have everything sitting there waiting for you if you request it ahead of time. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, complawyer said:

9tee2sea. sorry you cant have the m&m's or the gummies. try the chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin instead. 

I can do the oatmeal raisin,  but anything sweeter than that really hurts my stomach.  As for the gummies, I have chocked on a few of them different times, so I now avoid any chewy, sugary sweet treat (I really Used to love Hot Tamales, but no longer)

23 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've found the on-shore concierge to be most helpful.  I've never received a form from them so I just call them.   You'll find them most friendly and helpful.  I called last week and they apologized for the long wait time which was less than 2 minutes on hold.

If some of  your requests aren't fulfilled you will at least made a head start.  

One thing, I think you're confusing the letter which is sometimes sent by the on-shore concierge with the introduction letter some prepare and give to the butler.  

I do pre-cruise requests via phone as much as possible.  If things change, I work with the on board concierge and Butler.  I am fairly "seat of the pants" when cruising in the Haven because I know they'll take care of me...before and during the cruise.

I've tried emails, too. But, phone seems to be the easier and quickest way to get a response.  I've never had any of them be anything but helpful and cordial.

• Like 1

Just because this is fresh in may mind, I just got off the phone with the pre-cruise concierge.  She made all my dinner reservations.  She made note of no "gummy bears" as a snack and to replace those with peanut M&Ms.  No Champagne in the room, to be replaced with red wine.  Cream to be put in the fridge for coffee and no "decaf" coffee pods.....only the coffee with the caffeine is to be stocked.

I think I'm good to go.

Can't think of anything else I'd put in any sort of letter.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just because this is fresh in may mind, I just got off the phone with the pre-cruise concierge.  She made all my dinner reservations.  She made note of no "gummy bears" as a snack and to replace those with peanut M&Ms.  No Champagne in the room, to be replaced with red wine.  Cream to be put in the fridge for coffee and no "decaf" coffee pods.....only the coffee with the caffeine is to be stocked.

I think I'm good to go.

Can't think of anything else I'd put in any sort of letter.

Couple of things there I should've included.

No decaf.  IMHO, decaf is like dehydrated water.

How is the red wine vs. the champagne?

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the info ( especial the contact number/email).  I called and talked to the pre-conceriege ( i think that's what he was called).  Asked me questions, told him the answers.  I think I got the room ready for set up ( especially the feather pillows).  Went with keto friendly snacks (cheeses... but said I will cheat and to add some crackers).  Requested 2 chaise lounges for the balcony, in addition to the table and chairs for eating.  Luggage tags were sent to an old address ( I moved and forgot to change the address on file in my profile), so the printed ones off the docs will do.  Could not change out the " Sparkling wine" for Red wine, he said I can ask for that from the butler when on board. 

Thanks everyone again for the info.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Couple of things there I should've included.

No decaf.  IMHO, decaf is like dehydrated water.

How is the red wine vs. the champagne?

Don’t know about the red wine.  But, I know the champagne they have in the cabin isn’t something I like!