Sky Princess Captains dinner table

Lewis_62

Hi,

Apoligies if this is already a topic i couldnt find it (first time on the site) i am going on a cruise aboard sky princess has anyone done the captains table dinner? would anyone recommend it and what is the rough price point per person?

thanks in advance

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Unfortunately, Princess does not offer a “captains table dinner”.

The Sky Princess has a few alternative (for $) dining options.  

1 hour ago, Lewis_62 said:

Sorry i meant Chefs table looking for a nice dinner but want to know if its worth it 

The Chef'sTable dinner on Sky Princess is in the neighborhood of $115 per person with wine, $100 without wine. It's a pretty fabulous meal and surrounded by a crystal Lumiere curtain. The first experience probably will blow you out of the water. Sign up by calling the dine line when you board. There is usually a waiting list.

58 minutes ago, SKCruiser007 said:

The Chef'sTable dinner on Sky Princess is in the neighborhood of $115 per person with wine, $100 without wine. It's a pretty fabulous meal and surrounded by a crystal Lumiere curtain. The first experience probably will blow you out of the water. Sign up by calling the dine line when you board. There is usually a waiting list.

For conflicting opinions, see

4 hours ago, Lewis_62 said:

Sorry i meant Chefs table looking for a nice dinner but want to know if its worth it 

Some friends went a few days ago on the Discovery and with wine, it was $150.  They said enjoyed it.  Worth the cost?  I wouldn’t think so.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Some friends went a few days ago on the Discovery and with wine, it was $150.  They said enjoyed it.  Worth the cost?  I wouldn’t think so.  

I wouldn't spend that amount of money, but if I did, the 360 dinner might be a better option if the ship offered it. 

3 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I wouldn't spend that amount of money, but if I did, the 360 dinner might be a better option if the ship offered it. 

I used to love the WineMakers dinner when offered for $40 pp.  Aside from the Catch by Rudi, one time, it was the best meal I’ve ever had on a cruise.  But then, my DH can’t eat that late and I just can’t eat that much food in one sitting.  When it went up to $130 pp or thereabouts, I gave up on the idea altogether.  
I wouldn’t even do the 360° experience, as for that cost, I can upgrade to the premier package and not only get 2 specialty meals pp, but also unlimited casual meals, nicer wine, photos, etc.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Sure am glad that I already experienced the Chef's Table. It was great!! With the new "standard" menu and a higher price...it's one and done.

• Like 1

We very much enjoyed the Chef's table on the Grand and the Sky. It was when it cost less (@$115.00 with alcohol). The venue was elegant and gorgeous. Presentation was lovely. However, at $140.00 we will not participate.

On the Grand in September 2022, we received a beautiful hardback cookbook and our photographs at the dinner. This one was in the Crowne Grill.

On the Sky in June 2023, the dinner took place at the large round table in one of the dining rooms. It had the beautiful round "curtain" around it. We received photographs, but no cookbook.

I didn't realize it went up that much and the menu changed.  It was excellent for $115 but I'm not sure at $140.  The 360 I would pay the $200 I think they will be asking.  We did it twice and it was incredible.

On the Ruby in November, we attended the Chef's Table (with the standardized menu,) Caymus Winemaker Dinner, Super Tuscan lunch, and did the Ultimate Balcony dinner. (Was doing, umm, "research.") 

I would rate the from best to worst: Ultimate Balcony Dinner, Super Tuscan Lunch, Chef's Table, and last was Caymus Winemaker Dinner.

I did like that now the Chef's Table did not have an overwhelming amount of food. We could eat it all, and enjoy the dessert. Especially on ships that have the Lumiere, I would recommend Chef's Table, even at the higher price. 

10 hours ago, SKCruiser007 said:

On the Ruby in November, we attended the Chef's Table (with the standardized menu,) Caymus Winemaker Dinner, Super Tuscan lunch, and did the Ultimate Balcony dinner. (Was doing, umm, "research.") 

I would rate the from best to worst: Ultimate Balcony Dinner, Super Tuscan Lunch, Chef's Table, and last was Caymus Winemaker Dinner.

I did like that now the Chef's Table did not have an overwhelming amount of food. We could eat it all, and enjoy the dessert. Especially on ships that have the Lumiere, I would recommend Chef's Table, even at the higher price. 

Excellent info.  Can you advise the price for each?

4 hours ago, 57eric said:

Excellent info.  Can you advise the price for each?

OK, I've done my homework now and see that UBD is $55 per person and the winemaker dinner is $140 (with multiple reports that as recently as last year it was $40).  Can anyone chime in on the other two?

9 hours ago, 57eric said:

OK, I've done my homework now and see that UBD is $55 per person and the winemaker dinner is $140 (with multiple reports that as recently as last year it was $40).  Can anyone chime in on the other two?

The Chef's Table is either $135 or $115 per person. The Super Tuscan lunch was $100+ per person, too. (I forget.) The best thing to do, I think, is talk to the Sommelier when you board the ship and ask him the options and prices for your ship.