Photos Premier Package

lakegirl16

We upgraded to Premier on an upcoming cruise.  What photos are included in the package?  We haven't had pictures taken in years and therefore I haven't paid much attention.  Do they still take them when you board and when are in ports?  Are the evening photos included?

Thank you.

50 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

We upgraded to Premier on an upcoming cruise.  What photos are included in the package?  We haven't had pictures taken in years and therefore I haven't paid much attention.  Do they still take them when you board and when are in ports?  Are the evening photos included?

Thank you.

All of them. Any you take at any of the photographers anywhere around the ship (not the Platinum Studio seatings).

Any of the backdrops, port photos, deck photos, dini g room photos, etc. As long as whomever has the photo package is in the photo, it's theirs 

Download all during the cruise 

Pick three to print. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

We love the photos in the premier package. Before we used to avoid the photographers at every opportunity... now we seek them out!

You get a flash drive at the end with ALL your photos and you can have 3 printed.

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We love the photos in the premier package. Before we used to avoid the photographers at every opportunity... now we seek them out!

You get a flash drive at the end with ALL your photos and you can have 3 printed.

YMMV regarding getting a complimentary flash drive with all your photos. Was on the Emerald last July and August. July cruise provided flash drive, August cruise photo shop said the complimentary drives were out of stock but I could purchase one, so I downloaded all to my iPad for that sailing.

Just off the Dec 1 LA to SCL on Sapphire, had Premier pkg. Photo dept said they will not supply a flash drive and suggested I download to my own device. Sapphire still prints most of the photos, so I had lots of printed ones to choose from.

Unfortunately, I waited till last night of cruise to try and download all my pictures and the photo gallery was already closed. The APP said I had 27 pictures! I know I should have had at least 150! The photo manager was at the Photo Gallery on disembarkation morning and I shared the APP was missing most of my photos! He said the system was closed but opened it for me, but still could not locate any more of my pictures. 

I had friends staying on the next sailing and the manager promised he would find my photos and download them to a flash drive to give to my friend. It took them a few days, but my friend said he was given a flash drive that is supposed to have all my photos.

I suggest you check to see if all of your photos have be uploaded correctly into the APP, the next day after taking photos, plus you should have a ideal of how many you took the previous night and which backgrounds. I did not check as the Sapphire was printing almost every one and had them on display. 

Almost all Royal class ship do NOT print pictures for review. You are directed to view on your personal device or go view on one of the monitors at the photo gallery. When you have decided which pictures you want printed, keep in mind you can customize at no extra fee by cropping, rotating, adding filters, borders, etc. Ask the photographers for advice and options, unless you arehappy with the displayed shot.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Yet another case of complete inconsistency between ships and cruises. This is becoming a trait with Princess unfortunately and is so many areas.

Last cruise on Sky I did get a free flash drive and it did contain all my photos AFAIK but thanks for the heads up. Clearly this is not guaranteed.

Thanks everyone for the information.  Where will you find the photos on the app?  I looked and didn't see anything but perhaps that is because we aren't on the ship.  Thanks again.

Guest Snaxmuppet

I never used the app for photos. I just went to the photo center and used one of the many screens there. Not sure there will be anything prior to the cruise on the app.

Edited by Snaxmuppet
typo

5 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Yet another case of complete inconsistency between ships and cruises. This is becoming a trait with Princess unfortunately and is so many areas.

Last cruise on Sky I did get a free flash drive and it did contain all my photos AFAIK but thanks for the heads up. Clearly this is not guaranteed.

🤨 ya, we spent 22 days and over 100 photos on flash drive the Majestic provided.

• Like 1

We didn't get the flash drive on the Royal Princess last month.  But I did remember to download them to my phone from the app so it was fine.  We also got to pick 6 pictures (3 for me and 3 for DH).  We made it a point to do all of the posed pictures and also stopped for the port pictures that we would usually skip.  They did still print them on the Royal and we found some that weren't on our phones.  They use facial recognition software and it doesn't pick up some, like the posed ones where you are sideways and looking at each other.  The photo staff scanned the missing ones for us and they then appeared on our phones.  I downloaded the new pictures as they appeared on the app multiple times during the trip just in case I forgot at the end.  Photo staff says it's best to do it on the last day but I say do what works for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e3c1f4 said:

Has anyone upgraded from Plus to Premier on the last day to get all the photos for $20?  Is that an option?

Nope not an option, you can only buy Plus or Premier or upgrade on Day 1 or 2 of your sailing!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

One reason it doesn't always get all of the pics is that their facial recognition software is far from perfect 🙂

• Like 1

I downloaded all my pictures to the app on my phone several times during the cruise to make sure I got them. One picture was missing because my face was hidden - I stopped by the photo area and they found the picture and added it to my list. I also got a free USB drive on the last day of the cruise.

Reminder: Several people mentioned the three printouts. That's three per person if you have two people with Premier in the cabin. You can order the printouts on your app. However, I could only order three on my app. I had to order the other three on DW's phone using her app.

• Like 1

So do you just go to the photo area the last day and pick out the prints and ask for you flash drive ? If I bring my own flash drive in case they don't offer it, will they load it.

8 hours ago, 2and2 said:

So do you just go to the photo area the last day and pick out the prints and ask for you flash drive ? If I bring my own flash drive in case they don't offer it, will they load it.

You don't have to go to the photo area. You can download the pictures to your app anytime throughout the cruise. You can order the prints through the app also - but only 3 from each person.

I believe you normally need to go to the photo area to pick up your prints after ordering them. I called them and they delivered mine to my cabin without my going there. But that was probably because I was quarantined with COVID at the time.

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Where in the app do the photos appear?  We aren’t onboard yet which might impact this but I don’t see anything in the app that looks like it would have my photos.

You have to wait until you're onboard. I used the old app on my last cruise, so the location may have changed in the new one.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Thanks 1

Regarding downloading the photos from the app, another thing to be aware of is that you must go into your settings to allow the app to access your photos.  Without allowing that I do not know how to access them, at least on an Apple device.  If you do not know how to set that permission the Photo staff will be happy to assist you.

• Thanks 1

All this is good information. From previous experience on many different cruise lines, I would: check your photos on your app or at the photo kiosks at the end of each day, decide what you want and order prints two days before disembarkation, make sure all images are recorded on their flash drive, (to ensure quality), and be sure and pack a stiff cardboard mailer to keep your prints from being bent or damaged in you luggage on your trip home.

Some of our most cherished pictures have come from cruise trips. The photographers are good! 

I like your advice about picking out what you want two days before.  I will probably not use the app for anything, as both do not work for me so far . I will just go to the photo department area hopefully like the good old days .

On 1/16/2024 at 5:06 PM, wallyj said:

Nope not an option, you can only buy Plus or Premier or upgrade on Day 1 or 2 of your sailing!

Do you know if you buy onboard can it be any 2 people in your room or does it have to still be guest #1 and #2?  Could you buy it for just 1 person?  Do you get a photo release so you can print any at home?

13 hours ago, spedteach said:

Do you know if you buy onboard can it be any 2 people in your room or does it have to still be guest #1 and #2?  Could you buy it for just 1 person?  Do you get a photo release so you can print any at home?

I believe the rule is at least 2 in your cabin need to purchase. No to buying for only ONE in cabin. You do not need release as you download onto your own device or flash drive and can do as you wish, no watermark/copyright.

• Like 1