Scissors Not Allowed on MSC?

Cruzinforpeace***

I just read our cruise ticket information and it says that we cannot bring scissors on board.  I like to crochet while cruising and I need to bring a small pair of scissors (4 inches or less). Does anyone know if they were able to bring scissors on board and if so would it be better to bring them in my checked luggage? I don’t even want to waste my time, asking the customer service reps. They will just parrot whatever is written on their website so I thought I’d ask in the forum to see if anybody has any experience with this type of thing.  I’ve never had a cruise line say scissors were completely prohibited but I guess MSC is truly a different animal.

I always pack a small Pair of fiskars that fold up - they get through airport security and msc 

13 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I just read our cruise ticket information and it says that we cannot bring scissors on board.  I like to crochet while cruising and I need to bring a small pair of scissors (4 inches or less). Does anyone know if they were able to bring scissors on board and if so would it be better to bring them in my checked luggage? I don’t even want to waste my time, asking the customer service reps. They will just parrot whatever is written on their website so I thought I’d ask in the forum to see if anybody has any experience with this type of thing.  I’ve never had a cruise line say scissors were completely prohibited but guess MSC is truly a different animal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KittyCruz said:

I always pack a small Pair of fiskars that fold up - they get through airport security and msc 

Thank you!  That’s what I just ordered on Amazon.  Seems the best option.

for the other crafters out there:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07STZPX2L/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwy&th=1

• Like 1

I always bring a normal small scissor on board. I will knit on board.

and in my handluggage i have a little swiss knive with a 4 cm blade.

Twice in 10 years they take it away at the Airport, once in Hongkong and once in the USA.

On the Ships it was never a problem.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always brought 2 pairs of normal sized scissors onboard.  I keep a pair in the front pocket of each of my (airline checked-in) suitcases to cut the cable ties I use to clip the zips together.  I’ve never had a problem having them onboard (and they’re often just left on the counter in the cabin - so within sight of the stewards/butlers).

10 hours ago, Bgwest said:

image.thumb.jpg.77728585bf5aac0ca379f522dc4210cb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.ea0a2f9846fc7a51f3d239642c5aa297.jpg

I had these confiscated on another cruise line several years ago. 
Long story short, I grabbed them back and still travel with them. 
The photo shows my current workaround. Haven’t had a problem since. 

5 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I had these confiscated on another cruise line several years ago. 
Long story short, I grabbed them back and still travel with them. 
The photo shows my current workaround. Haven’t had a problem since. 

Love that sneaky packaging!

On 1/18/2024 at 1:47 AM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I just read our cruise ticket information and it says that we cannot bring scissors on board.  I like to crochet while cruising and I need to bring a small pair of scissors (4 inches or less). Does anyone know if they were able to bring scissors on board and if so would it be better to bring them in my checked luggage? I don’t even want to waste my time, asking the customer service reps. They will just parrot whatever is written on their website so I thought I’d ask in the forum to see if anybody has any experience with this type of thing.  I’ve never had a cruise line say scissors were completely prohibited but I guess MSC is truly a different animal.

We had all but one of our suitcases delivered to the room. After the ship left the port, in the evening, I was asked to go to an holding area to identify our suitcase, asked to open it so security can inspect contents (as x ray had shown a pair of scissors in it)!