Formal nights where are they listed on the app?

Sunlog

I’ve looked all over the app and can’t find what days will be formal night. I know there are two formal nights during this cruise which is 8 nights.

Usually the first would be the first sea day and the second would be the penultimate night but in this case we’re in Stavanger on the penultimate night. We don’t leave Stavanger until 5pm.

There are no more sea days except the final night.

Does anyone know where I could find the information?

We sail on Sunday and I figured out the first formal night seeing 'captain's welcome party & champagne fountain' listed in the Journey View daily schedule. That's been populated in the app for several weeks now.

There's no clues yet for our second formal night in the app, but some recent cruisers uploaded daily Patters so we could see prior schedules. Maybe someone who has been on the cruise could share info.

• Like 1

Not sure about the new app. In the old one I just went through Journey View day by day and found the days that listed "Formal Portraits". Those are the Formal Nights.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not sure about the new app. In the old one I just went through Journey View day by day and found the days that listed "Formal Portraits". Those are the Formal Nights.

For our cruise leaving Sunday no formal portrait nights are listed yet. That was the first thing I looked for 🙂 It shouldn't make a difference on activities but I have both apps on my phone right now and neither one shows formal pictures yet, just the champagne fountain as I mentioned earlier.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

18 minutes ago, TxChick51 said:

On our 7 night Alaskan cruise, formal nights were on our two sea days

That's typically the case unless there's no other option, then they'll assign it to a port day. 

On 1/18/2024 at 8:45 AM, MissP22 said:

I don't believe it's shown in the app until you're aboard. 

That is likely.  We knew when the were happening so they must have been in the App somewhere.  

Our most recent 7 day cruise (Aug 2023) only had one designated "Formal" night (first full sea day) - the second one was labeled "Dress to Impress."  My understanding was this was the new format for most cruises but I could be mistaken.