"Early evening" departure

elmsliebev

we are in Flam on the Queen Anne in June and have booked the Flam railway. Tickets are fully refundable and we should be back in Flam by 15.45. The port schedules just show "early evening" departure time - any idea what time that means? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

we are in Flam on the Queen Anne in June and have booked the Flam railway. Tickets are fully refundable and we should be back in Flam by 15.45. The port schedules just show "early evening" departure time - any idea what time that means? Thanks.

After 5 pm in Cunardspeak, I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

After 5 pm in Cunardspeak, I think.

thanks. I've just seen that there is a Cunard trip on the train departing after our train time so we'll be ok timewise.

• Like 1

I think you should be fine. The railway is mins from the ship. Top tip I was given,  going up try and get a seat on the right and then swop over to  stay right to come back down. You need to queue at least 45 mins beforehand. I went in May last year and there was still so much snow

4D9FAF14-3857-4DD4-971A-0807E4D0852F.jpeg

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 2

You might get an idea of the anticipated time from the port website.

For some reason known only to Carnival the ports know what time the ship will be in port, the cruise line know what time the ship will be in port but it is not something that the passengers need to know!

2 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

Flam port (Aurland port authority) have departure as 1800

• Like 2

I wish Cunard would just tell us the times! I hate it when "early morning" turns out to be 1 AM. "Early morning" sounds like maybe I can go out for a quick look around before we leave. But it never is.

Or worse, they say "overnight," which definitely implies some port time the next day. Sneaky.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, david63 said:

You might get an idea of the anticipated time from the port website.

For some reason known only to Carnival the ports know what time the ship will be in port, the cruise line know what time the ship will be in port but it is not something that the passengers need to know!

Some years ago in Gibraltar on QV when times were given we were 20 minutes late leaving  because  bunkering overran. A fellow pax standing next 2 me on deck 10 announced  loudly he was going to purser to complain and would be writing a letter of complaint to Cunard.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sogne said:

Some years ago in Gibraltar on QV when times were given we were 20 minutes late leaving  because  bunkering overran. A fellow pax standing next 2 me on deck 10 announced  loudly he was going to purser to complain and would be writing a letter of complaint to Cunard.

I can see why arriving late could be a nuisance, but what on earth does leaving late matter, when it a small amount of time that is easy to make up?

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I can see why arriving late could be a nuisance, but what on earth does leaving late matter, when it a small amount of time that is easy to make up?

Some people just look for things to complain about. I remember overhearing a man in the computer room on QE2 writing a letter to add to his end of cruise survey. The wine waiter had broken a cork opening a bottle of wine. "And it ruined my cruise." He really did say that. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Some people just look for things to complain about. I remember overhearing a man in the computer room on QE2 writing a letter to add to his end of cruise survey. The wine waiter had broken a cork opening a bottle of wine. "And it ruined my cruise." He really did say that. 

Some people must live incredibly trouble free lives. A ruined cruise might result from an unbearably smelly cabin, or the cases ending up in the harbour, both of which have happened recently. I wonder what he would have to say about that sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Some people must live incredibly trouble free lives. A ruined cruise might result from an unbearably smelly cabin, or the cases ending up in the harbour, both of which have happened recently. I wonder what he would have to say about that sort of thing.

With any luck, we might see him jump overboard!

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2024 at 9:05 AM, sogne said:

Flam 2024  schedule 

https://www.flamport.no/arrival-listule

https://www.cunardcruceros.com/cunard/en.html

Spanish Cunard site 

find cruise  click on map displayed  pop up appears with arrival boarding and deparure times

that's great, thanks so much. A different site to the one I found that didn't have times on. 

And I now know that Liggetid  means Length of Stay in Norwegian!