Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

9 hours ago, dweeb said:

Carnival Corp is doing fine paying down their debt.  Here's an article that shows they are ahead of forecasts on paying it down.  It is still a large amount, but it is manageable.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation--plc-reports-record-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-revenues-with-continued-strong-bookings-and-earnings-momentum-302020638.html

Given this is CCL's spin on their financial position , not an analyst's, I'm not convinced that the company future is assured. Are occupancy rates above 100% reasonable long-term or even mid-term ?

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2024 at 4:29 PM, d9704011 said:

That needs to be done through the Princess app. FYI, I have never been able to figure out how two book to individual packages; it's either a single device or four devices and we only need two.  I book one for me then sign into my wife's Medallion account and book one for her.  Works just fine.

You can take turns.  You log on with your device. When done, log off your device and log on DW's device.  Or simply log on with DW's device and the Princess system will automatically boot your device.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Princess Chatterer said:

You can take turns.   Or simply log on with DW's device and the Princess system will automatically boot your device.

Exactly. DW and I switched back and forth on the Sky. Worked great and the speed was impressive.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, richstowe said:

Exactly. DW and I switched back and forth on the Sky. Worked great and the speed was impressive.

Sure.  But if two people want to be able to access internet at the same time, that's not an option.  Why not simply suggest taking an internet break for a week or two and eliminate the access issue entirely?

While I think about it.... here are possible solutions to the solo passenger problem; get somebody else to go with you and have them pay half.  Or.... stay at home.

Don't you find that many of the 'solutions' to problems/issues offered on these threads often ignore or dismiss what the person actually wants to do?

Edited by d9704011

Guest Snaxmuppet
7 hours ago, richstowe said:

Or you can get a travel router and then you can both use the internet at the same time on one connection 🙂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B4ZSR2PX

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Sure.  But if two people want to be able to access internet at the same time, that's not an option.  Why not simply suggest taking an internet break for a week or two and eliminate the access issue entirely?

So your advice is no internet rather then sharing? Thanks.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Don't you find that many of the 'solutions' to problems/issues offered on these threads often ignore or dismiss what the person actually wants to do?

Sure do. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Snaxmuppet

A lot of the posts (and a lot of mine) don't just address the OP but help in other ways when other issues crop up in the thread. It isn't just about answering the specific issue raised in the OP... it is a discussion and other things crop up that people can often help with.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Thanks

BTW, the mult-device option (up to four devices) is $45 per day.  With elite discount, that's $22.50 per day..... a little cheaper than two single packages if that is what you're looking for.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

I am Elite and then some.  I purchased the Single device on the Princess app for a November 2024 cruise.  My credit card was charged the full $25 per day.  Maybe Princess is hoping that I won't notice that they owe me a 50% off OBC.  

Is your loyalty status correct in the App?  If not, it will charge you full price, initially.  You can get the 50% discount back as OBC, once OB.

Or, call your TA/CVP or call in to PCL.  Good luck with that call in!

Or, send a message to Customer relations to correct.

They have a real problem correcting the App. SMH

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is your loyalty status correct in the App?  If not, it will charge you full price.  They have a real problem correcting the App. SMH

They did that to me as well. You will get the 50% discount as an onboard credit when you are on the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is your loyalty status correct in the App?  If not, it will charge you full price, initially.  You can get the 50% discount back as OBC, once OB.

Or, call your TA/CVP or call in to PCL.  Good luck with that call in!

Or, send a message to Customer relations to correct.

They have a real problem correcting the App. SMH

Loyalty status shows correctly on the web site but I can't find it showing anywhere on the app.  I hesitate to call PCL because of the language barrier in talking with the Philippines.  I sent a query to customer relations based on your good advice and await their reply.

28 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Loyalty status shows correctly on the web site but I can't find it showing anywhere on the app.  I hesitate to call PCL because of the language barrier in talking with the Philippines.  I sent a query to customer relations based on your good advice and await their reply.

I don’t blame you about calling.

You can look on the App, click lower right on your profile picture.  On that pic is a medallion.  It should reflect the right color.  I’m elite, so it should be black with a white sea witch.  
Also, you should see your 50% discount stated on the internet page, where you would purchase it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t blame you about calling.

You can look on the App, click lower right on your profile picture.  On that pic is a medallion.  It should reflect the right color.  I’m elite, so it should be black with a white sea witch.  
Also, you should see your 50% discount stated on the internet page, where you would purchase it.

It shows a white medallion.  Now the question is how to change it to black?

3 hours ago, carnabombers said:

They did that to me as well. You will get the 50% discount as an onboard credit when you are on the ship.

Only problem with that, for us…

we have long cruises, 51+ days and it is a big difference to pay up front.  Luckily, I booked several of our cruises when the old App was available and showed our Elite status.

Shorter cruises, not as much of an issue, if you want OBC.  JMO

Just now, Princess Chatterer said:

It shows a white medallion.  Now the question is how to change it to black?

A marker!  🤣

Let’s see if the email request works. LMK.

Do you have a TA/CVP?  They might help?

Another Princess price increase that doesn't affect me. 😁

They can keep their internet and overpriced packages also.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

A marker!  🤣

Let’s see if the email request works. LMK.

Do you have a TA/CVP?  They might help?

Philippines call center lady just now verified my loyalty level and then offered me Internet at the 50% off price.  She said the app listed me as a first time Princess (white level) cruiser.  Go figure.  She said she would send a request to fix the (screwed up - my words) Princess app.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Philippines call center lady just now verified my loyalty level and then offered me Internet at the 50% off price.  She said the app listed me as a first time Princess (white level) cruiser.  Go figure.  She said she would send a request to fix the (screwed up - my words) Princess app.

Let us know if they fix it.