minimum time to fll airport

Sorry if this question has been asked before but what is the earliest flight I should book if I don't want to walk off with my luggage? I'm arriving into FLL and flying to BOS.  There is a flight that leaves around 11:00. I know the airport is close to the terminal.  Can I realistically have the cruise line handle my luggage and still get to the airport for a morning flight?  

24 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Sorry if this question has been asked before but what is the earliest flight I should book if I don't want to walk off with my luggage? I'm arriving into FLL and flying to BOS.  There is a flight that leaves around 11:00. I know the airport is close to the terminal.  Can I realistically have the cruise line handle my luggage and still get to the airport for a morning flight?  

Realistically yes, but there are many variables that could change that scenario.

You don’t say what month, as weather could affect this, also if your cruise is right after a TA there are a lot of protocols that the ship has to go through, you may be late in disembarking. 95% of the time 11am is doable.

Having disembarked from the Celebrity Equinox this past Thursday, I was in group 4 which departed the ship at around 8:00 AM even though the announced departure time was 8:10 AM. I was able to get to the airport shortly after 9 AM, and easily made my 11:35 AM flight (although it was postponed to 11:52 AM). The FLL airport is very close to the close terminal. 

2 hours ago, watertraveler said:

are you using luggage valet?   

2 hours ago, If only said:

Realistically yes, but there are many variables that could change that scenario.

You don’t say what month, as weather could affect this, also if your cruise is right after a TA there are a lot of protocols that the ship has to go through, you may be late in disembarking. 95% of the time 11am is doable.

totally agree...Eden will be the holding spot for those who self carry.  Get there around & 7:00 am.  put your luggage in line.  Be ready to rock when you receive notice of clearance. & pray for no issues.  We did a 10:00 with no issues. Good luck..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Unless it was changed after the start up, I think the earliest flight to use Luggage Valet is 11:30am. I believe there was no leeway on that time.

You are correct.  11:30 is the earliest time for Luggage Valet.  Firm time.

Not a problem at all. Last time it took us 62 minutes from the ship to the airport gate. It would be less than 55 minutes with TSA pre check. You can safely book flights after 9:30.

This experience only applies to FLL.