Casual Dining

DaisyRose

Which restaurants are considered "Casual" dining?  Trying to decide if "Plus" is worthwhile for us.  We are especially interested in Casual Dining on the new Sun Princess.  Does anyone know if O'Malley's Irish Pub has food and if it would be considered casual dining?  Thanks so much in advance.

This is the list of Casual Dining venues and sample menus

Kai Sushi is a casual dining venue on Diamond Princess and it was thought it would be so on Sun Princess - BUT it's coming up as speciality on the app.  So it looks like it's just Alfredo's and O'Malleys until we know more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

I’m wondering if you could just go into O’Malleys and sit at bar or an table and have drinks and not eat.

Yes you can. Same for Vines (and same as Vines- tables or bar to enjoy drinks or dine if you want). Or Wheelhouse even when it's also set-up for Salty Dog Gastropub... 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

I’m wondering if you could just go into O’Malleys and sit at bar or an table and have drinks and not eat.

I believe you can sit at the bar at anytime and at the table during the day if it’s not yet open. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatorchinsky said:

I would say yes, but if you were sitting there playing cards with another couple they might not appreciate you taking up space.

19 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I would say yes, but if you were sitting there playing cards with another couple they might not appreciate you taking up space.

The way it works at The Salty Dog Gastropub on the Discovery, you can sit at one of the tables during the day but they move you out to get the tables ready for dining at 4:30 PM.  While you can use the bar even if not dining, the tables are only for diners after 5:00 PM.  
They also use this location for a pop up Crab Shack on some of the sea days, so, I imagine they will request you move around 11:00 AM to set up the room for lunch.  

PS .. I hear tell that the GastroPub on the Discovery will be turned into an O’Malleys in the future so, that’s why I am comparing it.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

During the evening, no. Same with Ocean Terrace. We're extremely happy with the Ocean Terrace change, as we couldn't find places to sit to have sushi, when people were sitting with drinks only, not ordering food.