Assistance please Indonesian visa for cruise

As I understand it, the queue mainly relates to the smaller ports, like Lombok and Komodo for example, that do not have much staff or infrastructure to process the visa on arrival requests, when a large cruise ship comes in with thousands of passengers.  If you already have the eVisa, preferably with a paper copy, you skip this queue. No personal experience, just what I've been told by others, who said it was worth the hassle of getting the eVisa in advance, especially if you wanted to go somewhere independently of the ship's shore tours.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 11:34 AM, Chiliburn said:

There are rumours they are going to drop the visa requirements for us .

https://thewest.com.au/travel/bali-visa-fees-to-go-c-15315764

I also heard that they're considering dropping the VISA requirement for a number of countries including Oz and NZ.  Back to the good old days.  I have no issue with paying the Tourist Tax, when we were there recently the improvements that have been made using this money were impressive.  

• 2 weeks later...

On the cruise I'm doing next September that stops at lombok, my paperwork from princess states that they organise the visa onboard. I really hope that is the case, as it sounds super complicated to do yourself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

There was a newspaper article that said the start of October,I can’t quite find it at the moment.

That would be great for the November Cruise from Singapore. Fingers crossed. Thank you.

Cheers John.

3 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

That would be great for the November Cruise from Singapore. Fingers crossed. Thank you.

Cheers John.

You got in before I edited, by October?

where are you staying John?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You got in before I edited, by October?

where are you staying John?

Thank you for the link. Hopefully it will happen, I did read an old article where people were adamant it was going to happen last January. Still not decided on a hotel at this stage, I was worried they may all get booked out but there are still many with vacancies. Taking my time to choose at the moment. I have to take cost into consideration as we need two rooms plus a pleasant place to stay. Even considering self contained apartment for three.

Cheers John

On 1/21/2024 at 5:25 AM, Bubbeh said:

I am also going to Bali in a few weeks time, and have successfully applied for Visa.  If your friends ship is docking at Benoa (most do) then all they need to put in is the post code 80362 and the form automatically fills in the rest of the address.  If they're going to Lombok or somewhere else then, a Google search for the relevant post code will help.  

Just a quick question, we are doing this cruise this year with Celebrity Solstice and have to fill in the EVOA for Bali Beno Port. You mention to use the postal code for Benoa Bali as 80362. Someone else suggested 80222 and someone else mentioned 80361. Did you go to Benoa Bali by cruise ship in 2024 and which postal code did you end up using? Did you have any issues? Thanks for sharing any updates with your experience.

On 7/15/2024 at 11:16 PM, cruiser3775 said:

I have finally managed to get my eVisa for Indonesia. Lots of problems, so here's a summary of what I did, which might help anyone else who is applying.

1. The Official website is https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/web/visa-selection

The visa to apply for for a cruise is the B1

2. Before you start, you need:

Two copies of your passport. One has to be a .jpg file and the other has to be a .pdf file.

An ID photo, must be recent, and conform to their specs, which are listed once you start the process

A ,pdf copy of your itinerary, showing when and where you arrive in Indonesian ports

3. Start doing the process. It froze a couple of times while I was doing it, but eventually recovered. All the requests are in good, easily understood English as well as Indonesian.

You can practise and close it, but there is no way to save what you have done and continue later, so you have to start again every time you try.

4. When you get to the port of entry part, choose "Others". Then put "(name of ship) cruise port (name of town)"  The next part has a space for postal code. If you input the right code, it auto fills in the rest. You only need the postcode for your first port.   I had to ask my travel agent for the codes. These are the ones I know of:

Tanjung Priok (Jakarta) 14310  Benoa (Bali) 80361 Lemban (Lombok) 83364

5. Upload the .pdf files for your passport and for your itinerary. It doesn't actually show what you have uploaded (unlike when you upload the passport .jpg at the start), but apparently they were successfully uploaded, so just carry on.

6. At the end of the information, it goes to a summary screen, which has check boxes for the main information you have provided. Check carefully for accuracy. Mine had my date of issue for my passport as today's date, which I had to correct. You get a transaction number if you have completed it all correctly, and you can then proceed to payment.

7. The next screen is for payment, which is currently Rp 519,500.(about $A48). I used a credit card with no foreign exchange fees. It sends a third factor confirmation code to your phone number, which you input. I got an almost instant confirmation, a receipt and a copy of the eVisa.

8. The eVisa they issue is not on A4 size paper. It doesn't fit, and the bar codes at the bottom are cut off. I had to fiddle for ages to get it to a size I could print on one page.

Hope this helps! Good Luck.

A quick question, I am trying to figure out which postal code to use for Beno Bali port for an upcoming cruise. You mentioned you used 80361 for Benoa Bali port and someone else mentioned 80222, and another person said to use 80362. Did you already travel and have any issues with the postal code you entered at Bali Benoa Port? Anyone you know use the other postal codes 80362 or 80222 and have any issues? 

If you look back to post #73, you will see the postcodes I used for my successful application, last month, plus other hints on filling in the form. My very experienced travel agent supplied the postcodes for me. I think more than one postcode will work for some ports. When you input the postcode, if it is correct, the other parts of the form fill out automatically. So don't worry, try one and if it doesn't work, try another one.

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

If you look back to post #73, you will see the postcodes I used for my successful application, last month, plus other hints on filling in the form. My very experienced travel agent supplied the postcodes for me. I think more than one postcode will work for some ports. When you input the postcode, if it is correct, the other parts of the form fill out automatically. So don't worry, try one and if it doesn't work, try another one.

I already filled in the EVOA and got the confirmation back but I am not sure if I used the correct postal code "(80362) for Port Benoa Celebrity Celebrity Solstice, the address that self populated was Kuta Selatan KAB. Budung Provinsi Bali. Someone else suggested to use 80222 with the address 11 Pedungan, Kuta, Selatan, Kota Denpasar, Bali. Do they accept mulitple postal codes for the Bali Benoa port? 

Kuta Selantan KAB means the district of South Kuta.  It's the district where Benoa cruise port is located, so it's an accurate description of where you will enter Indonesia.

You are overthinking this.

Just now, cruiser3775 said:

Kuta Selantan KAB means the district of South Kuta.  It's the district where Benoa cruise port is located, so it's an accurate description of where you will enter Indonesia.

You are overthinking this.

Terrific, then that is reassuring! 🙂  

On 7/16/2024 at 12:46 PM, cruiser3775 said:

I have finally managed to get my eVisa for Indonesia. Lots of problems, so here's a summary of what I did, which might help anyone else who is applying.

1. The Official website is https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/web/visa-selection

The visa to apply for for a cruise is the B1

2. Before you start, you need:

Two copies of your passport. One has to be a .jpg file and the other has to be a .pdf file.

An ID photo, must be recent, and conform to their specs, which are listed once you start the process

A ,pdf copy of your itinerary, showing when and where you arrive in Indonesian ports

3. Start doing the process. It froze a couple of times while I was doing it, but eventually recovered. All the requests are in good, easily understood English as well as Indonesian.

You can practise and close it, but there is no way to save what you have done and continue later, so you have to start again every time you try.

4. When you get to the port of entry part, choose "Others". Then put "(name of ship) cruise port (name of town)"  The next part has a space for postal code. If you input the right code, it auto fills in the rest. You only need the postcode for your first port.   I had to ask my travel agent for the codes. These are the ones I know of:

Tanjung Priok (Jakarta) 14310  Benoa (Bali) 80361 Lemban (Lombok) 83364

5. Upload the .pdf files for your passport and for your itinerary. It doesn't actually show what you have uploaded (unlike when you upload the passport .jpg at the start), but apparently they were successfully uploaded, so just carry on.

6. At the end of the information, it goes to a summary screen, which has check boxes for the main information you have provided. Check carefully for accuracy. Mine had my date of issue for my passport as today's date, which I had to correct. You get a transaction number if you have completed it all correctly, and you can then proceed to payment.

7. The next screen is for payment, which is currently Rp 519,500.(about $A48). I used a credit card with no foreign exchange fees. It sends a third factor confirmation code to your phone number, which you input. I got an almost instant confirmation, a receipt and a copy of the eVisa.

8. The eVisa they issue is not on A4 size paper. It doesn't fit, and the bar codes at the bottom are cut off. I had to fiddle for ages to get it to a size I could print on one page.

Hope this helps! Good Luck.

Dear Cruiser3775 -THANK YOU SO MUCH!

We are cruising from Perth to Singapore in 4 weeks and Princess sent out an email this afternoon regarding the visa for Bali. After stating that they would do it for us at a cost of USD$60 they have changed their mind. They will do it if you are from a country that does not have an agreement in place at a cost of AUD$75.

So with your instructions on my iPad I managed to complete 4 applications (2 couples going) on my laptop  and we have them all printed and filed ready to go. 
Thank you so much for the very clear instructions - it was so easy to do and made me feel confident that it would work. I appreciate that you have been willing to share this with everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wintrev said:

Dear Cruiser3775 -THANK YOU SO MUCH!

We are cruising from Perth to Singapore in 4 weeks and Princess sent out an email this afternoon regarding the visa for Bali. After stating that they would do it for us at a cost of USD$60 they have changed their mind. They will do it if you are from a country that does not have an agreement in place at a cost of AUD$75.

So with your instructions on my iPad I managed to complete 4 applications (2 couples going) on my laptop  and we have them all printed and filed ready to go. 
Thank you so much for the very clear instructions - it was so easy to do and made me feel confident that it would work. I appreciate that you have been willing to share this with everyone.

Yes Cruiser3775 was a great help to me too, still have to do ours but have more confidence now. Have you prepared to submit your Customs declaration four days before arrival in Indonesia ? Enjoy your cruise. 

Cheers John.

7 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Yes Cruiser3775 was a great help to me too, still have to do ours but have more confidence now. Have you prepared to submit your Customs declaration four days before arrival in Indonesia ? Enjoy your cruise. 

Cheers John.

John

This is news to me - Princess have not mentioned this so imagine they will get us to do it on board. We have 3 sea days after leaving Perth and our first port is Bali so perhaps they have an arrangement with customs. Maybe this is why they want everyone to do their own visa to save time. Hopefully Cruiser3775 will let us know what happens. Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, wintrev said:

John

This is news to me - Princess have not mentioned this so imagine they will get us to do it on board. We have 3 sea days after leaving Perth and our first port is Bali so perhaps they have an arrangement with customs. Maybe this is why they want everyone to do their own visa to save time. Hopefully Cruiser3775 will let us know what happens. Thanks for the information.

I thought I would mention it as I have been trying to get some word from R.C.I  if they supply forms on board but no one seems to know. I have now resorted to loading a couple of forms onto my phone in readiness to fill in three/four days as required before arrival. Here is the form if you want to download it from the official site.  https://ecd.beacukai.go.id/ 

Cheers John.

6 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

I thought I would mention it as I have been trying to get some word from R.C.I  if they supply forms on board but no one seems to know. I have now resorted to loading a couple of forms onto my phone in readiness to fill in three/four days as required before arrival. Here is the form if you want to download it from the official site.  https://ecd.beacukai.go.id/ 

Cheers John.

I was on RCCL last March and visited Bali.  Applied for the Indonesian Visa 2 weeks before the cruise.  On board the ship, there were no forms supplied.  We had to do arrival and departure for Bali and Lombok on our phones.  There was help from IT staff available as well as customer service and I needed that help and got through it.  I and other Aussies have said this before, if it helps, on a different thread.  Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I was on RCCL last March and visited Bali.  Applied for the Indonesian Visa 2 weeks before the cruise.  On board the ship, there were no forms supplied.  We had to do arrival and departure for Bali and Lombok on our phones.  There was help from IT staff available as well as customer service and I needed that help and got through it.  I and other Aussies have said this before, if it helps, on a different thread.  Good luck.

Thanks Rassa for the information, good to know. R.C.C.I need the Indonesia Visas before we can board in Singapore but have not mentioned the customs declaration, 

Cheers John.

Posted (edited)

John 

Thanks for the link - opened it and have filled it out and been given a QR code which I have also printed.

I have also saved the QR code to books on my iPad so I have it electronically. Was very easy to fill out - just needs the passport number for all people travelling and of course where you are staying and arriving. I port Port of Benoa, Bali and Coral Princess in all those questions.

It also needs date of arrival and it gave me a list of 4 dates with the 19th September being the one I needed.

Edited by wintrev
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, wintrev said:

John 

Thanks for the link - opened it and have filled it out and been given a QR code which I have also printed.

I have also saved the QR code to books on my iPad so I have it electronically. Was very easy to fill out - just needs the passport number for all people travelling and of course where you are staying and arriving. I port Port of Benoa, Bali and Coral Princess in all those questions.

It also needs date of arrival and it gave me a list of 4 dates with the 19th September being the one I needed.

Oops - got wrong date so yes it will have to be done on the ship. Read the date wrong when I saw the 19th🤦‍♀️. Hope they don’t look for us tomorrow😳