Celebrity Guarantee Suite vs Move Up

Angel RG

My husband and I want to upgrade our cabin on Celebrity Apex in April. A suite guarantee booking option was just made available which states you get the best class of room available and will be assigned a room at some point. We switched to that over bidding on Move Up because of the great price point thinking we'll take the risk of getting a better room.  Wondering if anyone knows who gets priority on nicer rooms (i.e., Edge Villa, Royal), Suite Guarantee or Move Up bids? Note: the Guarantee is a Suite Guarantee and not a Sky Suite Guarantee.  Room size lists up to 2,581 sq ft and up to 2 bathrooms.

Edited by Angel RG

I concur with mahasamatman. Do a dummy booking on your Apex April sailing and check suite availability. If there are still sky suites available, it is very likely what you'll be assigned. Move Ups will most likely have priority over your suite guarantee for higher suites. Nevertheless, you probably got a good deal. Enjoy your sailing!

Edited by tjunmin

I think the odds of anything other than a sky suite are very close to zero. I believe any cabin can bid on a higher suite also so most likely someone will pay for it. Celebrity is quite good at maximizing their revenue. 

Move up bids are NOT guaranteed. So, even if they have priority there was no guarantee you would have won.

If you want something better you could always bid for that.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:31 PM, Angel RG said:

My husband and I want to upgrade our cabin on Celebrity Apex in April. A suite guarantee booking option was just made available which states you get the best class of room available and will be assigned a room at some point. We switched to that over bidding on Move Up because of the great price point thinking we'll take the risk of getting a better room.  Wondering if anyone knows who gets priority on nicer rooms (i.e., Edge Villa, Royal), Suite Guarantee or Move Up bids? Note: the Guarantee is a Suite Guarantee and not a Sky Suite Guarantee.  Room size lists up to 2,581 sq ft and up to 2 bathrooms.

You changed your booking to a suite guarantee from your current booking. Did you have to cancel current booking and rebook?  Are you not in final payment?  We are sailing mid April and made final payment on different ship.  

99% chance you will receive a Sky Suite.   Plan on the worst cabin and be happy if you get better.   I have had accessible cabins assigned about 3-4 times and one that was right under the kitchen main entrance to the handwashing area.   It was like a subway passing every 5-10  minutes or so.

Generally what happens with the bidding is that as each cabin receive upgrades they open cabins in the lower classification and a freed up SS would then be assigned for the Guarantees.    The SS then would be opened for upgrades from Aqua etc etc.   The upgrade program is designed to maximize the profits for Celebrity.

In addition to the above scenario,   many travel agencies hold blocks of cabins for group bookings and at some point these cabins are returned to inventory and Guarantees are assigned out of this pool.

With the guarantee you will get the Suite Perks and extra points. If you don’t like the cabin assigned and there are others available in the same category, you can change. With Move up the ability to change cabins is hit or miss!

We recently upgraded from a sunset veranda to guarantee suite on Edge for our May cruise and have been assigned an S1,