Guaranteed Cabin Assignment - How did you find out?

elkempo

Hi Everyone,

I suspect that this has been asked previously but I cannot find an answer.

we booked our first Viking Ocean cruise, departing in a few weeks, in a DV4 guaranteed cabin.  How did you find out your cabin assignment?  On my Viking Journey, an email, or at the port?

thanks,

J

8 minutes ago, formernuke said:

We got an email about 10 days out. Definitely varies 

We did the guaranteed cabin thing for the first time on a cruise in November.  We found out roughly two weeks before disembarkation.  No issues whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, mwike said:

We did the guaranteed cabin thing for the first time on a cruise in November.  We found out roughly two weeks before disembarkation.  No issues whatsoever.

The question was how.

1 hour ago, elkempo said:

Thanks all for the feedback.

i expect I’ll find out at the port…but a call from Torstein would be nice!😜

We also received an email from Viking advising of our Cabin # 10 days prior to our sail date.  

The best part is you are guaranteed DV4 or higher category.

We booked our last cruise 2 weeks out and were a guarantee cabin.

We found out cabin assignment on MyVikingJourney before the email came from Viking.

Go to you MVJ account and into the booking in question, and go to "Booking Summary" and this is where we found our cabin assignment.  It was about 7 days after booking, and about 7 days before sailing, but we were also instructed when we booked that we may not get the assignment until we arrive at port.

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

found out cabin assignment on MyVikingJourney before the email came from Viking.

This. We found out about a month after booking, many months before sailing. I don’t recall getting an email, but we were using a travel agent and things tended to get lost. Checking My Viking Journey will tell you your room assignment. 

22 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

This. We found out about a month after booking, many months before sailing. I don’t recall getting an email, but we were using a travel agent and things tended to get lost. Checking My Viking Journey will tell you your room assignment. 

For a Guarantee Cabin booking?  I did not think that Viking offered that until just weeks before sailing?  I have never seen the option of a Guarantee Cabin in advance bookings.... am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

I have 2 cruises booked. On one I have an assigned cabin. On the other GTY. I cannot find my cabin # on MVJ even on my one that was assigned on booking.

57 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

I have 2 cruises booked. On one I have an assigned cabin. On the other GTY. I cannot find my cabin # on MVJ even on my one that was assigned on booking.

On my iPad, in the upper left corner in MVJ when in a booking there is a menu indicated by three horizontal bars. Click on that for a drop-down menu—toward the bottom is “booking summary”—room # is in that.

• Thanks 1

We have a guaranteed cabin on our upcoming TA in early April.

We always take the lowest category, lowest price room ( we are cheap..ok? )  🤣

So does anyone get "upgraded"?  If so, are they free?  On other lines you have to "bid" for room upgrades...but I haven't seen anything like that on Viking.

1 hour ago, farmecologist said:

We have a guaranteed cabin on our upcoming TA in early April.

We always take the lowest category, lowest price room ( we are cheap..ok? )  🤣

So does anyone get "upgraded"?  If so, are they free?  On other lines you have to "bid" for room upgrades...but I haven't seen anything like that on Viking.

We were upgraded on our GTY cabin from a V2 to a DV6 ... no charge.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Dreamer said:

When we book a new cruise while on board we are able to choose our cabin then and there. 

Guaranteed cabins typically happen when shopping the deals, etc...at least in our experience.  And we did get a heck of a deal on our upcoming TA.

8 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

For a Guarantee Cabin booking?  I did not think that Viking offered that until just weeks before sailing?  I have never seen the option of a Guarantee Cabin in advance bookings.... am I missing something?

The cruise we wanted was all but sold out, even though it was about 10 months away. I think the website said there was one cabin left in the category we wanted when we booked. So we had to get a GTY cabin. 

Edited by Twitchly

21 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

On my iPad, in the upper left corner in MVJ when in a booking there is a menu indicated by three horizontal bars. Click on that for a drop-down menu—toward the bottom is “booking summary”—room # is in that.

Thanks Linda - I’ve booked 4 cruises with Viking over the last 3 years & often wondered why my room number etc. wasn’t on MVJ, could never see it - now I’ve found it - mystery solved😀

• Like 2

Philw1776 - If you can not see the full listing under the drop-down menu you might need to adjust your screen view size or zoom.  For a PC monitor a setting over 110% or so will not allow you to see the full listing.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip Hunky.  I tried your suggestion and checked my booking summary.  We have a guaranteed room on the transatlantic cruise leaving on March 27.  It shows "stateroom assignment pending".

• Like 1