HIA Dining Credit

We each have 3 HIA dining credits but I'm not sure how this works. We'll be on the Koningsdam next month. Several resraurant choices, but there is quite a price difference between them. Is the HIA credit amount based on a certain $$ amount per credit? Or can one just choose the most expensive restaurant 3 times?

Thanks!

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Typo

Your confirmation email will show which restaurants you have included in your HIA amenities.  You can only book each one once under the HIA plan.  Price isn't the factor to redeem HIA.  Go into the HAL website and then to "Manage my Cruise" then click "Itinerary" in the upper left corner.  It will show how many credits for dining and shore ex you have.  Click on "Complementary Dining" and if the dining is available already for your cruise (usually about 4 or 5 months out)  there you can book your date and times.  It will put the booking in your cart as $0.00 cost.  Be sure to complete in your cart!  You will get an email confirmation right away.

image.png.fb33442c21e07298c9598e15f41a0b4b.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Your confirmation email will show which restaurants you have included in your HIA amenities.  You can only book each one once under the HIA plan.  Price isn't the factor to redeem HIA.  Go into the HAL website and then to "Manage my Cruise" then click "Itinerary" in the upper left corner.  It will show how many credits for dining and shore ex you have.  Click on "Complementary Dining" and if the dining is available already for your cruise (usually about 4 or 5 months out)  there you can book your date and times.  It will put the booking in your cart as $0.00 cost.  Be sure to complete in your cart!  You will get an email confirmation right away.

image.png.fb33442c21e07298c9598e15f41a0b4b.png

Thank you. This is very helpful.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Adding on to @oakridger great screenshots, if you need to make adjustments to dining such as changing a date on the reservation, after you cancel, you'll see the credit immediately restored so you can use it again to rebook the new dinner.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Adding on to @oakridger great screenshots, if you need to make adjustments to dining such as changing a date on the reservation, after you cancel, you'll see the credit immediately restored so you can use it again to rebook the new dinner.

Nice to know.

I'm planning on booking our choices tomorrow. 

• Like 1

@Bailey & Sophie Your HIA credit is for a $46 dinner in the Pinnacle.  Lunch is only $19 there. I don’t know if they will allow you to use your credit for lunch but I know that they will not refund the money for any unused portion of the HIA package.  I’d stick with the dinner; you can always book lunch on a sea day if you like your dinner.  The lunch is a good value.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 0106 said:

@Bailey & Sophie Your HIA credit is for a $46 dinner in the Pinnacle.  Lunch is only $19 there. I don’t know if they will allow you to use your credit for lunch but I know that they will not refund the money for any unused portion of the HIA package.  I’d stick with the dinner; you can always book lunch on a sea day if you like your dinner.  The lunch is a good value.

And the burger is fantastic.

• Like 2

@Bailey & Sophie once onboard, you can go to the dining kiosk that is usually on deck 2 by the Ocean Bar to make Pinnacle Grill lunch reservations. They are very good about rescheduling should you need/want to once you've had a good opportunity to review the daily schedule. As others have said, the burger is excellent, as are the deserts, both available online in PG at lunch. There is also a dinner worthy tenderloin on the lunch menu. 🙂

Enjoy your cruise and PG dinner - don't forget the candied bacon (offered only at dinner)!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo