Sail Away - Fort Lauderdale - Symphony of the Seas

What would be the best vantage point, with children, for a sail away at 4:30 from Fort Lauderdale?  If it is the main pool area, what time should we arrive to grab a good viewing spot.   It is looking like a full capacity voyage.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Edward51 said:

What would be the best vantage point, with children, for a sail away at 4:30 from Fort Lauderdale?  If it is the main pool area, what time should we arrive to grab a good viewing spot.   It is looking like a full capacity voyage.  Thanks.

The rail on the top deck can fill up fast, but it's a great spot. I'd get there early to have a place for the children to see. If you are sailing this coming weekend it looks like great weather for the sail away. 

3 minutes ago, NoShoes2 said:

The rail on the top deck can fill up fast, but it's a great spot. I'd get there early to have a place for the children to see. If you are sailing this coming weekend it looks like great weather for the sail away. 

3 minutes ago, NoShoes2 said:

Thanks to all.  Any preference for port or starboard from Lauderdale?

22 minutes ago, Edward51 said:

Thanks to all.  Any preference for port or starboard from Lauderdale?

Port side, due to all the houses on that side of the ship.

In agreement with everyone above on the port side. Remember Left and Port have the same number of letters, that makes port and starboard easier to remember.

For a bit of fun search on Zillow (or eq.) Fort Lauderdale real estate. Focus along the ship channel and Harbor Beach. Those condos at the entrance and homes along the water are in the stratosphere for prices...

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 12.06.35 PM.png

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

In agreement with everyone above on the port side. Remember Left and Port have the same number of letters, that makes port and starboard easier to remember.

For a bit of fun search on Zillow (or eq.) Fort Lauderdale real estate. Focus along the ship channel and Harbor Beach. Those condos at the entrance and homes along the water are in the stratosphere for prices...

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 12.06.35 PM.png

I was in the Navy and that is a great way to remember which is the port side.  Here is a bit more nautical fun.  Before "port," the left side of a ship was known as "larboard" (meaning "the loading side"), but repeated mix-ups with its right-hand counterpart led to the elimination of the word in favor of "port."

I also just read a Symphony of the Seas tip for viewing areas.  One is to walk down to the stage area of the aqua show.  Behind it is a good aft view.  Also the aft end of the running track has chairs.

Those would be a good “plan B” as I would think that the pool area, with music, would be more fun.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to pass on tips.

5 minutes ago, Edward51 said:

I was in the Navy and that is a great way to remember which is the port side.  Here is a bit more nautical fun.  Before "port," the left side of a ship was known as "larboard" (meaning "the loading side"), but repeated mix-ups with its right-hand counterpart led to the elimination of the word in favor of "port."

I also just read a Symphony of the Seas tip for viewing areas.  One is to walk down to the stage area of the aqua show.  Behind it is a good aft view.  Also the aft end of the running track has chairs.

Those would be a good “plan B” as I would think that the pool area, with music, would be more fun.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to pass on tips.

I remember Port being Left Side as each had 4 letters.