parking out of cape liberty , new jersey

15 minutes ago, hockeymom89 said:

Can someone tell me where to park instead of the port itself .  I show it is $40 a day .

Is there something close by that is cheaper? Can you give me link or phone # please

Thanks

$30. http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

No, we only park in port.

Edited by Tatka

3 hours ago, hockeymom89 said:

Can someone tell me where to park instead of the port itself .  I show it is $40 a day .

Is there something close by that is cheaper? Can you give me link or phone # please

Thanks

It is $30 a night.  When is your cruise?  When only one ship is using Cape Liberty, everyone gets to park in the garage.  When multiple ships are, (May to October-ish) only handicapped plates/placards and consecutive cruisers are permitted in the garage.  There are surface lots for others.

Your only other choice is to stay at a hotel that offers parking, and shuttle to and from the port.

It's not walkable from anywhere so you will need transportation from wherever you leave your car and back. It can be worth the convenience of walking out and just getting in your car and going vs waiting for a ride and dealing with your luggage and all.

• Like 2

$30 a night, we ended up in the outside lot directly in front of the terminal. SO easy, got off the ship, a porter wheeled our bags right to our car out front, jumped in and pulled out.  Any other way would require getting a hotel and leaving the car there and taking a shuttle (the hotel alone is costing you more than the parking) or taking a series of trains and ubers to and from the Newark airport, Trust me, just park in the lot for safety AND convenience reasons. 

I used to work in Bayonne.  Not only can't you park on most streets without a resident permit, but you really wouldn't want to do that.  Nor would you want to trust your car in a parking lot for a week with no security.  I'm no fan of expensive parking but given the facts $30 per day including taxes in a secure location is a steal and I'll be parking there for our March cruise.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2024 at 6:40 PM, Tatka said:

Regarding directions, the above link states:

"From Exit 14A:

Follow the signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles and make a left into the Bayonne Ocean Terminal. The cruise terminal is two miles straight ahead."

Do we still make the left turn onto Goldsborough Drive?  We're not sure what "the Bayonne Ocean Terminal" is.

1 minute ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

"From Exit 14A:

Follow the signs for Route 440 South. Proceed 1 1/2 miles and make a left into the Bayonne Ocean Terminal. The cruise terminal is two miles straight ahead."

Do we still make the left turn onto Goldsborough Drive?  We're not sure what "the Bayonne Ocean Terminal" is.

We use Cape Liberty Cruise Port in google maps.

There is only one port which has only 1 terminal. Parking garage is adjacent to the port building.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

"From Exit 14A:

Yes, you turn on Gouldborough and it takes you directly to the port...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

"From Exit 14A:

After paying the toll at exit 14A, there are 3 route options to Cape Liberty. Avenue E is 1, 440 is another. The easiest option is via Chosin Few Way.

Stay left after the toll plaza, go up the ramp-following signs for CFW & 440.Exit right onto CFW (ignore the small sign for the terminal pointing to 440). CFW to the end. Left onto Goldsborough. 2 miles to the terminal. There are no traffic lights on CFW as on 440 or Avenue E.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, meadowlander said:

After paying the toll at exit 14A, there are 3 route options to Cape Liberty. Avenue E is 1, 440 is another. The easiest option is via Chosin Few Way.

Stay left after the toll plaza, go up the ramp-following signs for CFW & 440.Exit right onto CFW (ignore the small sign for the terminal pointing to 440). CFW to the end. Left onto Goldsborough. 2 miles to the terminal. There are no traffic lights on CFW as on 440 or Avenue E.

I think this is how we went.... past some apartment buildings and through a little neighborhood right to Gouldsborough... then just a straight ride (in a little traffic) to the port

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Thank you for the directions!  I was able to step through this on google street view.

When the cruise is over, would you recommend taking CFW (as opposed to 440N) to get back to 14A?

6 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

When the cruise is over, would you recommend taking CFW (as opposed to 440N) to get back to 14A?

Either option will get you to the toll plaza. There will be no sign indicating CFW leads to the turnpike & it may be easy to pass the right turn onto CFW if cars ahead of you are not turning there. If you pass Costco, you have missed the turn for CFW & then just continue straight to the traffic light and turn right onto 440.

If you need a ticket at the toll plaza be aware there is/was 1 lane there  that has the dispenser not at car height but much higher for truck drivers.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Either option will get you to the toll plaza. There will be no sign indicating CFW leads to the turnpike & it may be easy to pass the right turn onto CFW if cars ahead of you are not turning there. If you pass Costco, you have missed the turn for CFW & then just continue straight to the traffic light and turn right onto 440.

If you need a ticket at the toll plaza be aware there is/was 1 lane there  that has the dispenser not at car height but much higher for truck drivers.

Thank you!  I'll try to remember to use Costco as an initial GPS destination or a waypoint.

Our PA E-ZPass is old and infrequently used.  If it doesn't work I assume we, or PA, will be notified (or will the NJ Turnpike Authority send a Reaper drone after us?)  😉