Luggage Tags …Need help!

tiggy13

Need help! Trying to print out luggage tags and none of my information is printing on it…just blank tags with the princess logo and box where the text should be. Any advice would be appreciated.

printing from the princess website as nothing happens when you try on the medallion app.

Last resort, you can write the information on the luggage tag or have a luggage tag attached at the pier. I just went to my next month's cruise and selected Luggage Tag/Travel Summary. The tags came up correctly. I did this on the PC web version. I don't have any ability to print from my phone.

Edited by skynight

We could use more info in order to give you a better answer. What type of computer/device? Browser? Is this via the cruise personalizer? Have you tried a different browser and/or device?

We'll be glad to help if we can...

It sounds like a printer issue?  Or, browser?

If you’re at a hotel night before, you may be able to print there?  Or, baggage handlers at the port.

Run a test on your printer.

• Like 1

Doesn’t the luggage tags show up on your computer screen before you click print and if not, then try again later. And if so, sounds like a printer issue. If you do see your luggage tags on your computer screen, saved that file to pdf and try there. Desk top saved as documents. IPad saved in photos.  Secondly, if your using a desk top computer, do you have PDF folder?
Either way, the luggage handlers always have extra tags at Port. 

From another member:-

Luggage tags are a PDF document.

You might have more luck saving them to your PC first then opening them with Acrobat reader (or whatever PDF viewer you use) and printing from there.

You print the full page then fold it to suit.

Edited by DHP1

Thank you all for the replies. I have tried 3 different browsers,saved to files,tried acrobat reader and emailed them to myself…still coming out blank. I got on live chat with princess and the guy told me just to do hand written ones. He said he would report it to tech team 🙂
I have tried for 3 days, I’m using ipad. My printer is working fine, printed off visas, travel summary and booking confirmation no problem. So hand written ones it is 😄

@DHP1…I haven’t tried saving to photos. Will give that a go. Thanks

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@tiggy13...just to clarify...the info shows properly on the screen in preview but just does not actually print?

Yes all the info is there but only princess +logo and the actual tag boxes with the “staple here” at both ends print. 

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Can you save them as a PDF, then print?

I have them saved as pdf with all the info but no text prints out just blank tag with princess logo

2 minutes ago, tiggy13 said:

Yes all the info is there but only princess +logo and the actual tag boxes with the “staple here” at both ends print. 

Interesting!  (And very strange!)  One *possible* workaround if you never get it to work "properly" is to just use a screen capture app to grab everything.  Then just print it as a normal graphic file.  They really don't care *how* it's printed out at all...as long as the info shows.  

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Are you saying that the PDFs print properly or they are incorrect as well?

No they print blank tags even though all the info appears on the screen

OK...here's where my 30 years in IT shows itself...

Have you rebooted your device?

Have you powered off/on the printer?

What type of printer is it (brand/model)?

What operating system/version are you using and what browser?

Will your system print any *other* PDF file properly?  (Anything that you may have on hand or can download.)

Have you tried a different browser?

My suggestion above about a screen capture program may very well get you past this particular snag...but there's still something very wrong.

5 hours ago, tiggy13 said:

Thank you all for the replies. I have tried 3 different browsers,saved to files,tried acrobat reader and emailed them to myself…still coming out blank. I got on live chat with princess and the guy told me just to do hand written ones. He said he would report it to tech team 🙂
I have tried for 3 days, I’m using ipad. My printer is working fine, printed off visas, travel summary and booking confirmation no problem. So hand written ones it is 😄

@DHP1…I haven’t tried saving to photos. Will give that a go. Thanks

If your using a IPad you can saved the luggage tags in “books” and try and print from there 

Do you see the information on the screen but not when you print or is only the printed version blank?

if it’s correct on the screen, have you tried saving as. .pdf then printing that? As an alternative, maybe you could just grab it as a screenshot or fill in the blank tag yourself.

They’ll have tags at the port if all else fails 

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Are you saying that the PDFs print properly or they are incorrect as well?

No they print blank tags even though all the info appears on the screen

Ok after trying everything I gave up last night. Wasting too much time,paper and ink!

This morning decided to try what @Rick&Jeannie suggested …printing another pdf from my files and horror it didn’t print the text part only the coloured borders and boxes. 🙈🙈

After kicking the printer for a while I unplugged it, switched on again and got an error that there was a fault with the printhead. We replaced this a couple of months ago so I stripped it down and put it all together again. Restarted, checked all the ink cartridges and tried again.

Hey presto we have full printed luggage tags!!😄

Thank you all for your help. I am so sorry for wasting your time. And to anyone who said it was probably a printer problem I humbly apologise and will assume this is the problem in future! 🙏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tiggy13 said:

Ok after trying everything I gave up last night. Wasting too much time,paper and ink!

This morning decided to try what @Rick&Jeannie suggested …printing another pdf from my files and horror it didn’t print the text part only the coloured borders and boxes. 🙈🙈

After kicking the printer for a while I unplugged it, switched on again and got an error that there was a fault with the printhead. We replaced this a couple of months ago so I stripped it down and put it all together again. Restarted, checked all the ink cartridges and tried again.

Thank you all for your help. I am so sorry for wasting your time. And to anyone who said it was probably a printer problem I humbly apologise and will assume this is the problem in future! 🙏

EXCELLENT! I had a strong feeling that this was not the tag print process but something related to either your computer or printer. Glad you got it sorted out!

2 hours ago, tiggy13 said:

We’re here to help each other. Glad it work out ok. 

• Like 1