All you commoners have lied to me!!!

On 1/27/2024 at 11:22 AM, Another_Critic said:

28 RCCL, 2 Carnival, 9 Celebrity, 1 Regal, 2 Premier, 2 NCL, 1 Holland America, 1 Princess, 1 Azamara

Don't do MSC Yacht Club....good chance you'll be ruined. Blew away anything we've ever done, including CL's on Royal. Our anticipation for Pinnacle in the near future just had the brakes applied in a big way after our YC experience last week. 

• Like 3

On 2/4/2024 at 1:51 PM, bucfan2 said:

Don't do MSC Yacht Club....good chance you'll be ruined. Blew away anything we've ever done, including CL's on Royal. Our anticipation for Pinnacle in the near future just had the brakes applied in a big way after our YC experience last week. 

You are right about taking longer to make P. We started MSC YC about 2018 when we were about 200 pts into C&A. Have done about 10 more cruises with MSC YC in past 5 years.  I love the YC space and pool on every class of ship (fav is Seaside class) EXCEPT the Europa we sailed last year. The ship is amazing (reminds us of Oasis class) but the YC pool area was small and the outdoor grill/bar was not on the pool deck. We booked a few YC cruises for Europe and the TA on MSC for 2024 but went with Royal instead for Europe and TA to hit P instead. Will sail MSC in early 2025 on Seaside and then see what to book after that. YC used to be a great price and now it has crept up in pricing...just like Royals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 5:51 PM, bucfan2 said:

You didn’t mention cost factors, yacht club is thousands cheaper than celebrity suites  and is the only suite type that I know of with live music most of the night , plus butler , premium drink package and WiFi included.

• Like 1

I felt this way about my Aft JS - I've had to learn to lower my standards a LOT! Actually stayed in a PR cabin on my last sailing. I still remember my daughter opening what she thought was the bathroom door - it was the walk in closet. We joked that it could be her own bedroom.

• Like 1

This first happened when I flew first class.  I can't go back to a regular airline seat, not business or premium... solid first class.  I have yet to catch the suite bug.  We are booking 15 nighters plus exploring the other side of the globe.  To book a suite, would decrease my at sea days (plus now I have that dang flight issue, cha chingy). 

Cheers to all the suite folks, may you be super spoiled every day on the ship!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, George C said:

You didn’t mention cost factors, yacht club is thousands cheaper than celebrity suites  and is the only suite type that I know of with live music most of the night , plus butler , premium drink package and WiFi included.

Great! So X prices will come down when clients switch to MSC? 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Great! So X prices will come down when clients switch to MSC? 🙂

As long as X customers continue to pay 4 to 5k for a sky suite I doubt that they will come down . I think many cruisers will pick MSc yacht club over celebrity suites many will stay with X.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

As long as X customers continue to pay 4 to 5k for a sky suite I doubt that they will come down . I think many cruisers will pick MSc yacht club over celebrity suites many will stay with X.

Sky suites on X are getting their butlers back soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 10:48 AM, nimbex1970 said:

This first happened when I flew first class.  I can't go back to a regular airline seat, not business or premium... solid first class.  I have yet to catch the suite bug.  We are booking 15 nighters plus exploring the other side of the globe.  To book a suite, would decrease my at sea days (plus now I have that dang flight issue, cha chingy). 

Cheers to all the suite folks, may you be super spoiled every day on the ship!

I've been trying to find you as I lost your email address. It is time to make final payment. So, please email me, or let me know if you are no longer interested in the Agadir tour.

jwm(dot)grayson(at)gmail(dot)com

John