ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

11 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Oh my gosh, I feel for your husband I can't even deal with one ankle and a tib fib fracture. How is he dealing with both legs?

He has a boot for his achilles on one leg, not to mention a walker. The other leg has a ripped tendon, along with other damage.  The achille’s leg also has a knee injury.  Amazingly enough, his upper body strength is great, so he uses that and his boot to drag himself around the house.  Things were bad, but no injury was quite bad enough for surgery...thank goodness.  

Edited by Lastdance

31 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

He has a boot for his achilles on one leg, not to mention a walker. The other leg has a ripped tendon, along with other damage.  The achille’s leg also has a knee injury.  Amazingly enough, his upper body strength is great, so he uses that and his boot to drag himself around the house.  Things were bad, but no injury was quite bad enough for surgery...thank goodness.  

Wow.. quite a bad accident!

Hope recovery goes well. Same for Calicakes! 🏝

• Thanks 1

Our berth.. The MSC ship is not listing..just poor camera work..but it is one ugly vessel  (my opinion)..

Rock wall and flags along the walkway from pier to main port area

20240201_080121.jpg

20240201_080116.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

We are on the " ferry"...smooth seas, beautiful views and passing the " slumbering" volcano..est.3232 ft.. on the way to Charlestown, Nevis

20240201_084232.jpg

20240201_085226.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Arrival at the pier..

WELCOME TO NEVIS!  

short bathroom stop..very clean!

Our happy bus! And we meet KENO, our wonderdful guide!  We are off and running  on a great tour!

20240131_143516.jpg

20240201_111427.jpg

20240201_090435.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, hcat said:

Coming into St Kitts

IMG_20240217_153009.jpg

20240201_065927.jpg

20240201_065217.jpg

20240201_065901.jpg

By they way...for those taking the tour soon,   in first post  you can see the walkway from the ship..right turn..port all the way right and then  back again to the other  vessel

18 hours ago, hcat said:

St Kitts / Nevis. We have been to St Kitts many times and decided to do something different. That was a very good idea as it was one of the best days of this cruise..Highly rec. this trip!

We pre booked with Celebrity:

" A DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH...".

hcat - Can you breakdown the time spent on The Day Trip to Nevis.  How long was ferry ride, how much time at beach, how much time touring the island, and then how much time for lunch, and what was lunch.  I was looking at doing this for an upcoming cruise and would appreciate it.

Edited by ecslady

43 minutes ago, ecslady said:

hcat - Can you breakdown the time spent on The Day Trip to Nevis.  How long was ferry ride, how much time at beach, how much time touring the island, and then how much time for lunch, and what was lunch.  I was looking at doing this for an upcoming cruise and would appreciate it.

Will do my best.. as I continue with the review...Husb will help with estimates as no watches on the excursion.

.After the wasted time with the ferry fiasco.. ride was abt 20 minutes...give or take..Then a bus  tour segment... short waste of time at a " healing " spring... more tour.. short stops at Hamilton Museum ..( no entry)  and another museum . .A famous  Church stop..longer stop at FOUR SEASONS resort...Long lunch at a really nice place outdoor  but covered with fans and breeze and beach stop combined..2 hrs ?   Lunch ( 2  nice choices , good table  servicec + drinks)  husb  had an after meal  cigar off to the side, usually an hr while I  visited beach for pics and shopped!

My recollections follow my photos so if you have time to follow they may be more accurate!   Highly rec this tour.!

20240201_115813.jpg

Edited by hcat

On tour...We passed the  War Memorial (1st pic is stock last is mine). Passed Courthouse ( would love to have visited), fruit vendor and place where slaves  were traded and disbursed near and far (Sad Reality!)  

20240201_092834.thumb.jpg.bb61026c2d729f2c15c705dc7cd689f2.jpg

20240201_093127.jpg

20240201_092418.jpg

20240201_092947.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

continued on to the Park with "healing Springs"  We stayed on the a/c  bus watching  locals enjoy the park. Missed a great pic of small  goats at play!

Most  on our bus got off, some dipped their toes in the water but I do not think anyone  went "all in'..  There was a walkway down to the water .. we were tokd it was not too steep..

20240201_093802.jpg

Very nice longer stop at the Hamilton Museum.. we did not go.in   

Our guide  Keno was  so well versed and excited  about Alexander Hamilton. a person of great renown on Nevis.  Keno was pleased many of us on the bus knew quite alot about the Federalist Papers, AH's  roles in  US Constitution ,  the US  federal banking system ..Secy of Treasury, US Mint,  general for G. Washington,  US Coast Guard founder,  abolitionist ,  and many other firsts for democracy.

I digress here:

While the  Broadway musical has  brought new awareness to many  I have been a Hamilton fan for many yrs..A high school teacher wrote a graduate  paper on Aaron Burr & the duel..shared excerpts with our class. I recently took a seminar that followed a book which compares the musical  to Hamilton in real life from persoective if law  music and the arts....and  a former boss once vacationed  at the Four Seasons Resort, Nevis.    My husb is a history Geek so he  quite an interest too .  THUS, we had to  book this excursion..glad we did!

I was in Hamilton heaven! Maybe I will see the show one day!

some pics are mine..some stock..

Nevis-History-Museum-Nevis-Photo-Heatheronhertravels.com_-1-960x720.jpg.webp

Alexander-Hamilton-Museum-Nevis-Photo-Heatheronhertravels.com_-864x1080.jpg.webp

Alexander-Hamilton-Exhibition-Nevis-Photo-Heatheronhertravels.com_-864x1080.jpg.webp

20240201_091226.jpg

20240201_091548.jpg

20240201_091711.jpg

20240201_091454.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Will do my best.. as I continue with the review...Husb will help with estimates as no watches on the excursion.

.After the wasted time with the ferry fiasco.. ride was abt 20 minutes...give or take..Then a bus  tour segment... short waste of time at a " healing " spring... more tour.. short stops at Hamilton Museum ..( no entry)  and another museum . .A famous  Church stop..longer stop at FOUR SEASONS resort...Long lunch at a really nice place outdoor  but covered with fans and breeze and beach stop combined..2 hrs ?   Lunch ( 2  nice choices , good table  servicec + drinks)  husb  had an after meal  cigar off to the side, usually an hr while I  visited beach for pics and shopped!

My recollections follow my photos so if you have time to follow they may be more accurate!   Highly rec this tour.!

20240201_115813.jpg

Was Four Seasons where you had lunch?  If not, why did you stop at a hotel??   Thanks again, looking forward to doing this excursion in a couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

Was Four Seasons where you had lunch?  If not, why did you stop at a hotel??   Thanks again, looking forward to doing this excursion in a couple weeks. 

No..lunch was at the open air covered restaurant  near the beach..I  posted photo of..Lime.  The lunch and beach were our last stop so I am getting there eventually..Hard to cull through pics and jump ahead, sorry.  I note that other guides used diff lunch places so no idea what might be in store!  Hopefully the same.

Four Seasons was a special treat..We diverted to this  very exclusive premier property for a " look see.."   before our lunch and beach stop. Our guide used to work there! Lunch there  def not part of our excursion..but others who booked a Day Pass after going over on the ferry probably had some type of lunch there. (.Four seasons pics   are on my phone..which is charging now)

• Like 1

Name of the restaurant we went to was LIME.. there were several.others nearby going towards the beach..ours was the first one off the road...thus further a bit further from the beach..easy walk,  but they had free golf cart type shuttles

20240201_115716.jpg

Continuing on, we passed bldgs, 20240201_100213.thumb.jpg.3e639b27825321dff770d888e20ee97c.jpg homes( pvt and public..), cemeteries schools, the hospital and an assisted living facility.. everything was very clean

20240201_095606.jpg

20240201_095615.jpg

20240201_100634.jpg

20240201_100029.jpg

20240201_100727.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

I posted this question in my roll call for the upcoming Ascent TA (April) but thought I'd try here too in case somebody has recent experience/information they can share:

I'm hoping somebody can help me so that I don't have to phone Celebrity and ask. 

I have (purchased using OBC in May, 2023) a Specialty Restaurant Trio package.  For the life of me, I can't recall the details of what that package includes and how to go about using it.  I can't find it anymore, maybe it has been quietly discontinued. 

Does anybody know about this package and have any suggestions on how I ought to go about putting it to use?

4 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I posted this question in my roll call for the upcoming Ascent TA (April) but thought I'd try here too in case somebody has recent experience/information they can share:

I'm hoping somebody can help me so that I don't have to phone Celebrity and ask. 

I have (purchased using OBC in May, 2023) a Specialty Restaurant Trio package.  For the life of me, I can't recall the details of what that package includes and how to go about using it.  I can't find it anymore, maybe it has been quietly discontinued. 

Does anybody know about this package and have any suggestions on how I ought to go about putting it to use?

I think if you post on the general Cruise Critic Board under Dining Package,  u will get a quick answer. We did not have a package and pre- booked our dining ahead of time with the discounted rate..grats included.

• Like 1

We arrived at the famous Four Seasons Resort..hotel,  bungalows, tennis  and golf etc.

We had a nice look around, &  got postcards at the front desk.. It exuded a vibe of understated but upscale elegance.  Very posh! 

Great for a honeymoon or a Celebrity getway..but a bit quiet for us

20240201_102012.jpg

20240201_102118.jpg

20240201_102810.jpg

20240201_102233.jpg

Edited by hcat

forgot to note that the site of the Hamilton Museum was his place of birth and where he was raised til age 7..eventually making his way to New York.

Our tour also passed the historic , circa 1778, Bath Hotel..Lord Nelson and Royalty..some good stories.

Then we  headed to the  St Thomas Anglican Church...built in 1643.  I stayed on the bus...I was ready for lunch!   (But we had  one more stop after the Church)

Our guide KENO was an extra in a Christmas movie filmed at the Church.!

20240201_104139.jpg

20240201_105144.jpg

20240201_105219.jpg

20240201_105201.jpg

20240201_095802.jpg

Edited by hcat