ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

On 2/19/2024 at 10:03 AM, calicakes said:

@Jim_Iain I did send you an email.  

Thanks for the info about the reef.  I have to wait until I see my dr. on Friday before I submit all the paperwork for the travel insurance.  I haven't even thought about rescheduling this cruise.  I still can't believe X gets to keep my 9500.00 : (

Can you resend the e-mail.    I don't find it in my mail or spam.

Unfortunately they get to keep the 9500 but if you used your Credit Card they may have coverage.   I know my Sapphire Reserve covers cancellation for covered reasons.   I leg break would qualify.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:04 AM, hcat said:

Hey.. shout out to Calicakes and Jim... my "live from guru! "  I remembered how to sep the series pics from you..looks better! What's next for you ?  Cali..why does X get to keep $9500?

Next up for us is Solstice in April -  Sydney to HNL to Vancouver.   

Love the pictures... especially the ones of you.    It is always nice to put a face with a Moniker.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Can you resend the e-mail.    I don't find it in my mail or spam.

Unfortunately they get to keep the 9500 but if you used your Credit Card they may have coverage.   I know my Sapphire Reserve covers cancellation for covered reasons.   I leg break would qualify.

I resent it.  I emailed you from the hospital when I was doped up on pain meds.  I hope it makes sense. We do have Chase Sapphire preferred. I found out after I sent the email about that insurance. 

19 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

It was through Celebrity and we paid $118.99 per person a month before the cruise. It was slim pickings when I booked and this was the only tour available at the time that went to Nevis. I would highly recommend it! Although it didn’t include lunch we stopped at the same spot as @hcat and were able to purchase drinks and appetizers. When we arrived at the volcanic hot springs and I thought this is going to be lame. I almost didn’t get off the bus but I’m glad I did as it felt really good. We had taken another cruise the week before this one and of all the excursions we did over the 2 weeks the Two Island Triple Play was our favorite. 

Thank you so much for that description. Sounds perfect for me.  With some dietary restrictions, I try to do excursions without lunch when possible.

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

Thank you so much for that description. Sounds perfect for me.  With some dietary restrictions, I try to do excursions without lunch when possible.

There were 3 appetizer options. Coconut shrimp, chicken wings and battered fish. I had the coconut shrimp with sauce and I liked them. My husband had the battered fish and said it was….meh. I don’t eat fish (except for shrimp) so I didn’t try his fish.

4 hours ago, ecslady said:

When is your cruise? 

Are u going to book your excursion soon?  As mentioned by KLM, .they book up quickly,  and choices are then limited! 

You could always take a ferry and do something on your own...

On 2/20/2024 at 2:43 PM, hcat said:

Tour was a Celebrity Excursion:  A DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH,, $142.00 pp  (they do not seem to number them anymore?)

As noted in the name and prior posts above, it  included full  sit down lunch

(choice of entree) and 2 bevs per person,,,

From St Kitts  you take a Ferry type boat  for 40 people...with water and drinks to Nevis island...tours sort out at pier... Then the tour bus with guide takes over.. KENO bus was  Modern, a/c,  good sound system..no bad seats..plenty of room...After lunch and beach, the same  Bus takes you back to NEVIS pier ( short drive) and then you take the  Ferry back to St Kitts

. Nevis and St Kitts  are not land connected!

No guarantee you will get KENO but he was outstanding!

I took this tour last February while on Edge and thought it was definitely one of the better excursions offered by Celebrity.  Have been to St. Kitt's several times and always found it boring, but Nevis seemed a little more authentic. The bus tour was interesting and the lunch and beach break, while short, were quite good.  And the ferry ride back was a nice way to cool off at the end of the day. I highly recommend as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of the comments and pictures. We are booked on a different itinerary in November. We were on the Edge when it was new and enjoyed it but have always enjoyed the Solstice class. Oceania, Regent and Seaborn have spoiled us, so we hope we won't be disappointed. 

Whatever  itin  ASCENT does,  it should still have the best of everything..til XL sails!  Then that will be the new best ship!

As mentioned, next yr for St Kitts on APEX we booked a coastal tour with  beach..Island music..and maybe time to shop on St K..no time this trip!

Also going back to Silhouette for a short cruise..one of our favs !