ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

If you are ever craving late night pizza, go all the way to the back of the buffet…it hit the spot a few times last week on Ascent. 

We didn't particularly care for the pizza on the Ascent. For comparison we prefer the pizza on MSC, Carnival, and Virgin as far as cruiseship pizza goes. 

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We didn't particularly care for the pizza on the Ascent. For comparison we prefer the pizza on MSC, Carnival, and Virgin as far as cruiseship pizza goes. 

Pizza on a cruise ship is ... rather bland.  Describing it nicely.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keesar said:

Pizza on a cruise ship is ... rather bland.  Describing it nicely.  

Y’all didn’t get my point…late night.. 😀

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Bosjoe said:

bland and drunk go together. 😁

Actually, the fresh one they made for us one night was pretty good. As good as my local go to, no, but they have no view of the wake. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 9:15 AM, kwokpot said:

Despite all E-Class theaters having nearly identical layouts (the video clarity of the giant LED screens are higher on the latest 2 ships) the shows on both the Beyond and Ascent are on another level in terms of production values and overall quality. TBH content-wise they're all quite similar (familiar pop culture songs, acrobatics, dance sequences, aerial acts) so it's HOW you put together various acts for a show that will determine how well it's received. 

On the Beyond, we were told on the backstage tour that each performer in the main theater shows must be an  accomplished  singer and dancer.  This could have made the difference as the shows in Beyond was over the top!

• Like 1

sorry for the lapse... we are enjoying our cruise..but will try to catch up a bit

outdoor pool dance class....and the much  quieter  & less crowded Solarium pool

20240129_112702.jpg

20240129_112759.jpg

20240129_113031.jpg

• Like 2

Celebrated my birthday a day late at BLU..It is excellent on ASCENT. Great team of servers,  food is  well prepared and served  at approprate temps.So happy to be back in BLU.

Both dinner and breakfasts are yummy and they will " customize". They .aim to please

Note:  the outside tables are NOT associated with BLU..

20240129_144736.jpg

20240129_183542.jpg

20240129_174132.jpg

20240130_070107.jpg

• Like 8

It was a great pleasure to meet  in person.and chat with David Kane.   What a great couple..so creative! His blog is going so well.. I am doing my best!

20240129_192541.jpg

• Like 4

Enjoying the music onboard..Several acoustic solo and duos..Great house band.   

Did not like the theater  show tonight.. very low. . really  jarring light flashes.  wanted to see it but had to leave a few min into it!

20240130_123657.jpg

20240130_173423.jpg

20240130_210926.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

had a great day on Tortola today..St Kitts Nevis tom..will post pics when I can..

We have eaten at the  Fine Cut Steahouse ( Outstanding) , EDEN

(Excellent) and Rooftop Grill ( least fav food but good servIce)

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

had a great day on Tortola today..St Kitts Nevis tom..will post pics when I can..

recommendations for Tortola?   Walk around, grab a beverage good enough?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

recommendations for Tortola?   Walk around, grab a beverage good enough?

Not on this cruise, but will chime in (hope you don't mind, hcat).  If you enjoy snorkelling, I would recommend Brewer's Bay.  We went there in June when sailing the Equinox and it was a lovely, almost uninhabited beach with good snorkelling.  Somewhat out of the way and just one rustic restaurant/bar there.  I think there were only about 20 people on the whole beach there the day we went.  Of course, if you don't want beach/snorkelling, please ignore my comment lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hcat said:

Did not like the theater  show tonight.. very low. . really  jarring light flashes.  wanted to see it but had to leave a few min into it!

I'm curious if you remember which show it was that you didn't care for? 

15 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Not on this cruise, but will chime in (hope you don't mind, hcat).  If you enjoy snorkelling, I would recommend Brewer's Bay.  We went there in June when sailing the Equinox and it was a lovely, almost uninhabited beach with good snorkelling.  Somewhat out of the way and just one rustic restaurant/bar there.  I think there were only about 20 people on the whole beach there the day we went.  Of course, if you don't want beach/snorkelling, please ignore my comment lol.

sorry to hijack for a minute but could you tell me how much the cab costs.  We're thinking of going there.

5 hours ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

sorry to hijack for a minute but could you tell me how much the cab costs.  We're thinking of going there.

My hubby seems to recall $60 round trip?  We saw two young women trying to hire a cab but the driver did not want to take them because it is a bit of a distance to take only two people out.  Another cabbie saw this exchange and offered to take us three and the two ladies together which made the cost much more reasonable, so be prepared if only two of you going........a bit pricey.  Plus he was being tipped by five people! 

A bit of an aside.....some other folks from our group joined us at Brewer's Bay later.  One of the gentleman had just been to a private wedding on St. Barts and said this beach reminded him very much of St. Barts which I thought was kind of cool since that island is rather exclusive (well, exclusive for people like me who cannot afford to go there, lol)

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:17 PM, hcat said:

Much depends on the cook, quality of beef onboard, your tastes etc.  We dined at Fine Cut and the ribeye was very fatty and the filet mignon tasted like a tough sirloin.  We really raved about the service and food at Eden.  Outstanding.    

falling behind..sorry..lots of wasted time with Reg internet...

Food in Blu continues to excel!  Sal's ribeye was tender and delish..I had the duck breast..really oustanding...hot and cold soups are excellent as always... will post a few pics if they load..plus waffles at the buffet for TEXED

20240201_181525.jpg

20240201_174637.jpg

20240201_063825.jpg

• Like 2

Tortola was a nice day for us..We have been there so many times..and love the people! 

Took a break from the beach..

We shopped for our family and friends. small stores but nice!

Perfume store prices were double so we passed on  it.  Went to the new Cigar Bar Aromas..at end of the walk.. nice views..steep climb.  Sal not impressed with prices or  the bar but he  got a cigar for himself and his buddy at home..not Cubans!

Took a cab to Pussers for lunch..

"tradition"  Still great but new owners.

Will post a few pics..Hope not repeating myself.. as I had no time to scroll back..duh!   I have decided reviews are not my niche!

will chk on name of show we left..Today..Formal Night..we are at sea we have  Billy Joel piano concert at 3..and will try the show  Bridges.. will bring my ear plugs  Perfect weather and seas!

NEVIS was outstanding yesterday. if I have minutes left. I will post later of beg minutes from Sal..

Missing Cruise Critic but will catch up after the cruise!

Hcat...and Sal!

20240131_072409.jpg

20240131_101216.jpg

20240131_103440.jpg

20240131_143516.jpg

20240131_094606.jpg

• Like 7

On 2/2/2024 at 9:54 AM, hcat said:

Tortola was a nice day for us..We have been there so many times..and love the people! 

Took a break from the beach..

We shopped for our family and friends. small stores but nice!

Perfume store prices were double so we passed on  it.  Went to the new Cigar Bar Aromas..at end of the walk.. nice views..steep climb.  Sal not impressed with prices or  the bar but he  got a cigar for himself and his buddy at home..not Cubans!

Took a cab to Pussers for lunch..

"tradition"  Still great but new owners.

Will post a few pics..Hope not repeating myself.. as I had no time to scroll back..duh!   I have decided reviews are not my niche!

will chk on name of show we left..Today..Formal Night..we are at sea we have  Billy Joel piano concert at 3..and will try the show  Bridges.. will bring my ear plugs  Perfect weather and seas!

NEVIS was outstanding yesterday. if I have minutes left. I will post later of beg minutes from Sal..

Missing Cruise Critic but will catch up after the cruise!

Hcat...and Sal!

20240131_072409.jpg

20240131_101216.jpg

20240131_103440.jpg

20240131_143516.jpg

20240131_094606.jpg

Thanks for info and your pics.  Pussars it is