ASCENT..1/28/ 24 not quite live!

hcat

56 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

It must be something special.  After we returned (after 10 years) to Celebrity for a 10N SC on Silhouette in December 2023 we shared our positive experience with Laura (President, Celebrity Cruises) and indicated we were jumping into the Edge Class with the Ascent (2/4/2024).  A snippet from the 12/15/2023 email ~

"thank you so much for sharing and we are thrilled to have you back. You are simply going to love Ascent. If I can entice you to see one show, please go see Awaken in the Theater, it is amazing!!"

Despite all E-Class theaters having nearly identical layouts (the video clarity of the giant LED screens are higher on the latest 2 ships) the shows on both the Beyond and Ascent are on another level in terms of production values and overall quality. TBH content-wise they're all quite similar (familiar pop culture songs, acrobatics, dance sequences, aerial acts) so it's HOW you put together various acts for a show that will determine how well it's received. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We were on Apex in August and one of our favorites, Martini Bar, was not very welcoming. I read somewhere that they changed it on Ascent. What makes it better on Ascent?

What do you mean by not very welcoming? Starting with the Beyond, the Edge Class Plus ships (Beyond, Ascent, Xcel) are slightly longer which allowed the Grand Plaza to be enlarged. This allowed the Martini Bar to be moved more towards the middle of the atrium space so there's seating ALL AROUND the Martini bar, rather than the aft end of the bar closed off.

PXL_20240117_033205149~2.jpg

Edited by kwokpot

34 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We were on Apex in August and one of our favorites, Martini Bar, was not very welcoming. I read somewhere that they changed it on Ascent. What makes it better on Ascent?

They changed it starting with Beyond and we liked it better. However service on Beyond was very, very slow.

30 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What do you mean by not very welcoming? Starting with the Beyond, the Edge Class Plus ships (Beyond, Ascent, Xcel) are slightly longer which allowed the Grand Plaza to be enlarged. This allowed the Martini Bar to be moved more towards the middle of the atrium space so there's seating ALL AROUND the Martini bar, rather than the aft end of the bar closed off.

PXL_20240117_033205149~2.jpg

On Apex it seemed shoved in the corner. Smaller, not a lot of seating, and hard to get to, especially if there was a band playing. 

3 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

On Apex it seemed shoved in the corner. Smaller, not a lot of seating, and hard to get to, especially if there was a band playing. 

No longer shoved into the corner of the atrium. 

When we sailed on the Beyond last winter in the Caribbean, the Martini Bar was overwhelmed by Captain’s Club Elite Happy Hour. My husband used a walker and finding a seat for him was a challenge because he couldn’t go to a higher level or get on the tall bar stools around the bar.

28 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

When we sailed on the Beyond last winter in the Caribbean, the Martini Bar was overwhelmed by Captain’s Club Elite Happy Hour. My husband used a walker and finding a seat for him was a challenge because he couldn’t go to a higher level or get on the tall bar stools around the bar.

One major difference with the Martini Bars on all the E-Class ships vs the M & S Class is the E-Class Grand Plaza atrium has multiple levels of seating and the seating at Martini Bar is at different heights. This does make it a challenging space to navigate for those with mobility issues. Visually it's an unusual design; one end of the Martini bar with have high stools while the other side of the Martini Bar will have normal height chairs with the bar at dining table height. It is a bit awkward standing at the lower end of the bar and ordering a drink since the bartender is already standing at a lower level than you are, so you're kinda hovering over everything and need to bend over a little to talk to the bartender.  

PXL_20240117_033205149~3.jpg

Edited by kwokpot

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not nearly as entertaining as the Martini Bar.

Actually, although a really good and valid point, IMO there is no better entertainment at sea than a view vantage observation seat and table near the center of the breakfast or lunch 'buffet' (various names on ships) during the cattle drive.  Love it.  Such balance, grip and gravity mastery of volumes of entrees, sides and extra's despite hip checks, elbows and the famous "immediate stoppers and directional shifters."  😉

• Haha 8

Glad folks are jumping in!

Today was another great day on Ascent..We are enjoying our Inf Veranda... Other opinions differ!

Started out with an excellnt massage at the Spa..it was prepaid, well priced and no attempt to sell me anything.  Very relaxing and loosened up the kinks!

We  shopped a bit..Sal picked out a fabuous watch as my Bday gift!

20240129_193612.jpg

• Like 15

The Cap Club Welcome Party was in the morning..Cruise Director Luigj is a ball of energy and the Capt is so clever and personable.  They gave out awards to outstanding staff.. And recognized top Cruise Couple..double Zenith!

It was a lovely party!

20240129_103012.jpg

20240129_103200.jpg

20240129_103205.jpg

20240129_103124.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

The Cap Club Welcome Party was in the morning..Cruise Director Luigj is a ball of energy and the Capt is so clever and personable.  They gave out awards to outstanding staff.. And recognized top Cruise Couple..double Zenith!

It was a lovely party!

Wow, a morning welcome party. Is that a norm? 

Afternoon..Roll Call get together in EDEN..

It was nice to.meet people in person after a long time on line.We each got a chance to say a few words. .Recognition of our Roll Call list keeper,  name tag  sign maker went well but our countdown person was mia!

20240129_142959.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 4

Your B’day present reminded me of mine a few years ago:  Breitling with diamond face.  It was all so unplanned and special, not to mention the pound had dropped and I believe there was a sale.  Anyway, it certainly provides wonderful memories.

Your watch looks beautiful!😍