Room Service Charge?

occruiselady

I was reading the MiniSuite amenities on the Sun Princess and it looks like if you don’t purchase one of the drink packages, they now charge $4.95 for each room service delivery. They also charge a one time fee of $14.95 to deliver food elsewhere on the ship. See the language below. Is that how it works now? I am Elite status on Princess, but I am not sure that helps with this. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

Yes. $15 one time charge to use ocean now. I don't think it's optional.  You can have ocean now to deliver yo your cabin. $5 for any room service over the phone. These charges are included in the plus and premier fares. Cabin category and loyalty have.no meaning for these charges.

Thanks, just wanted to confirm this since it’s new to me. I just did some more research and it said that ordering your breakfast by filling out the form and putting it on your door the night before is still complimentary. This is good news because that’s all I usually use room service for. This is is our first cruise since Covid and I am finding a lot has changed.

51 minutes ago, occruiselady said:

Thanks, just wanted to confirm this since it’s new to me. I just did some more research and it said that ordering your breakfast by filling out the form and putting it on your door the night before is still complimentary. This is good news because that’s all I usually use room service for. This is is our first cruise since Covid and I am finding a lot has changed.

I had standard fare. One person activated their OceanNow app and was charged $14.98 one time fee. They ordered for both of us using this.  Room service by cabin phone has a $5 charge each time.

Breakfast card on door - free.

It is your choice- not mandatory to use Ocean Now delivery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Just to add some more information full suites pay the same $5 where as it used to be suites could order from the dining room menu at no fee.

Looks like encouraging Suites to also book with Plus or Premier 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I anticipate that they'll continue to dream up even more charges in the future to include in one of their packages. 

And the prince will Continue to climb! Grrrr!! 

• Like 1