Can You Buy AARP Gift Cards in Different Amounts of Dollars

We knew we could but a AARP $500 Gift Card for $450 . Can we buy any other amounts & get a discount or is it only the $500 gift card .wondering to  pre pay the tips 

Thanks in advance

Cliff

You cannot use gift cards to prepay tips. Any of the items under the travel heading are excluded. I think it's crew appreciation, air, hotels, and transfers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, POA1 said:

You cannot use gift cards to prepay tips. Any of the items under the travel heading are excluded. I think it's crew appreciation, air, hotels, and transfers.

Correct re pre-paying; grats would have to paid onboard and the gift cards applied.

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Correct re pre-paying; grats would have to paid onboard and the gift cards applied.

I think that the OP is referring to prepaying in his account prior to the trip. You can do that with credit cards or debit cards, but not gift cards.

You are correct about being able to load up on paid OBC. However, you won't be able to beat the February 1st increase in the crew appreciation that way.

Thanks for both of your in puts . Now if you buy a $100 AARP gift card do you pay $100 or do you get it for less money than the $100  ? .We like to buy say $200 .00 for extra in board credit for a booked cruise 

Thanks again for your replies

Cliff

@mcrcruiser

MAKE SURE you keep the PDFs you get when you buy the gift cards. Don't get rid of them until you have spent the gift card value and completed the cruise. If you have to have anything refunded, having the card # and PIN will save you a lot of hassle.

3 minutes ago, POA1 said:

@mcrcruiser

MAKE SURE you keep the PDFs you get when you buy the gift cards. Don't get rid of them until you have spent the gift card value and completed the cruise. If you have to have anything refunded, having the card # and PIN will save you a lot of hassle.

Yes you are 1000 % correct . We did have the gift card numbers & pins on $2500 face value in gift5 cards & that was very important to resolve a issue in HAL's accounting dept . Thsanks for the reminder

Cliff

29 minutes ago, Bocker3 said:

$100 Gift Cards cost $90.  You still get the 10% discount

29 minutes ago, Bocker3 said:

$100 Gift Cards cost $90.  You still get the 10% discount

30 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

$90 for $100 on AARP

Thanks

Cliff

15 hours ago, POA1 said:

I have gotten confirmation from HAL and my TA that I can use AARP gift cards to pay for Flight Ease flights. 

54 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

I have gotten confirmation from HAL and my TA that I can use AARP gift cards to pay for Flight Ease flights. 

I believe you, but the website says you cannot book items in the Travel Planning category with a gift card. Travel Planning includes transfers, flights, hotels & gratuities.  I would be shocked (Shocked, I say! 🤯 ) If the website were wrong.

Copied from the HAL Website just now:

Travel Planning items are purchased in the currency of your original booking. Gift cards cannot be applied towards Travel Planning items.

• Haha 2

So, I can buy gift cards and use them to make final payment? Let's say I had $4,000 in cards toward a $4,333 final: Could I just send  my travel agent the card numbers when payment is due, plus the rest? I'm assuming AARP sends physical cards. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Rusty Scupper said:

So, I can buy gift cards and use them to make final payment? Let's say I had $4,000 in cards toward a $4,333 final: Could I just send  my travel agent the card numbers when payment is due, plus the rest? I'm assuming AARP sends physical cards. Thanks.

Yes, but AARP sends digital cards not physical ones.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:04 PM, Haljo1935 said:

You can also buy $100 gift cards from AARP. No matter the denomination, you're limited to 5 per month.

I can't find the gift cards on the AARP website. I called and no 1 know what I was talking about. How do I get them?

13 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

I can't find the gift cards on the AARP website. I called and no 1 know what I was talking about. How do I get them?

I also couldn't find them.

From here on we will buy the AARP gift cards  to use to book cruises & for additional on board credits .  Must keep a record of the AARP gift card nubers & pins numbers just in case ,like I had when HAL took a $1200 refund 7 instead of putting it back on the AARP gift Cards they credited my credit card. That is not what they are supposed to do .They are supposed to taqke any refunds & place it back on the Gift Cards ;which never expire .took many hours on the phone to iron out the problem 

At times it is just better to use a credit card to pay  ship charges  

Cliff

1 hour ago, sue1898 said:

Thanks so much. However, I am unable to do this. I've tried several times and nothing happens. I called and was transferred to a different department and then disconnected during the transfer. Fun fun fun!

Edited by shadow 123

37 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

Thanks so much. However, I am unable to do this. I've tried several times and nothing happens. I called and was transferred to a different department and then disconnected during the transfer. Fun fun fun!

Are you an AARP member?