The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Stuart from England. He was a comedy host for us I think on the Mardi Gras in 2021. 

Good memory young lady! Us old people have horrible short term memory! 😁

• Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Good memory young lady! Us old people have horrible short term memory! 😁

You just wait Jim and after her brain absorbs as much alcohol as ours then Maggie will have trouble remembering your lovely wife Peggy! 

She's just a rook rummy

• Haha 7

All caught up! So great re-living it. Great cruise with amazing people. It was a pleasure to sail with all of you. Hope we get to do it again soon. I even “whipped” out my Basin body butter. Love the cherry almond. Every Halloween, I order the kids their bath bombs. They are skulls that when they go in the bath “blood” comes out the eye sockets and mouth. Pretty festive. 😆💀

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

Post Cruise  -  (January 25th)  -  We enjoy our last day in Florida. 

We were up at 7am to another beautiful warm sunny day just like yesterday. Once again we went down to the Fountain View Café for the buffet breakfast. Afterwards, I went back to the room to begin my packing, while Patti went to take pictures of the hotel and property. Here are some outside views of the Rosen Inn International…..

IMG_4742-XL.jpg

IMG_4670-XL.jpg

IMG_4647-XL.jpg

IMG_4653-XL.jpg

IMG_4650-XL.jpg

Patti heads inside to the Topsy Turvey Lounge……

IMG_3967-XL.jpg

IMG_3968-XL.jpg

This is the outside seating for the Topsy Turvey Lounge…..

IMG_4648-XL.jpg

Lite Brite is where you go for snacks and stuff…..

IMG_3971-XL.jpg

This is the Internet Center…..

IMG_3970-XL.jpg

This is the Game Room…..

IMG_3972-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

Patti came back to the room and began to pack some of her things. Around 11am we made the short drive over to Icon Park…..

IMG_4364-XL.jpg

Parking is free if you park on the 4th Level or above…..

IMG_4722-XL.jpg

Here is a map of Icon Park……

IMG_4694-XL.jpg

We head into the Wheelhouse. There is a variety of attractions in here, including the entrance for the Wheel…..

IMG_4674-XL.jpg

IMG_4675-XL.jpg

IMG_4676-XL.jpg

IMG_4679-XL.jpg

IMG_4680-XL.jpg

IMG_4681-XL.jpg

IMG_4682-XL.jpg

I have found my spot at the Wheelhouse Bar…..

IMG_4677-XL.jpg

IMG_4678-XL.jpg

IMG_4740-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

This is the Star Flyer. You won’t catch us on that thing!.....

IMG_4728-XL.jpg

IMG_4727-XL.jpg

IMG_4708-XL.jpg

IMG_4707-XL.jpg

This is the Wheel and the Merry-go-Round…….

IMG_4711-XL.jpg

IMG_4715-XL.jpg

IMG_4716-XL.jpg

Patti continues to walk around Icon Park checking out the shops, bars, and restaurants……

IMG_4713-XL.jpg

IMG_4714-XL.jpg

IMG_4717-XL.jpg

IMG_4718-XL.jpg

IMG_4719-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

Patti continues to explore Icon Park……

IMG_4720-XL.jpg

IMG_4721-XL.jpg

IMG_4723-XL.jpg

IMG_4724-XL.jpg

IMG_4729-XL.jpg

IMG_4730-XL.jpg

IMG_4732-XL.jpg

IMG_4731-XL.jpg

IMG_4733-XL.jpg

Patti makes it back to me and the Wheelhouse Bar. She can sure use a drink. She absolutely loves “Life’s a Beach”, says it’s the best drink she’s ever had!.....

IMG_4735-XL.jpg

IMG_4737-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 16

Patti and I have another drink and then head back to the hotel to finish our packing. When we’re done we’ll only leave what we need for tomorrow morning. We decide that we’ll head over to Hooters for dinner. We bring all of our luggage and stuff downstairs and load up the car. That done, it’s time to eat!......

IMG_4762-XL.jpg

IMG_4747-XL.jpg

IMG_4750-XL.jpg

IMG_4749-XL.jpg

IMG_4752-XL.jpg

IMG_4748-XL.jpg

IMG_4751-XL.jpg

IMG_4757-XL.jpg

Patti and I are having our last drinks in Florida. That is, until we return in April!.....

IMG_4756-XL.jpg

IMG_4746-XL.jpg

You can’t go wrong with chicken tenders, boneless wings, and loaded tater tots…..

IMG_4759-XL.jpg

IMG_4760-XL.jpg

IMG_4758-XL.jpg

We make our way back to the hotel where we’ll watch a little tv and then go to bed. We’ll be getting a very early start tomorrow. Good Night!

Coming up next: We begin our journey back to New Jersey.

• Like 17

Will you be spending time in Orlando pre or post cruise?  We will have to drive my dad back to New York sometime in April then fly back.  He is feeling good and all doctors say he is doing great so he is ready to head north.  Crazy man!  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

Will you be spending time in Orlando pre or post cruise?  We will have to drive my dad back to New York sometime in April then fly back.  He is feeling good and all doctors say he is doing great so he is ready to head north.  Crazy man!  

Glad to hear that your dad is doing well! We will be in Orlando post cruise April 28th until May 2nd. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

We have flight to honor orientation on the 28th. Flight is the 30th. So maybe we can head over Wednesday.  We will be in touch as we get closer.  I’m not flying this year so won’t be wiped out the rest of that week.  

• Like 4

I just LOVE how you and Patti meld together, each doing things you enjoy alone, then doing things you enjoy together!  You two just have such a cool PROCESS! 🤗 I’ve lived my entire life in NJ and love my home state, but I want to say, don’t come back in February. Stay in sunny Florida! I’ll let you know when the grass is green, leaves are on the trees, and mosquitoes  start to bite. 😆 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I just LOVE how you and Patti meld together, each doing things you enjoy alone, then doing things you enjoy together!  You two just have such a cool PROCESS! 🤗 I’ve lived my entire life in NJ and love my home state, but I want to say, don’t come back in February. Stay in sunny Florida! I’ll let you know when the grass is green, leaves are on the trees, and mosquitoes  start to bite. 😆 

They've been back home since about late January 

• Haha 7

We went to the SeaLife Aquarium at Icon Park last January. We have passes to our local Zoo which gave us 50% off of admission. It's so small we were through the aquarium in about 45 minutes or less. It was expensive at 1/2 price for the time we were there, I cannot imagine paying full price for it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

So happy to hear dad is doing good!

• Like 4

Post Cruise  -  (January 26th)  -  We begin our two day journey home. 

We were up at 3:30am. Yes, you read that right, 3:30am. If you have ever experienced morning rush hour traffic in Orlando, you know that you have to get out of dodge before it begins. We showered, dressed, packed our hotel bags, and then checked out. We hit the road at 4:45 am. A few hours later you can see the sun rising in the east……

IMG_4770-XL.jpg

Our first stop was back in Kingsland, Georgia where we stopped to get gas, and then breakfast at Cracker Barrel…..

IMG_4773-XL.jpg

Back on the road we are making great time. We are about to pass the Buc-ees in Florence, South Carolina. We are NOT stopping……

IMG_4775-XL.jpg

IMG_4777-XL.jpg

We are approaching THAT place again. Fortunately, Patti doesn’t have the desire to stop there again…..

IMG_4782-XL.jpg

IMG_4786-XL.jpg

IMG_4788-XL.jpg

This reminded Patti and I that we have to go back to work on Monday…..

IMG_4793-XL.jpg

At 2pm we reached our stop for the night. We are staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Wilson, North Carolina right off exit 121 on I-95…..

IMG_4830-XL.jpg

IMG_4829-XL.jpg

IMG_4833-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

While I relax after nine hours of driving, Patti gives us a short tour of the hotel. Here are a couple pictures of the lobby, where they have coffee available 24hrs a day…..

IMG_4795-XL.jpg

IMG_4794-XL.jpg

Here are some pictures of the breakfast area. We won’t be partaking as we want to get another early start tomorrow…..

IMG_4797-XL.jpg

IMG_4800-XL.jpg

IMG_4801-XL.jpg

The Guest Laundry…..

IMG_4818-XL.jpg

IMG_4819-XL.jpg

The Fitness Center…..

IMG_4820-XL.jpg

IMG_4821-XL.jpg

The Pool Area…..

IMG_4823-XL.jpg

IMG_4824-XL.jpg

IMG_4826-XL.jpg

IMG_4827-XL.jpg

A short time later we drive over to Chili’s for some dinner. We had boneless wings and fries again……

IMG_4835-XL.jpg

There is a dippin’ dots right across the parking lot from the hotel, so Patti goes and gets our dessert…..

IMG_4832-XL.jpg

Back in our room we just relax and watch tv, and are asleep by 8pm.

• Like 15

Post Cruise  -  (January 27th)  -  The final push home! 

We were up at 5am, and on the road by 6:10am. Here are some early morning views as we head north on I-95 in North Carolina……

IMG_4873-XL.jpg

IMG_4871-XL.jpg

IMG_4879-XL.jpg

IMG_4884-XL.jpg

IMG_4892-XL.jpg

Several hours later we are passing Kings Dominion in Virginia…..

IMG_4895-XL.jpg

A few hours after that, we are driving past Baltimore. We got a quick glimpse of M&T Bank Stadium where the Chiefs will be playing the Ravens tomorrow in the AFC Championship game…..

IMG_4897-XL.jpg

Looking over to the right we can see the Vision OTS at the Maryland Cruise Terminal…..

IMG_4898-XL.jpg

IMG_4901-XL.jpg

IMG_4903-XL.jpg

IMG_4904-XL.jpg

A short time later we are crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge back into New Jersey…..

IMG_4905-XL.jpg

IMG_4906-XL.jpg

We arrived back home in Somerset, New Jersey around 1pm. Another great cruise and vacation completed. THE END!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Fabulous review, as always. Thanks so much to both of you. 

Thanks Megan! I will be posting our final thoughts by the end of the day. :classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2