The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

51 minutes ago, SunAngel said:

Thank You for the wonderful review of your trip. We are leaving on the Celebration on April 28, 2024 so this was a big help to us.

Thanks for reading and glad found the review helpful. Enjoy your cruise! 😎

19 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Jeff,

You're gonna LOVE sailaway from NOLA!  Thanks for the fun and interesting review!

Thanks Jeff! We're looking forward to it! 😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks Jeff! We're looking forward to it! 😃

It is a very fun sailaway, and best viewed from the secret deck, Maybe if you have a aft Balcony it would be just as good.  BTW WE have booked for April 5 2025 cruise as of right now, we are going to book the one before in a little while.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 11:46 AM, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading! Book that cruise! Three days in Bermuda with two overnights is the bomb! 😃

Well, we booked it. I am excited for those 3 days in Bermuda plus sailing with you @Jamman54!

Maybe I will get to meet @ninjacat123 too when we are docked in Bermuda.

I am working on booking excursions for Bermuda. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TravelE said:

Well, we booked it. I am excited for those 3 days in Bermuda plus sailing with you @Jamman54!

Yay!!  The more the merrier!!  I am working on an excursion for my second day in Bermuda.  We take the ferry to Hampton, bus (or taxi) to Crystal Caves and Fantasy Caves.  After seeing caves, walking 15 minutes to Blue Hole (beach with caves and snorkeling) then walk to Swizzle Inn for lunch and a rum swizzle, then back to the ship.  Since the ship will be docked all day and night, I won't need to worry if we are running a little late coming back but I'm thinking we will be back by 5:30.  Third day we are snorkeling off a catamaran (Carnival excursion) and on the first day (after meeting Jamman and Patti and you all for a drink) we are planning on riding the tram to Horseshoe Beach.  Soooo excited!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yay!!  The more the merrier!!  I am working on an excursion for my second day in Bermuda.  We take the ferry to Hampton, bus (or taxi) to Crystal Caves and Fantasy Caves.  After seeing caves, walking 15 minutes to Blue Hole (beach with caves and snorkeling) then walk to Swizzle Inn for lunch and a rum swizzle, then back to the ship.  Since the ship will be docked all day and night, I won't need to worry if we are running a little late coming back but I'm thinking we will be back by 5:30.  Third day we are snorkeling off a catamaran (Carnival excursion) and on the first day (after meeting Jamman and Patti and you all for a drink) we are planning on riding the tram to Horseshoe Beach.  Soooo excited!!

The sunset cruise done by Goslings Rum is really good--I always booked it through NCL, but I'm sure you can book it through Carnival or independently.  Free flowing rum and a great tour and introduction to the great Goslings Rums!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, tsahall01 said:

The sunset cruise done by Goslings Rum is really good--I always booked it through NCL, but I'm sure you can book it through Carnival or independently.  Free flowing rum and a great tour and introduction to the great Goslings Rums!

Looks like Goslings Rum is in Hamilton so maybe we can grab a Dark and Stormy there on our second day tour before our return ferry back to the ship😸

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I love it!  You have it all planned out.

I was thinking Horseshoe Beach and Sunset Cruise for our first day. Maybe checkout the Boatyard for evening activities. It depends what happens on the Sunset Cruise!

Second day will be similar to yours with the ferry/bus to Crystal Caves and Blue Hole. Hopefully we can check out Hamilton before taking the ferry back to the ship.

Third day should be exploring the Dockyard.  We can definitely meet you all for that drink!

We are sailing from New York. I have already booked our Statue of Liberty crown tickets and plan on visiting the 9/11 Memorial, Brooklyn Bridge, Wall Street and ???. 

Looking forward to meeting you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Looks like Goslings Rum is in Hamilton so maybe we can grab a Dark and Stormy there on our second day tour before our return ferry back to the ship😸

The Gosling's Rum Tasting Sunset Tour goes right out of King's Wharf.  I googled it and Carnival does do a shore excursion for it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TravelE said:

I love it!  You have it all planned out.

I was thinking Horseshoe Beach and Sunset Cruise for our first day. Maybe checkout the Boatyard for evening activities. It depends what happens on the Sunset Cruise!

Second day will be similar to yours with the ferry/bus to Crystal Caves and Blue Hole. Hopefully we can check out Hamilton before taking the ferry back to the ship.

Third day should be exploring the Dockyard.  We can definitely meet you all for that drink!

We are sailing from New York. I have already booked our Statue of Liberty crown tickets and plan on visiting the 9/11 Memorial, Brooklyn Bridge, Wall Street and ???. 

Looking forward to meeting you. 

Check out Saint Greg's review that includes NYC.  Looking forward to meeting you as well! There is another review as well from SG but this is good for now😉

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Check out Saint Greg's review that includes NYC.  Looking forward to meeting you as well! There is another review as well from SG but this is good for now😉

I was on this cruise with Saint Greg.

I would love to book another transatlantic. Such a fantastic experience.

I did read his NYC review about the Statue of Liberty crown tickets. That was very helpful for planning and making sure the climb was doable!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelE said:

That's awesome that you booked! We've been there quite a few times so we just go out on our own. We'll spend one day at Horseshoe Bay, another in Hamilton,  and the balance of our time at the Dockyard. Enjoy your planning! 😃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

That's awesome that you booked! We've been there quite a few times so we just go out on our own. We'll spend one day at Horseshoe Bay, another in Hamilton,  and the balance of our time at the Dockyard. Enjoy your planning! 😃

Don’t forget the Swizzle Inn! Look for Ridgewood PD patch at original one in Hamilton! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 11:04 AM, Jamman54 said:

😃

Just finished booking the first leg.  Our tentive plans are leaving here on Saturday sometime, and staying at a park and cruise hotel.  Nothing planed in Progresso, In 1st cosmel we know of a little All inlusive that is not far up from the Royal Peir for $40 and they only take 50 a day.  It's small but if you and Patty are intrested,I can give you the location.  We have no plans for Costa Maya yet, but Cozmel 2 We are planing Paradise Beach, and Steak House for our actual 25th Anniversery.  See you on board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Just finished booking the first leg.  Our tentive plans are leaving here on Saturday sometime, and staying at a park and cruise hotel.  Nothing planed in Progresso, In 1st cosmel we know of a little All inlusive that is not far up from the Royal Peir for $40 and they only take 50 a day.  It's small but if you and Patty are intrested,I can give you the location.  We have no plans for Costa Maya yet, but Cozmel 2 We are planing Paradise Beach, and Steak House for our actual 25th Anniversery.  See you on board.

Congrats on getting that first cruise booked. Were you able to get the same cabin? We haven't given too much thought to what are plans are for these two cruises yet. We have four cruises to plan for before the Valor and Jubilee. 😎

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Congrats on getting that first cruise booked. Were you able to get the same cabin? We haven't given too much thought to what are plans are for these two cruises yet. We have four cruises to plan for before the Valor and Jubilee. 😎

Yes we have an ocean view on riviara booked on both legs.  We do have a cruise booked for Dec on Elation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 2:52 PM, Jamman54 said:

We like both but prefer Coki. It's just a completely different vibe. Magen's Bay has a small fee, and Coki is free.

I've only been to Magen's Bay beach, and loved it. As a non-swimmer and person who is fearful of water....I know, I know!!.....I was very comfortable at Magen's Bay because of the hardpacked sand bottom and that it is shallow a long way out. Also, there were no waves rushing in to knock you down. How are those things at Coki? Magen's Bay reminds me very much of Half Moon Cay because of the very things I mentioned. 

I'm a little behind in reading your review, but so enjoying it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tennessee Rose said:

I've only been to Magen's Bay beach, and loved it. As a non-swimmer and person who is fearful of water....I know, I know!!.....I was very comfortable at Magen's Bay because of the hardpacked sand bottom and that it is shallow a long way out. Also, there were no waves rushing in to knock you down. How are those things at Coki? Magen's Bay reminds me very much of Half Moon Cay because of the very things I mentioned. 

I'm a little behind in reading your review, but so enjoying it!

Thanks for reading. I would say that the conditions at Coki Beach are very similar to Magen's Bay, but on a smaller scale. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

I finally made it all the way through this and enjoyed every moment of it! Thanks so much to both of you for another great cruise review.

I have to say we are not fans of cruising out of Miami either and we love cruising out of Port Canaveral. But we live in Cape Canaveral so we're a bit biased. 🙂 Looking forward to cruising on Vista with you and Patti for our first B2B!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I finally made it all the way through this and enjoyed every moment of it! Thanks so much to both of you for another great cruise review.

I have to say we are not fans of cruising out of Miami either and we love cruising out of Port Canaveral. But we live in Cape Canaveral so we're a bit biased. 🙂 Looking forward to cruising on Vista with you and Patti for our first B2B!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you on board. You get to be part of our next review! 😀

• Haha 1

Good morning Jeff, I will be on your Vista cruise and will watch for you and Patti to say hello!  Traveling with all 6 of my siblings, some of their spouses and my daughter, 12 in all. This was supposed to be a last hoorah with my Mom, but she sadly passed before we could go. It’s bittersweet, having all of us together and knowing she won’t be there to enjoy it. The last time we all vacationed together, I was 7 and our parents did a roadtrip in 1976 across the United States visiting every contiguous state west of the Mississippi plus Canada and Mexico. Nine of us packed in a Ford Van, having an amazing adventure. I know this vacation will be hard without her and my dad there, but we will make a lot of great memories, continuing the adventure in their memory. Looking forward to meeting you onboard!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MObeachbaby said:

Good morning Jeff, I will be on your Vista cruise and will watch for you and Patti to say hello!  Traveling with all 6 of my siblings, some of their spouses and my daughter, 12 in all. This was supposed to be a last hoorah with my Mom, but she sadly passed before we could go. It’s bittersweet, having all of us together and knowing she won’t be there to enjoy it. The last time we all vacationed together, I was 7 and our parents did a roadtrip in 1976 across the United States visiting every contiguous state west of the Mississippi plus Canada and Mexico. Nine of us packed in a Ford Van, having an amazing adventure. I know this vacation will be hard without her and my dad there, but we will make a lot of great memories, continuing the adventure in their memory. Looking forward to meeting you onboard!

Looking forward to meeting you as well! Sorry to hear about your Mom, but she will surely be there with you in spirit! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MObeachbaby said:

I’m so sorry that you lost your Mom. I smiled reading your story of your last trip. I know the 12 of you will have a great cruise and in my belief your parents will be watching and enjoying it with you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to meeting you as well! Sorry to hear about your Mom, but she will surely be there with you in spirit! :classic_cool:

Thanks Jeff I believe so too. I’m sure we will see little signs of them along the way. BTW great job on your reviews. I always enjoy them even if I don’t usually comment. The time and effort you and Patti put in is above and beyond. Thank you for always taking us along on your cruises 😊

• Thanks 1