The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

Thank you Jeff and Patti for the awesome review and pictures as always. You seem  like wonderful people and I would love to have you as neighbors!  The only problem is that I don’t like cold weather so y’all would have to move south 😆

• Haha 1

Your and Patti's reviews never disappoint!!! Patti's photos are outstanding. Between your review and her photos there is always great information that will be put to good use. Your reviews are like a good book. always looking forward to the next installment! We stepped on the Celebration the same day you stepped off. We will be getting on the Vista a couple weeks after you! Reading your B2B reviews gave us the bug to do one. Our first will be on the Celebration Oct/Nov. You will enjoy the Valor sailing down the Mississippi to the Gulf. We did it this past August and it was truly enjoyable. A new experience. Thank you again for all you time you put into bringing us along for the ride!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, #Bluesea said:

Your and Patti's reviews never disappoint!!! Patti's photos are outstanding. Between your review and her photos there is always great information that will be put to good use. Your reviews are like a good book. always looking forward to the next installment! We stepped on the Celebration the same day you stepped off. We will be getting on the Vista a couple weeks after you! Reading your B2B reviews gave us the bug to do one. Our first will be on the Celebration Oct/Nov. You will enjoy the Valor sailing down the Mississippi to the Gulf. We did it this past August and it was truly enjoyable. A new experience. Thank you again for all you time you put into bringing us along for the ride!

Thanks so much for reading and for your kind words! Congrats on booking your first B2B. They are the way to go. We are excited to be sailing from NOLA and Galveston  next year. Something new for us. 😃

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ace Evans said:

Thanks for the review.  You and Patti are simply amazing.  Long-time lurker who hopes to have a beer with you someday!

Thanks for coming out of the lurking mode to comment. Looking forward to that beer! 😃

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:55 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

😍😍 shoulda snuck that little guy back on the ship. 

On the next cruise someone accidentally brought one on board.  A couple of days later it jumped out of the beach bag and they couldn’t find it in the room

• Haha 2

On 2/24/2024 at 6:37 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Awesome review as always!!  Craig and I will be sailing on Pride out of Baltimore on Sept 1, 2024 to Bermuda!!  Is your B2B to Bermuda first then Canada? Inquiring minds want to know😄

Just noticed that we will only be in port one day together, Wednesday. You arrive in the morning and we depart in the afternoon. We'll have to plan accordingly! :classic_smile:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Just noticed that we will only be in port one day together, Wednesday. You arrive in the morning and we depart in the afternoon. We'll have to plan accordingly! :classic_smile:

Might be "Breakfast of Champions"!! Looking forward to it!!😃

• Haha 5

To tell you the truth, it is easy for us to fly to PC or Tampa for a cruise than to Miami, becuse my dad picks us up form the airport, and we have a place to stay and transportation to the port.  Ann and I are planing to book the Valor on the B2B with you.  I would recomend leaving more than 3 or 4 day's early and stop in Gatlenburg, TN. It is kind of like a small Orlando, and have dinner shows there as well.  It is a little bit past the end of I-81.  

• Like 1

I work way too much to keep up with CC regularly,  but I want to thank you for one of the greatest reviews! It was lovely to see The Tribe Cruise through your eyes, and Patti's photos were the best 😍 I can't wait to follow along on your next adventure ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

To tell you the truth, it is easy for us to fly to PC or Tampa for a cruise than to Miami, becuse my dad picks us up form the airport, and we have a place to stay and transportation to the port.  Ann and I are planing to book the Valor on the B2B with you.  I would recomend leaving more than 3 or 4 day's early and stop in Gatlenburg, TN. It is kind of like a small Orlando, and have dinner shows there as well.  It is a little bit past the end of I-81.  

Hey there! Glad to hear that you're going to do the B2B. Will that be your first one? Our planning for that trip is in the tentative stages but we're thinking two nights in Pigeon Forge and three nights in NOLA pre cruise. Probably won't finalize anything until we're back from the Vista. 😃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey there! Glad to hear that you're going to do the B2B. Will that be your first one? Our planning for that trip is in the tentative stages but we're thinking two nights in Pigeon Forge and three nights in NOLA pre cruise. Probably won't finalize anything until we're back from the Vista. 😃

We are doing our first B2B. it is our 25th anniversery. we had something blow up in our faces last week, so we want to be on a ship and no less than 5 days is minimum. The cheepest 5 day cruise I could find goes to the bahamas, so not that one.  This is the second cheepest I could find. we are paying the april 5th one off first then adding the one before.

Edited by jedi bobs
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:15 PM, Jamman54 said:

I thought so,  but just to be sure I checked our Sail & Sign charges. In San Juan we were charged roughly 10% tax on each drink. However,  I had 3 drinks while we were docked in St. Thomas and was not charged any tax. Weird. 🙄

Long time lurker here!!  I had to jump in to say that there is NO sales taxes while in port in St Thomas.  In fact, there is NO sales taxes ever as St Thomas does not have sales tax.

I do have to say that I really enjoyed your review.  I got hooked on Sid's reviews and meandered over here to see his Carnival review.  Have never sailed on Carnival, but it looks like fun.  I have since read his entire review and Megan's review.  I then hopped over to the Tribe section on CC and have started to read the first Tribe post--yes, the one started in 2019.  I am now up to page 383 of the post--I have laughed, cried, and am totally hooked.  I read 100 pages yesterday (it was a VERY rainy day in St Thomas yesterday!)  I have really enjoyed following along the antics and heartbreaks.  Glad to see that so many of the posters are still crusing and survied the mess of Covid.  As I am reading and hearing about their future plans and cruises, I felt like shouting IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT WAS REALLY IN STORE FOR 2020!  I hope that Deedle has continued--I haven't seen any recent posts by her.

I am getting ready for my sister's cruise from Port Canaveral to Civitavecchia in April.  I really love trans Atlantic cruises and those are usually what I do.  Love sea days and exploring all what the ships have to offer.  I usually do a spring cruise and then a late fall cruise, but lately I have stepped up my act to 3 cruises a year.  Just finished a cruise on MSC--really enjoyed the cruise.  I sailed with them back in 2014 and enjoyed it then.  Really loved sailing out of Red Hook as my BIL lives in Brooklyn Heights--just a hop, skip and a jump away!

Thank you for the information on Disney Springs and River Walk.  My sister and I have 3 days in Orlando before our cruise.  We are staying at the airport, so we will be using SunTrain and Uber to get around.  I would rent a car, but I am old and don't drive after dark--I am also used to driving on St Thomas where the speed limit is 35 and we drive on the other side of the road!  I was happy to see a Jaleo in Disney Springs.  I always try to go to Jose Andres restaurants whenever I see one!  Jose really helped out during the horrible hurricanes of 2017, so I try to return the favor.  The food is really good, but pricey.  He has a few restaurants at Hudson Yards in Manhattan that are also quite good!  I have also been to Cooper's Hawk winery Restaurant, but the location by the Miami Airport.  I haven't been to Orlando since I did the Disney Princess half marathon in 2018 and haven't been to Disney Springs since my cruise to South America back in 2017.  

You and Patti should really look into a TA--fares are usually lower and Europe is awesome!!  Barcelona is my favorite, but I keep ending up in Rome!!  

On your road trip to NOLA, Pigeon Forge is a great stop over--lots of GOOD breweries and Whiskey places!!  Not to be missed.  Also, the bear restaurant is great--I forget the name, but you can't miss it as there are bears all over the building!  LOL.  I'm rambling now, so thanks again for a great review and enjoy your upcoming cruises!

Cheers, Susan

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tsahall01 said:

Long time lurker here!!  I had to jump in to say that there is NO sales taxes while in port in St Thomas.  In fact, there is NO sales taxes ever as St Thomas does not have sales tax.

I do have to say that I really enjoyed your review.  I got hooked on Sid's reviews and meandered over here to see his Carnival review.  Have never sailed on Carnival, but it looks like fun.  I have since read his entire review and Megan's review.  I then hopped over to the Tribe section on CC and have started to read the first Tribe post--yes, the one started in 2019.  I am now up to page 383 of the post--I have laughed, cried, and am totally hooked.  I read 100 pages yesterday (it was a VERY rainy day in St Thomas yesterday!)  I have really enjoyed following along the antics and heartbreaks.  Glad to see that so many of the posters are still crusing and survied the mess of Covid.  As I am reading and hearing about their future plans and cruises, I felt like shouting IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT WAS REALLY IN STORE FOR 2020!  I hope that Deedle has continued--I haven't seen any recent posts by her.

I am getting ready for my sister's cruise from Port Canaveral to Civitavecchia in April.  I really love trans Atlantic cruises and those are usually what I do.  Love sea days and exploring all what the ships have to offer.  I usually do a spring cruise and then a late fall cruise, but lately I have stepped up my act to 3 cruises a year.  Just finished a cruise on MSC--really enjoyed the cruise.  I sailed with them back in 2014 and enjoyed it then.  Really loved sailing out of Red Hook as my BIL lives in Brooklyn Heights--just a hop, skip and a jump away!

Thank you for the information on Disney Springs and River Walk.  My sister and I have 3 days in Orlando before our cruise.  We are staying at the airport, so we will be using SunTrain and Uber to get around.  I would rent a car, but I am old and don't drive after dark--I am also used to driving on St Thomas where the speed limit is 35 and we drive on the other side of the road!  I was happy to see a Jaleo in Disney Springs.  I always try to go to Jose Andres restaurants whenever I see one!  Jose really helped out during the horrible hurricanes of 2017, so I try to return the favor.  The food is really good, but pricey.  He has a few restaurants at Hudson Yards in Manhattan that are also quite good!  I have also been to Cooper's Hawk winery Restaurant, but the location by the Miami Airport.  I haven't been to Orlando since I did the Disney Princess half marathon in 2018 and haven't been to Disney Springs since my cruise to South America back in 2017.  

You and Patti should really look into a TA--fares are usually lower and Europe is awesome!!  Barcelona is my favorite, but I keep ending up in Rome!!  

On your road trip to NOLA, Pigeon Forge is a great stop over--lots of GOOD breweries and Whiskey places!!  Not to be missed.  Also, the bear restaurant is great--I forget the name, but you can't miss it as there are bears all over the building!  LOL.  I'm rambling now, so thanks again for a great review and enjoy your upcoming cruises!

Cheers, Susan

Thanks so much Susan for reading and jumping in with all that great information. It's much appreciated by all. A TA is on our radar for 2026. We want to do a European cruise followed by a westbound TA. We may have to jump cruiselines to make this happen. Thanks again! 😎

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks so much Susan for reading and jumping in with all that great information. It's much appreciated by all. A TA is on our radar for 2026. We want to do a European cruise followed by a westbound TA. We may have to jump cruiselines to make this happen. Thanks again! 😎

Oh I would love to do something similar in the next few years and will watch for any updates you feel like sharing re your planning process (over on the Tribe board or?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fethiyeden said:

Loved your awesome review & Patti’s fabulous photos. Followed the tribe from the beginning although I seldom post, so it was nice to put faces to the names.

Thanks for reading and for your kind words! We were glad to have you along with us! 😃

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:30 AM, tsahall01 said:

Cheers, Susan

Wow, I can't believe someone is actually reading all that again straight from the beginning. Actually, when I've been bored at work I've been reading it over again but from the end backwards. I'm currently on page 1,151, right around the beginning of the pandemic. It's strange reliving all of that over again. What a strange thing that we all lived through... 

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Wow, I can't believe someone is actually reading all that again straight from the beginning. Actually, when I've been bored at work I've been reading it over again but from the end backwards. I'm currently on page 1,151, right around the beginning of the pandemic. It's strange reliving all of that over again. What a strange thing that we all lived through... 

I just hit the part about @sunsetsoon review.  Of course, I had to go there.  I ended the evening sobbing.  My father was from Okmulgee, Oklahoma where Mary was born.  He was born a few years before, but most likely, my family knew her family!  My grandfather had a grocery store there and had a haberdashery with his brother.  Small world indeed!

Jamman sorry to hijack your review for a bit!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, tsahall01 said:

I just hit the part about @sunsetsoon review.  Of course, I had to go there.  I ended the evening sobbing.  My father was from Okmulgee, Oklahoma where Mary was born.  He was born a few years before, but most likely, my family knew her family!  My grandfather had a grocery store there and had a haberdashery with his brother.  Small world indeed!

Jamman sorry to hijack your review for a bit!

No problem! 😃

• Like 2

Jeff and Patti, thanks so much for all of the work you do to provide us all with these wonderful reviews.  Right now, a Carnival cruise is not on my radar, but if it ever is, you are two of the people I would want to cruise with and meet in person!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1