Which nights are formal nights on the Royal's 7 day Alaska cruises?

mattR

Trying to make spa bookings but wanted to book according to formal nights.  Which nights will the Royal do formal nights on it's Alaska route this summer? 

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Almost always, "formal" nights are 2nd night on ship and the night before the last night on board

Rarely changes from that pattern 

I agree.  This was the schedule on our Alaska cruise in August 23.

They are most often, but not always, on sea days and never on the first or last night of a cruise. 

You can see which nights are scheduled as formal nights in the activities timeline in the app. Every evening will show either “casual” or “formal” portraits. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise.

40 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

What’s the formal attire these days on Princess ?

Anything you want it to be. No choice of clothing will be unacceptable. From tuxes to sometimes shorts and from gowns to slacks with any top.

People are determining what is now appropriate. 

LOL!  I actually *have* seen a couple having pictures made on the ship at one of the "backdrop" photographers' stations where the man was wearing shorts ("formal" night.)  His spouse/girlfriend/mistress/neighbor/niece (IDK) was dressed in a more "appropriate" manner.  It was *really* out of place.  I hope they didn't *pay* for those shots!

On 1/31/2024 at 11:21 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

LOL!  I actually *have* seen a couple having pictures made on the ship at one of the "backdrop" photographers' stations where the man was wearing shorts ("formal" night.)  His spouse/girlfriend/mistress/neighbor/niece (IDK) was dressed in a more "appropriate" manner.  It was *really* out of place.  I hope they didn't *pay* for those shots!

At least it keeps the photographers employed. 😄