Saint Greg's Carnival Jubilee - Live - February 3, 2024

On 2/4/2024 at 7:25 PM, Saint Greg said:

Dr. Inks was slammed so I headed to golden mermaid and found some spots at golden memaid.

IMG_9838.jpeg

Hey, that's me seated on the right side of the bar!  Sorry I missed you on the ship, Greg 🙂

• Like 2

I just got caught up on this Jubilee live review. I have been away from CC for a while. Thank you for all the work you put into this and all of your prior live reviews.  Enjoy your Spirit cruise!  I look forward to following your adventures and learning about that ship.  I will be sailing Spirit for the first time to Alaska in 2025.  Thanks again!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So has the priority debarkation for Platinum/Diamond been discontinued?  Wanted to clarify the process for that group, if it still remains.  

No it’s still there. I just got to the lounge late. They let everyone who was already in the lounge (diamonds and platinums) go before the people (diamonds and platinums) who got there late. Then we got to go next…Which I was fine with.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:30 AM, Saint Greg said:

I’m doing Horizon ABC in a few months.

We are doing that cruise over Halloween, I'll look forward to your review if you go before us.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 12:33 PM, weezal said:

all the ships should have starlink now, but it was still slow on the Radiance recently.

any internet speed test results to share?

I noticed a huge difference between Jubilee and spirit. Spirit's download was still double what the best downloads used to be but upload was non-existent at times.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I noticed a huge difference between Jubilee and spirit. Spirit's download was still double what the best downloads used to be but upload was non-existent at times.

Jubilee has the best internet service I have ever experienced at sea. Even better than Celebration and Mardi Gras, when those debuted in previous years. 

• Like 1

I am back from my Nola cruise on the Breakaway. I am sick again as usual. Doc says to get the AREXVY vaccine cause this is happening too often.Not Covid but respiratory & antibiotics. Anyway, thanks Greg for your thorough insights into the area. Met my sis from Texas & we had great food, music & sight seeing.

I found the ships's food the least favourite of any of the cruise lines I have been on. Everywhere was just noisy and all the venues too small for the number of people.

Speaking of which, Greg how do you find out the number of PAX on a ship?  Everyone I ask just says full. Also when we sailed away 45 minutes late after the pilot boat had been waiting, how do you find out if the person they'd been calling for an hour showed up or not? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Greg how do you find out the number of PAX on a ship?  Everyone I ask just says full. Also when we sailed away 45 minutes late after the pilot boat had been waiting, how do you find out if the person they'd been calling for an hour showed up or not? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sometimes the cruise directors tell you at welcome aboard show or Q&A. Guest services will usually tell you if you ask. 

Hear about it at a bar or on social media is the only way I hear stuff on a specific passenger.

Edited by Saint Greg

8 minutes ago, eltigre said:

I am back from my Nola cruise on the Breakaway. I am sick again as usual. Doc says to get the AREXVY vaccine cause this is happening too often.Not Covid but respiratory & antibiotics. Anyway, thanks Greg for your thorough insights into the area. Met my sis from Texas & we had great food, music & sight seeing.

I found the ships's food the least favourite of any of the cruise lines I have been on. Everywhere was just noisy and all the venues too small for the number of people.

Speaking of which, Greg how do you find out the number of PAX on a ship?  Everyone I ask just says full. Also when we sailed away 45 minutes late after the pilot boat had been waiting, how do you find out if the person they'd been calling for an hour showed up or not? Inquiring minds want to know!

You didn’t like their breakfast? The fruity pancakes and waffles and cinnamon French toast and the pretzel roll breakfast sandwich?

Pretzel balls with cheese in the pub?

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You didn’t like their breakfast? The fruity pancakes and waffles and cinnamon French toast and the pretzel roll breakfast sandwich?

Pretzel balls with cheese in the pub?

Yes the MDR breakfasts were good. The food everywhere was always lukewarm to cool. The pizza looked terrible (the crust? the cheese?) deserts totally lacked, no cookies, O'Sheehans was the saving grace.  The scallops at the seafood restaurant I sent back as they were definitely not cooked enough. Maitre de says many patrons say the same, but the chef knows. The lobster at the Bistro was rubbery and yes I know it sounds like I'm a Karen, but living on both coasts of Canada this really was not what I had hoped for. I prefer Carnival's food including their afternoon tea which is terrific, next is Princess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Yes the MDR breakfasts were good. The food everywhere was always lukewarm to cool. The pizza looked terrible (the crust? the cheese?) deserts totally lacked, no cookies, O'Sheehans was the saving grace.  The scallops at the seafood restaurant I sent back as they were definitely not cooked enough. Maitre de says many patrons say the same, but the chef knows. The lobster at the Bistro was rubbery and yes I know it sounds like I'm a Karen, but living on both coasts of Canada this really was not what I had hoped for. I prefer Carnival's food including their afternoon tea which is terrific, next is Princess.

The only speciality I’ve tried is the steakhouse. Which was good. A step below carnival and Princess I think. But it also didn’t cost as much. A lot of food though. Especially being able to get risotto as a side instead

of an app.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2024 at 2:15 PM, Saint Greg said:

7 total

I remember coming into Cozumel one time, a number of years ago, and counting TEN ships, at two different docks and a couple anchored out using tenders to bring people ashore. It was NUTS.

ETA: SaintGreg -Great review. Loved all the pics, all the new food choices especially. We're boarding Jubilee in less than 3weeks. Having seen all the photos will be very helpful!

Edited by kew1031
  • Like 1