Carry on spinner

ststop

The one you find at Walmart, Target, TJMaxx or the local Goodwill that fits your interior requirements and price.  
Many will recommend pricey luggage that will last generations.  But if it does t suit you, it’s not a bargain.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 3

for me - one that has wheels, that fits as much as possible in without going over size restrictions, one that is easy to spot - ie not plain black or similar.

and has pockets or compartments.

Edited by Kristelle
added

I bought a new suitcase last fall at TJ Maxx.  They have odds-and-ends pieces, not necessarily full sets, and the prices are good.  I don't particularly go for the highest quality, as the cheap ones seem to last a long time; also, you don't have complete control over what porters /airlines do to your suitcase -- even a good one can be ruined in a single trip.  I guess I'm saying, I just don't see this as an investment item.  

What I like: 

- 4 wheels so you can run it along flat on a flat surface 

- I am not crazy about outside pockets, as I never seem to be able to fit anything into them -- I'd rather just have a big interior area.  

- Any color except black -- we own olive green, rust, and rose gold 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ststop said:

...I want something reliable but I don’t want to pay a fortune. Under $100 for a carry-on 20”-22” size 

Search AMZ for [it luggage carry on]. Our "Lightest" IT 2-wheel carryons have lasted years and are really light! Can't testify for the spinners (we have one 24" 4/8-wheel IT, but it rarely gets used so can't say about durability). 

Just my thought - after flying full time for my last job I much prefer two roller skate type wheels set in to the bag a bit more.  Frequent sight was the frustrated traveler when their 4 wheel did not have all of them when retrieved from the luggage carousel.  Also I find 2 wheels easier to manage on sidewalks, cobbled streets or long carpeted hallways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Just my thought - after flying full time for my last job I much prefer two roller skate type wheels set in to the bag a bit more.  

Agree with everything you said. Also there is room for an "extra" pair of shoes along side the set in wheels!   

I buy mine at Marshall’s I’ve gotten full sets to individual pieces but always sold individually. My preferred style is a clamshell with 4 sets of wheels that have 2 each. They hold up better I find than the single wheels. I start by finding all the ones I like and then pick the one that is lightest.