Celebrity Pass renamed Premium Access Pass

StopTheWorld

Celebrity have, in the past couple of days, fixed the glitch where it allowed only 1 person per cabin to purchase. When I purchased the passes months ago, it permitted 1 per cabin, and they hadn’t yet published the full details which now state each person has to purchase. 

Playing catch up as has often been the case recently with Celebrity, putting out an "innovation" without first proof reading, then realising the consequences of the "innovation" as originally posted and changing the details of the purchase.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:25 AM, MrSunshine said:

I have one for my Feb 12 Silhouette sailing, but initially booked one only for myself to replace my WiFi-reservation. Came back as I considered to add it for my wife and kids too, but was sold out by then.

Any idea what happens if we show up early with only one of us having Xpass/Premium Access?

Obviously your cabin will be ready early.  Cannot imagine you won't all get to board together.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:15 PM, dc2psguy said:

I quickly bought Premium Access when it was offered 4 days ago for my Feb 25 Ascent sailing (15 days out). It was only USD 140 more for the week than the Premium Wifi for 1 device I previously purchased. It seems like a no-brainer, but we shall see how "premium" I feel next week at the port and throughout the cruise.

Hi I've booked it as well. Do you think we still have to board at the time we already have? Will be interested to see whether this package is worthwhile.

1 minute ago, CF11 said:

Hi I've booked it as well. Do you think we still have to board at the time we already have? Will be interested to see whether this package is worthwhile.

From the FAQ:

Q: What if the early arrival window is not available
when I check-in?
A: Look for signs with the Premium Access logo for
priority boarding and proceed through the
check-in process.
Q: If early access is not available, does Premium
Access include priority boarding?
A: Yes, look for signs with the Premium Access logo for
priority boarding

Just now, StopTheWorld said:

From the FAQ:

Q: What if the early arrival window is not available
when I check-in?
A: Look for signs with the Premium Access logo for
priority boarding and proceed through the
check-in process.
Q: If early access is not available, does Premium
Access include priority boarding?
A: Yes, look for signs with the Premium Access logo for
priority boarding

Thank you very much for the info.

I called X to see if it paid to do this. They wanted $660 for the two of us for our 11-night cruise. Our premium WiFi was just $250 in total so it doesn’t pay for us. We rarely use room service and the embarcation day lunch was no big deal. 

I just got the email for our 4-day cruise in May on Apex. I had already purchased premium WiFi for both of us at $16/day per person. This is $35 a day per person. No thanks.

As an aside, why do so many people buy the 2 device WiFi? I've been on a couple of cruises (including Celebrity) where it's no big deal to switch devices (for me, phone to laptop and back) - that's part of the 1 device access, it's just one device at a time. This didn't change, did it?

27 minutes ago, PH2 said:

As an aside, why do so many people buy the 2 device WiFi? I've been on a couple of cruises (including Celebrity) where it's no big deal to switch devices (for me, phone to laptop and back) - that's part of the 1 device access, it's just one device at a time. This didn't change, did it?

Probably because lots of people are like me and go from phone to Ipad often and are too lazy to log off and log on. No excuses from me just pure laziness.

• Like 1

Another example of X nickel and diming pax to gain extra revenue and to separate those who can afford and those that had to save to take a cruise vacation. Somehow with all the added extras, including Retreat areas only adds to the days of old where we had 1st class, 2nd class and 3rd class passengers. Why would they have to add an extra theater seating area just because you’re paying for it? I’m sure they’ll come up with additional paid perks to differentiate between passengers. I realize that X is considered a slightly upscale cruise line, unlike Carnival or MSC, but to me it’s starting to get a little ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, choochella said:

Another example of X nickel and diming pax to gain extra revenue and to separate those who can afford and those that had to save to take a cruise vacation. Somehow with all the added extras, including Retreat areas only adds to the days of old where we had 1st class, 2nd class and 3rd class passengers. Why would they have to add an extra theater seating area just because you’re paying for it? I’m sure they’ll come up with additional paid perks to differentiate between passengers. I realize that X is considered a slightly upscale cruise line, unlike Carnival or MSC, but to me it’s starting to get a little ridiculous. 

I understand your perspective, but I also appreciate that creates additional value for those of us willing to pay for it without taking away anything from anybody else (beyond having to wait in lines they'd already have to wait in and a few seats in the theater that they still have access to...and they can get better seats than these reserved seats).

If anything, I think this takes away some of the value that people in the Retreat pay for.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Darspurs said:

Probably because lots of people are like me and go from phone to Ipad often and are too lazy to log off and log on. No excuses from me just pure laziness.

No need to self-shame, lol, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a change to how things worked in September for our upcoming cruise.

My laptop is mostly for work - which I try to minimize as much as possible on vacation - so I don't switch back and forth as often as you probably do. In fact, I wish it was harder to switch, then I might not check in with work as much!

1 hour ago, PH2 said:

I just got the email for our 4-day cruise in May on Apex. I had already purchased premium WiFi for both of us at $16/day per person. This is $35 a day per person. No thanks.

I’ve often found that buying a 2 device WiFi package for 1 person (which 2 people can use) is cheaper than buying 2 x 1 device package. 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, dc2psguy said:

I quickly bought Premium Access when it was offered 4 days ago for my Feb 25 Ascent sailing (15 days out). It was only USD 140 more for the week than the Premium Wifi for 1 device I previously purchased. It seems like a no-brainer, but we shall see how "premium" I feel next week at the port and throughout the cruise.

@dc2psguy I purchased the pass around the same time for our mutual sailing and my luggage tags are not flagged with Premium Access to trigger priority handling. Do yours have any notations?  3 calls to X with the agents not knowing much has been frustrating. Finally got to the supervisor who said the Documents team will re-issue the luggage tags by tomorrow.  Guess we shall see how this goes. First world problems I know 😉

A word of advice to all is if you plan on buying this package, best to do it before your check in and luggage tag docs are generated. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PH2 said:

My plan is to use one device to be on my phone or ipad, then my sister will do the same with the 2nd device...so for 2 devices we both get wifi, just one device at a time.  From what I have been told, this is allowed....they don't care what 2 devices are on at any one time. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

My plan is to use one device to be on my phone or ipad, then my sister will do the same with the 2nd device...so for 2 devices we both get wifi, just one device at a time.  From what I have been told, this is allowed....they don't care what 2 devices are on at any one time. 

Just off the Ascent last Sunday and yes this is allowed. My DH and I each want access to the internet so we can each have one of our devices online at a time. When we want to change to another device we disconnect the WI-FI and then switch to another device. It worked well for us and yes it was cheaper to purchase a 2 device plan than to each purchase a 1 device plan.

I am intrigued by this Premium Access pass for our cruise in February 2025. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused on this new plan.  We have two cruises booked one for April -  9 Days on the Ascent and one for January -  12 Days on the Millenium.  The premium access is $33.99 a day on the April cruise and $22.99 on the January cruise.  I've already paid for upgraded 1 device Wi FI on both.

Is it not the same price on all cruises?  And does the upgrade I already paid get deducted?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

I'm confused on this new plan.  We have two cruises booked one for April -  9 Days on the Ascent and one for January -  12 Days on the Millenium.  The premium access is $33.99 a day on the April cruise and $22.99 on the January cruise.  I've already paid for upgraded 1 device Wi FI on both.

Is it not the same price on all cruises?  And does the upgrade I already paid get deducted?

Thanks.

Not sure why the price differs, but you’d need to cancel the upgraded wifi to get a refund. It won’t get deducted.

We are booked on a 7 day cruise on the APEX in February 2025 and the cost is $35.99 per person per day. Shorter cruise = higher price.

Edited by KLM3164

Posted (edited)

For those interested in the reserved seating in the main theater as part of the package. It’s every evening, not just chic evenings as it is for Retreat guests.  The Premium access seating is on the port side, upper level of the theater. They are front row and well positioned.  They release the seats 5 mins prior to show time, so be sure to arrive in good time. 

Edited by John Paul Conti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It really depends on your personal circumstances and needs if this pass is great value or not. For me, having no status with Celebrity and staying in a regular veranda stateroom, it’s worth it. I purchased it for our June Rome to Barcelona 9-nighter on the Equinox for the following reasons:

1. Priority tendering. We cruise for the itinerary/destination more than the cruise experience itself, and with 2 tender ports (DIY) on this sailing, getting off without having to potentially wait for a long time is important to us. 

2. Wi-fi. We originally purchased wi-fi and had it refunded after purchasing the pass.

3. Room Service. We love having breakfast on our balcony, and I foresee us doing this for at least half the mornings on this sailing, especially on days with the early port arrivals.

The other perks are just bonus to us.

We purchased The Key on our last Med cruise in 2019 on RC Radiance and it was well worth it. The only thing I wish Celebrity would add is a final sit down “elevated” breakfast on the MDR during disembarkation, like its parent cruise line. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nauty said:

It really depends on your personal circumstances and needs if this pass is great value or not. For me, having no status with Celebrity and staying in a regular veranda stateroom, it’s worth it. I purchased it for our June Rome to Barcelona 9-nighter on the Equinox for the following reasons:

1. Priority tendering. We cruise for the itinerary/destination more than the cruise experience itself, and with 2 tender ports (DIY) on this sailing, getting off without having to potentially wait for a long time is important to us. 

2. Wi-fi. We originally purchased wi-fi and had it refunded after purchasing the pass.

3. Room Service. We love having breakfast on our balcony, and I foresee us doing this for at least half the mornings on this sailing, especially on days with the early port arrivals.

The other perks are just bonus to us.

We purchased The Key on our last Med cruise in 2019 on RC Radiance and it was well worth it. The only thing I wish Celebrity would add is a final sit down “elevated” breakfast on the MDR during disembarkation, like its parent cruise line. 

Are you on the June 4th sailing? If so, I'll see you on there!

I believe we only have one tender port, but if we weren't staying in the Retreat we'd get Premium Access as well so I hope it's a good value for you!