Celebrity Ascent - Concierge or Sky Suite

Panda3

I currently have a 7 day cruise on hold for me and DH on a Med cruise.  Concierge will be $5296 for both of us and sky suite will be $9911.  Of course I want the suite but it’s a lot more money.  Suites are bigger and booze and wifi included.   What would you do?  Keep in mind I will have to buy airfare as the cruise originates in Spain.  The airfare would cover the difference, but this is a milestone wedding anniversary.   I don’t want to cheap out, just wondering if Suite Perks are worth the extra 4 grand.  Thoughts please.  

Suites are less interesting on port intensive trips - the Med being on of those. You really aren't on the ship that much during the day. We did suite on a Baltic trip and liked it but I could see where the extra wouldn't be worth it. In the Caribbean a suite choice is great since we only wandered off for an hour or two and then back to the Retreat 

I also would wonder about selecting Concierge the trip. I dont really see the advantage over a regular Infinity Veranda. 

• Like 4

While I sail in nothing but suites that’s a lot of money, but as previous post said European cruise are different very few sea days and long shore excursion. However perks on this ship are great , love the outdoor retreat with pool ,  suite restaurant and lounge.

• Like 1

I understand the allure of suites. I was just on the Ascent in a sky suite.  It's nice. Concierge is where we usually stay.

Honestly, right now I would book a concierge for that much of a difference in price. Sky suites no longer include gratuities or the OBC like they used to. Also there is all the hoopla about butlers being a "Team" now for Sky suites, AND if your wine is $1.00 over the premium limit you have to pay the $1.20. Another drawback is that we tend to stay in the suite area when we have access and E class are such beautiful ships that we missout on so much going on elsewhere in the ship.

I like concierge for the sit down lunch upon embarkation and I do use the "Concierge concierge" quite a bit to book stuff and take care of issues.

You can place a move-up bid if you decide you really want a suite and probably pay significantly less. That's my 2 cents, but it is an important cruise for you.

Edited by Tudy
More info
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, tfred said:

I also would wonder about selecting Concierge the trip. I dont really see the advantage over a regular Infinity Veranda. 

Agreed

the "infinite Veranda" is a deal breaker.

Once and done for me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tfred said:

Suites are less interesting on port intensive trips - the Med being on of those. You really aren't on the ship that much during the day. We did suite on a Baltic trip and liked it but I could see where the extra wouldn't be worth it. In the Caribbean a suite choice is great since we only wandered off for an hour or two and then back to the Retreat 

This is a great point.  

I had not thought about it being port intensive and who really cares about the room that much.  I actually think I might really save $$ and downgrade to a regular verandah.  

• Like 4

Cons for the suite: 

Price (unless you aren't concerned about $4k)

The product in the Sky Suite seems very inconsistent right now 

Being so port intensive you may not make much use of the suite facilites 

Pros:

Extra space, Retreat areas, Luminae, etc. 

I would not pay full price for a suite right now. At minimum a MoveUp bid would cost you $2000+. I would consider taking the gamble on the MoveUp for a near minimum bid but would be content with a regular concierge cabin if I didn't win.

• Like 1

What about Aqua Class?    It gives you Blu as your dining room and the food & Service in Blu is excellent and access to the Sea Thermal Suites.   

We actually prefer Blu to Luminae.  

• Like 5

As a suite class regular, I loved our non-suite experience on Ascent. The ship itself is very special…I would save the money on the sky suite and splurge on specialty dining, and excursions….oh, and business class air fare… As another pointed out, the suite amenities can’t compete with your port intensive itinerary in the beautiful Mediterranean. 

• Like 1