Skagway dock for Majestic Princess?

sandinmyshoes

Does anyone know where the Majestic Princess docks in Skagway?  I see three different port options and I know they are all close to town but I'm trying to plan for elderly parents who want to walk the town area but not add a lot of extra walking.  I'm trying to decide if they need to shuttle into the main area of town from the White Pass Railroad dock or if its a shorter walk.

Thank you!

There were shuttles our last visit from the ship to the end of the dock. They looked like an extended golf cart. From the end of the pier to town is still quite a walk if someone is mobility challenged. A shuttle from the dock to town? I don't know.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 4:08 PM, mtnesterz said:

There were shuttles our last visit from the ship to the end of the dock.

And there will be shuttles in the 2024 season as well.

"Logistics for the 2024 season will be much the same as they were this year on Railroad Dock. Aft ship passengers will be bused to the upper Small Boat Harbor parking lot and the forward ship will again use tenders to transport passengers to the Small Boat Harbor south ramp. The landslide area will continue to be electronically monitored as well as utilize human look-outs."

Source: https://skagwaynews.com/2023/09/08/19-9-million-fema-bric-grant-reaches-next-level-of-approval/

We were on b2b cruises last year and each leg we were at different locations. One involved a short tender ride to the shuttle and one involved walking through containers to get to the shuttle. 

On our last Alaska sailing, we "docked" at the far end of the main dock...but still had to tender!  They were not letting anybody debark from the starboard (land side) due to its proximity to the landslide area.  We had to take a tender for less than 100 yards and get off very near the bow of the ship!  Strange!