Delta questions

petuniaflower

I have a question..we have airfare booked thru Delta (main cabin) for a cruise in October out of Florida..we didnt get them for particularly cheap/good deal and theyre bad connections but we booked as we had vouchers that were expiring Dec 31.  We had been wondering if we could change these flights and use the "credit/money paid" for a better destination ie Hawaii cruise etc..then this week we happened to get an email saying there was a change to our October Florida flight, which impacts these flights by a few hours..(not the biggest deal but it makes our connection even longer)..it then says go into My Trips etc to change if this doesnt work for you.  If we were to change these flights, I know we can change for different dates or even destinations, but is it possible to "bank" the amount paid until we decide what our next destination is, or do we have to make the change to a new flight right away?  We were hoping to just pay for Florida out of pocket as we can usually find much cheaper than what we got, and use the Delta $ to go elsewhere but havent nailed down where yet.  Hope this makes sense!

Alos, anyone know when Delta will release 2025 dates?

In general, and that is a dangerous thing to say about air travel, tickets purchased with time-limited vouchers tend to carry over the same restrictions as the vouchers themselves.  If that is so, then you may have limited flexibility with those tickets and the underlying vouchers.

However, all is dependent on the specifics of both the voucher and the ticket that was bought using it.  And without knowing and delving into the specific rules of the voucher AND the rules of the ticket purchased, anything would be pure speculation.

Your best answer would come directly from Delta, as they would have access to the rules that apply to your purchase.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It used to be that the Delta points flights would book up as soon as they became available for Hawaii.  I would call or book online the minute that they become available.  It has been several years since I have tried...

Edited by NMTraveller

On 2/6/2024 at 4:04 PM, FlyerTalker said:

In general, and that is a dangerous thing to say about air travel, tickets purchased with time-limited vouchers tend to carry over the same restrictions as the vouchers themselves.  If that is so, then you may have limited flexibility with those tickets and the underlying vouchers.

However, all is dependent on the specifics of both the voucher and the ticket that was bought using it.  And without knowing and delving into the specific rules of the voucher AND the rules of the ticket purchased, anything would be pure speculation.

Your best answer would come directly from Delta, as they would have access to the rules that apply to your purchase.

I concur with FlyerTalker.  Generallly speaking, travel vouchers are good for one year from date of original travel.  Since the airline made the schedule change, it's possible that your vouchers will be extended to a year beyond the exisiting travel dates, but only Delta can give you the rules that apply to the specific tickets and fare class that you purchased.