New Avalon Waterways Itineraries.

Daisi

Can't post the link to the article because it's from a TA, however for 2025 Avalon is going to be sailing on the Garonne and Dordogne Rivers. There will be 1. 2 and 3 week trips. Looks like there's more to explore..... 🙂

https://www.avalonwaterways.ca/river-cruises/garonne-river/?computed_rivers_sm=Garonne&format=vertical&limit=12&page=0&sort=computed_itinerary_firstbestdiscountedprice_cad_tl%3Dasc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

They fish like that on the Danube. We had a good laugh, as one of the small huts we saw was flying a Canadian flag!  Took a picture, but didn't notice that there was a guy in it who was sunbathing au natural!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 5:38 AM, Daisi said:

Can't post the link to the article because it's from a TA, however for 2025 Avalon is going to be sailing on the Garonne and Dordogne Rivers. There will be 1. 2 and 3 week trips. Looks like there's more to explore..... 🙂

https://www.avalonwaterways.ca/river-cruises/garonne-river/?computed_rivers_sm=Garonne&format=vertical&limit=12&page=0&sort=computed_itinerary_firstbestdiscountedprice_cad_tl%3Dasc

I just booked Bordeaux for next spring ... might look at the longer cruises Avalon has cobbled together for that area.  Far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as too much time in France.  I must admit that I'm becoming increasingly weary of big cities and much prefer the countryside ... what better than a river cruise?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/8/2024 at 1:38 PM, Daisi said:

however for 2025 Avalon is going to be sailing on the Garonne and Dordogne Rivers. There will be 1. 2 and 3 week trips.

I was excited until I looked at the link. 

There's only a 7night trip in the Bordeaux region, same ports and travelling no further than the other lines. Longer trips are made by combining the 7 night Bordeaux cruise with others.

The 16 day trip is the Seine cruise then train from Paris to Bordeaux, the 22 day one combines Seine and Rhone cruises with Bordeaux.

They don't name any wineries visited, but they do have 'two-wheel excursions by bike'. Two wheels on a bicycle! Who'd have believed it? They know how to spoil their customers!!

Edited by pontac
to correct a spelling error