Welcome back party

Rob-Bob

I haven't sailed Carnival in many years.  Do they have a welcome back party (or something like that) for VIFP members?  Do they give you free drinks?  The last NCL cruise I went on they had one and not many people went, I think because many had the drink package.  They were giving you drinks as fast as you could take them off the trays.  I took the equivalence of 2 bottles of wine back to my state room (that is all I could carry).  Staff was trying to give me more as I was leaving the venue.

I am not getting the Cheers drink package on my CCL cruise and just thought this would be a way to get a few "free" drinks if they have such a gathering.

They have a gathering for just those who are platinum and diamond members, usually on the last sea day.  They do offer drinks.  On the Excel class ships, they just offer one drink if I remember correctly and then add one drink voucher to your sign and sail card.  We rarely go as we don't drink, so it's never been a big deal to us.

We still attend regularly even though we have many, many cruises under our belt. Sure the free drinks are nice. But for us it helps us connect to the past as we cheer for our ships. I wish the ship roll call was just a tad slower so keeping up was a bit easier. Oh well, all in good fun.

I will say a particularly memorable one was about a year ago on Panorama. Our gathering was fairly intimate and Marty told everyone to grab a few unopened 'roadies' if we could safely get them home. It was nice to pop open a icy cold Birthday Beer a few days later reminiscing on the fun we'd just had.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Do they have a welcome back party (or something like that) for VIFP members?

Yes for plat/diamonds. It's only on 5+ day cruises. Usually on the last sea day in the afternoon before dinner and lasts 30 minutes or so.

3 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Do they give you free drinks?

Yes, usually a selection of champagne, wine and pretty stiff rum punches (and a blue drink - I'm not sure what it is). You can also order other common drinks from the servers. If you're in the mood to tie one on, it's usually pretty easy to do so (and grab one for the road...)

11 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

On the Excel class ships, they just offer one drink if I remember correctly and then add one drink voucher to your sign and sail card.

For the Platinum and Diamond party on the Excel class, they have pre-poured wine as you enter the theater, and they put a voucher for a free drink up to $10ish dollars on your S&S on the day of the party (possibly redeemable only after a certain time, I don't exactly recall).

The Excel class has scaled down theaters without full bar service, so that's the reason for only wine.  The voucher is to make up for not having a bigger choice of drinks or an open bar at the party.

8 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Thanks.  I do get a bottle of water and a drink on our last day😀

Nothing is delivered to your stateroom anymore, you have to take it upon yourself to find these gifts.

10 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Nothing is delivered to your stateroom anymore, you have to take it upon yourself to find these gifts.

For those of us that don't go on scavenger hunts looking for rubber ducks, we have one of our own.

• Haha 1