Seen on Carnival Elation (allegedly)

BlerkOne

14 hours ago, cruiserbrianj said:

A few years ago on the Elation they had a similar offering but it was basically the seafood shack. It was outside dining around the lido area, menu looked pretty much like the seafood shack and servers waited on you. Considering they didn't have a seafood shack, I thought this was a nice gesture. I've been on the Elation several times and that was the only time I saw it offered.

THIs^^^

We also enjoyed this. Had tables with checkered tablecloths by the pool area with limited seating. It was a great meal and very enjoyable. Seafood was tasty and plentiful. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, May1cruiser said:

THIs^^^

We also enjoyed this. Had tables with checkered tablecloths by the pool area with limited seating. It was a great meal and very enjoyable. Seafood was tasty and plentiful. 

There have been other times where Carnival has done "different" things.  An example is on recent Journey cruise on the Legend, we were invited (loyalty status was the qualifier I believe) to an "al Fresco" dinner under the stars on lido.  Different menu, white linen service, great service, entertainment, quite nice.

• Like 1

Saw another mention on book face...

Today we featured YOUR Carnival Elation as our cover photo and seen here is a new and tasty program - Steak -N- Fries under evaluation exclusively onboard Carnival Elation right now
For an additional surcharge Guests will be able to enjoy certain steakhouse items such as the Cowboy Steak and New York Strip and Filet along with Fries, Soup and Salad on the Lido Deck 10 from 12:00 Noon through 10:00 PM Nightly.
There is no timetable on the evaluation period or expansion beyond Carnival Elation.
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, jimbo5544 said:

There have been other times where Carnival has done "different" things.  An example is on recent Journey cruise on the Legend, we were invited (loyalty status was the qualifier I believe) to an "al Fresco" dinner under the stars on lido.  Different menu, white linen service, great service, entertainment, quite nice.

They had this on a couple of nights on a Journeys cruise I was on a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know how people got invited.  If it was based on loyalty, I certainly wouldn't qualify.  I am platinum, and the their were hundreds of diamonds on this cruise.

It did look really nice.

The al fresco dinners have been a thing on journey cruises for a while. Lately they have occured on multiple evenings. One criteria is being Diamond, but there are other possibilities. The more times you eat in the MDR and are noticed by staff (in a good way), the better the odds for the non-Diamond cruiser 

I have placed my order. You actually place your order at the counter at Blue Iguana Cantina. You are then given a pager and can sit either inside Tiffany's (Lido restaurant) or on deck.

• Like 2

I ordered the Caesar Salad (identical to the MDR version), the Filet Mignon, Steak Cut Fries, and the brownie. Placed my order at 8:31, had my salad at 8:44, my steak at 8:55, and dessert was brought out about 9:07. The steak was cooked properly to order and quite tender. The fries came out very hot. The brownie was outstanding and it is a big portion.

There is no beverage service with this, which is a miss IMO. Even if the one cook working this goes to the Red Frog or Lido bar and places the order for you, I think it would be a good upsell opportunity and a better experience.

The charge actually shows up as "Seafood Shack" in the HUB app.

IMG_20240222_204457746.jpg

IMG_20240222_205556796.jpg

IMG_20240222_205732588.jpg

IMG_20240222_211211587.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

The prices were different for each main. Look on the menu pic posted. Looks like the filet was $23.

I see the prices on the menu now. So Carnival's additional fee food is no longer a good value.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I see the prices on the menu now. So Carnival's additional fee food is no longer a good value.

I don't see this being offered beyond Fantasy class ships (no steakhouse) and there are only 2 of those left. I view it as marketing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't see this being offered beyond Fantasy class ships (no steakhouse) and there are only 2 of those left. I view it as marketing.

Agreed. Most of the menu is available in the dining room. One of the salads, the brownie, and the pork chop are the only exclusive items.

Right now this isn't in the Hub App or printed Fun Times, but there are signs at both dining rooms and on the Lido deck.

20 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Is it only on the Elation?  Only on ships without Steakhouses?  My kid could eat steaks morning, noon and night (teenage boy) so I know he'd be all about it if it's on the Dream next month.  

As of right now, it is only on the Elation. Hr will have to go to Seaday Brunch if he wants steak for breakfast, but Steak and Fries would have him covered for lunch and dinner. Just remember it will be at least $23 + 18%.

• Like 1