A cruise from Singapore 🇸🇬

8 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Mmmm, interesting.  Sounds like there's less included food options. Teppanyaki is expensive 😬

Can you find out if the silver lounge is available to diamonds? So no open to all food options in solarium?

Enjoy the cruise 

No there is no Solarium bistro - that whole area is Silver dining. Yes I’ll find out who is allowed in! 

IMG_2986.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Mmmm, interesting.  Sounds like there's less included food options. Teppanyaki is expensive 😬

Can you find out if the silver lounge is available to diamonds? So no open to all food options in solarium?

Enjoy the cruise 

Sorry, diamonds aren’t able to dine in Silver.  D+ can only dine there on a sail by sail basis depending upon numbers. The cut off is around 20 D+ will be allowed in.

The WJ is very different to usual with some amazing joints of meat and food flavours.

The Hotpot place at the back is complimentary apart from if you order lobster etc. but it’s reservations needed.

We are going for Sichuan Red tomorrow- it is either ALC or they do set menu for $45pp but we got offered 20% off which softens the blow a bit! 

• Like 2

*iFly 1 minute is free

I am going to have to look up alternative words for “different” otherwise I will start to found like a stuck record!!!

OMG the retail opportunities are on a different scale! The jewellery, the watches, the handbags… even shoes! And it’s all classy stuff. 🛍️

As suspected there is a high western demographic on board. Its interesting to see how the Brits/Australians etc tend to gravitate towards the Schooner Bar!

The wine list is distinctly short! In Gold there were 3 whiles and 3 reds! That was it. My earlier excitement about WA being only $14 has been shot down in flames when I found the limit was $13!! 

There are only 2-3 gins in board. No Hendricks or Botanist.

I haven’t seen any Park West art (which is usually opposite Vintages) - so sometimes “different is good” lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Sorry, diamonds aren’t able to dine in Silver.  D+ can only dine there on a sail by sail basis depending upon numbers. The cut off is around 20 D+ will be allowed in.

Thanks for asking, so no DL/CL for Diamonds. Ah well, will miss the coffee and will miss no Solarium restaurant but the WJ sounds good

There is a kettle in every cabin ( as there was in the Australian cruises) however these don’t have sachets of coffee ( which they did have in Australia). The teabags are a brand called Dilmah?  Bring your own!
When DH went up to the WJ to get a carton of milk for our fridge there weren’t any because there was no cereal 🥣 available!!  Very different ( drat I’ve used that word again!) food choices even at breakfast! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks for asking, so no DL/CL for Diamonds. Ah well, will miss the coffee and will miss no Solarium restaurant but the WJ sounds good

I’m going to see if there is a Crown Lounge somewhere!! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, little britain said:

I’m going to see if there is a Crown Lounge somewhere!! 

Don't waste your time, there isn't.  The area outside Silver dining is the Crown lounge equivalent.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

no cereal 🥣 available!!

I think there could be Cereal at 270 breakfast selection, do check that out.

I actually just disembarked from Spectrum of the Seas on 12 Feb. I was on the cruise for the CNY eve and CNY day 1 and 2 period. Following your cruise report closely to see how you enjoy/experience the ship differently.

• Like 1

The ship is in excellent condition: looks as new! The furniture is clean and unmarked ( unlike poor old Brilliance!) and the art in the elevators has not been gouged or graffitied as it has on other ships. 

IMG_2995.thumb.jpeg.b6a35687bc7da144fd834ab0c52628c8.jpeg

Silver dining entrance

IMG_2989.thumb.jpeg.9e50892711b27b172325fa7766306a5f.jpeg

Just look at the cleanliness of those chairs in SD lounge!

IMG_2996.thumb.jpeg.998fe9e63292bac06555f295b15a21a4.jpeg

SD dining area- you can see the solarium on the outside 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3

LB, are you eating in the Silver Dining or Gold Dining?

Curious when and why the Hot Pot restaurant became complimentary...we had to pay to eat there last year. Thanks. :classic_smile:

Just now, bonsai3s said:

LB, are you eating in the Silver Dining or Gold Dining?

Curious when and why the Hot Pot restaurant became complimentary...we had to pay to eat there last year. Thanks. :classic_smile:

Just had a delicious light buffet lunch in Silver: we are dinner in Gold last night but TBH with me being a fussy eater and the menu not changing at all perhaps we will only go back there once.. which is a shame to have something that is exclusive and not being able to fully utilise it. 
Someone told me Hotpot was only pay if you have the up charge lobster/steak. I’ll check. Or perhaps you’re a lobster/steak kinda gal!! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

Someone told me Hotpot was only pay if you have the up charge lobster/steak. I’ll check. Or perhaps you’re a lobster/steak kinda gal!! 

It's showing as £29 in the app but looking at the menu there's only a value against the 'premium ' foods, lobster, steak, scallops, frogs legs😋 😄  So a bit confusing. Does that mean the broths, vegetable and lesser protein are included 🤔 

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

I found it! It’s in the usual place on d4. But it has a big Golden Lounge sign and perhaps they only convert it into a Crown Lounge when there are enough numbers? 

IMG_3006.thumb.jpeg.d468a8f5041cdfc80d4ca54004bb010d.jpeg

IMG_3007.thumb.jpeg.02cb660ef3b1b6125deade92b4041a51.jpeg

coffee machine and canapés ✔️ 

• Like 1

IMG_3008.thumb.jpeg.9bdd8ffa43b614c1bee1eb67ec925cd3.jpeg

The shops are open when in port today but not on other days 🤷‍♀️

IMG_3005.thumb.jpeg.1fe029da2d2a6d76e12c0c219ee4b101.jpeg

IMG_3010.thumb.jpeg.b214f8f7fb9053d4d8955af76b3811ef.jpeg

IMG_3009.thumb.jpeg.c4ddeb3d80a5b314da88bab955096bf0.jpeg

Goodies at Leaf and Bean $. They have a guitarist in there too in the early evening 

IMG_3003.thumb.jpeg.8887bdd9c85c54cba90369b4bb16852a.jpeg

Top tier event. Not many C&A pax on board 

IMG_3011.thumb.jpeg.b03fdff266df51e85bc94dd20c8e8679.jpeg

another lift lady 

IMG_3012.thumb.jpeg.fdeebef4ae981d6ac4157614b0930f33.jpeg

the art on board is just stunning 

• Like 5

Tonight we went to Sichuan Red. The only ship with this unique restaurant on.  The offer 3 courses for $45 or you can go ALC. 

DH says it’s the best meal he has had on any RCI ship.

IMG_3026.thumb.jpeg.aab0ccd41f39a1e099bfa7b952e1513a.jpeg

IMG_3027.thumb.jpeg.a454c3ed44111d68dece13c741fd721c.jpeg

Kao Yu simmer pot. The captain was having this on the next table. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I found it! It’s in the usual place on d4. But it has a big Golden Lounge sign and perhaps they only convert it into a Crown Lounge when there are enough numbers? 

IMG_3006.thumb.jpeg.d468a8f5041cdfc80d4ca54004bb010d.jpeg

IMG_3007.thumb.jpeg.02cb660ef3b1b6125deade92b4041a51.jpeg

coffee machine and canapés ✔️ 

Thanks sooo much, love a canapé 😃

Love the lift art too. Gettihg excited now for our turn 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1