LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

3 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

There IS a courtesy shuttle that drives around the berth 92/93 parking lot; but the lot is maybe the size parking lot of a super Walmart..so I mean..unless you have mobility issues, the shuttle isn’t really needed.

this is the “port parking” that everyone parks at.

So the parking lot is right at Berth 92/93 and after you park, you can just walk to the check-in area?  I thought it is a structure building close by the berth and shuttle is needed to the check-in area.

11 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I can’t answer your questions because we live 30 minutes from the port. We just park right at the port close to the ship. $20 a day. 

We also only live about 40 minutes from the port, and do plan to park at the port parking lot for $20 a day.  My questions on how long it took you to drive to the parking lot from the cruise terminal and how long you waited before shuttle available to take you from the parking lot to the terminal were for that $20 parking lot.  I apologize if my questions were not clear.

After seeing the parking lot pictures from KarmaCruisers, my questions were answered.  I didn't know the parking lot is that close to the pier.

Thank you.

On 2/13/2024 at 11:21 AM, Cruise Raider said:

I discovered it when on the Diamond Princess because their wine choices were sooo very limited.  
it is made with 

- blackberry brandy

- raspberry vodka 

- frangelico 

- raspberry purée (ask for half that amount so it’s less sweet)

- cream 

Shaken well with ice (so there are a few ice chips floating when they pour it into your martini glass) and I request no sugar on the rim.  

It is so yummmmmmmy!  But it is a boozy drink so, I just get one.  

OMG!  YUM!!  Is that covered with the Princess Plus or is it over the $15.00 limit?

Update on Romeo. So I went back to the cabin and ran into him. I introduced myself and asked him about switching out the two mini bars. He started taking everything including our suite bottles of water. I told him to please leave the suite waters and he argued with me saying that he needs to take everything! I reminded him that suites get two bottles of water. He continued to argue so I said to just take them. I can get them at the bar. Seriously though?? I was going to give him my regular pre-tip of $50 but pulled that back. I’m shocked. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Did you make it all the way to the cabin before E realized it was a Suite?? Or did she figure it out ahead of time?

She was blown away when she walked in the room then screamed in amazement when she went on the balcony. All day she said, “I can’t believe this balcony!”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Update on Romeo. So I went back to the cabin and ran into him. I introduced myself and asked him about switching out the two mini bars. He started taking everything including our suite bottles of water. I told him to please leave the suite waters and he argued with me saying that he needs to take everything! I reminded him that suites get two bottles of water. He continued to argue so I said to just take them. I can get them at the bar. Seriously though?? I was going to give him my regular pre-tip of $50 but pulled that back. I’m shocked. 

This would be surprising reception for any cabin, but I’m blown away this happened in a suite. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

You never know. We got the upgrade for $200!

You went from an S4 to an S3 so you already had a suite. You just got an upgraded suite with a large balcony. I won't be able to upgrade from a Standard Balcony to a suite for $200. 😉

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You went from an S4 to an S3 so you already had a suite. You just got an upgraded suite with a large balcony. I won't be able to upgrade from a Standard Balcony to a suite for $200. 😉

Or from my usual interior cabin. 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Or from my usual interior cabin. 😂

The closest I have come is that I once visited with a group of folks in an S6 suite on Emerald Princess. We had a huge roll call on the thread (over 6,500 posts!) so there was a large number of "connected" folks onboard. We held an "Aft Caribe Deck Get Together" in one person's suite. That's the only time I've ever even set foot inside a suite. (Probably was the last time as well.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

That seems like a long wait right off the bat. Was there a rush of humans there or not enough staff to accommodate the few?

I think everyone decided to go there today! 😂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The closest I have come is that I once visited with a group of folks in an S6 suite on Emerald Princess. We had a huge roll call on the thread (over 6,500 posts!) so there was a large number of "connected" folks onboard. We held an "Aft Caribe Deck Get Together" in one person's suite. That's the only time I've ever even set foot inside a suite. (Probably was the last time as well.)

That’s a huge roll call thread! I bet you had a great time. Maybe that will happen again? If so, please let me know so I can step foot inside a suite too. 😂

41 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Desserts:

berry soufflé 

IMG_5385.thumb.jpeg.91c84ccc6c09ec11b4ce8b215085a3e3.jpeg

Hehe had to have another of these amazing martinis 😜

IMG_5389.thumb.jpeg.c631793ff066f5be581c1db64b2068e8.jpeg

Please tell me that your soufflé was absolutely terrible. I’m allergic to dairy so I can never try any of the good stuff. I always tell my friends and family to order different things and let me know what they taste like and they always tell me that… It was terrible. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please tell me that your soufflé was absolutely terrible. I’m allergic to dairy so I can never try any of the good stuff. I always tell my friends and family to order different things and let me know what they taste like and they always tell me that… It was terrible. 😂

Sorry, it was excellent! Fresh berries too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1