Regent / Voyager - First Timer with a negative experience. Is this the norm?

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Just a reminder……..

Yes....exactly like I said. Other people are making the accusations and I am saying they are accusing Regent of fraud. When they state Regent is knowingly deceiving guests for money that is fraud.....and it is too strong a word for what the facts indicate. I stand by these comments as I do not believe it is the case.

People have the right to point out issues, concerns, and share their perceptions. Doing so is not an accusation of fraud.

Indeed, nobody in their relating their on board experiences used the “F” word. Yes, concerns and frustrations were expressed. And seemingly for good reason. But that’s not an accusation.

If some choose to perceive it otherwise, so be it, and so what.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

PS - I have no idea what "virtue signaling" even is.

My understanding of this new woke annoying term would be, as an example, someone scowling and lecturing plastic water bottle users while ordering tons of online everything that comes encased in plastic and cardboard boxes including synthetic, polyester, easy travel,  i.e. plastic clothes.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, fizzy said:

My understanding of this new woke annoying term would be, as an example, someone scowling and lecturing plastic water bottle users while ordering tons of online everything that comes encased in plastic and cardboard boxes including synthetic, polyester, easy travel,  i.e. plastic clothes.

Aaahhh please don't.

I'm not subscribing to the fraud principle described here but if people use the term woke as a derogatory term it puts my teeth on edge as it is so political. By the way I wear a lot of silk, cotton and linen, have solar panels on my house, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ON cruiser said:

People have the right to point out issues, concerns, and share their perceptions. Doing so is not an accusation of fraud.

Indeed, nobody in their relating their on board experiences used the “F” word. Yes, concerns and frustrations were expressed. And seemingly for good reason. But that’s not an accusation.

If some choose to perceive it otherwise, so be it, and so what.

If Regent intentionally changed or cancelled ports with prior notice and intent and withheld said information from guests and blamed it falsely on weather or something "out of their control" in the hopes of profiting from this action it would be called what then?

My point being there simply isn't enough data to assume the above.....no matter if you call it by it's name or simply its definition.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If Regent intentionally changed or cancelled ports with prior notice and intent and withheld said information from guests and blamed it falsely on weather or something "out of their control" in the hopes of profiting from this action it would be called what then?

My point being there simply isn't enough data to assume the above.....no matter if you call it by it's name or simply its definition.

The English language has a wealth of words and phrases and euphemisms to describe many shades of meaning. The F-word is an extreme, which only 1 person is inserting into this discussion.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

The English language has a wealth of words and phrases and euphemisms to describe many shades of meaning. The F-word is an extreme, which only 1 person is inserting into this discussion.

A poster claimed Regent was "making up an excuse" to skip ports to travel more slowly to save money....

Fraud is defined as wrongful...deception intended to result in financial...gain.

I don't see how calling something by its name differs from calling it by its definition but perhaps others have a different set of rules they live by.

Whatever they are doing, it is working. Costs are down 19% as part of their cost-cutting initiative as per earnings release a few minutes ago. At this rate, they will become profitable again in the next 3 - 6 months.

1 minute ago, fizzy said:

That's the real deal....and classic.

You're right they are wonderful fabrics but one does wonder about the environment and manufacture as opposed to some great modern textiles that are useful in hot climates. It is wise not to be close minded.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Just to point out, you are the only one suggesting fraud. No one else.

Spin? Maybe. Virtue signaling? Perhaps.

Am suspicious, that’s all.

No, not true. Describing or accusing fraudulent behavior is suggesting fraud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizzy said:

Politics of any flavor has no business in these boards ever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Late to the party on this one.  I just returned from a 30+ day cruise on the Explorer.  Plan to provide more of a review later, but - I wanted to jump in and say that the service on this cruise is the best I have ever experienced - on any cruise line.  Attitude of all - servers, officers, etc. was excellent.

• Like 8

On 2/26/2024 at 3:39 AM, margbem said:

21 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Where are the flat-earthers and the contrail conspiracy people?

I know for a fact the earth is flat - just got back from Antarctica, and not one time did we go upside down.  Also, I can never get rid of old quotes that I don't want posted - like the one above.  Somebody is conspiring against me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Whatever they are doing, it is working. Costs are down 19% as part of their cost-cutting initiative as per earnings release a few minutes ago. At this rate, they will become profitable again in the next 3 - 6 months.

And that explains why service and food have taken a hit . Oooops, is that opinion fraud? My goodness.

• Like 2

Opinions themselves cannot be true or false, correct or incorrect, because they are based on personal feelings, beliefs, or preferences. Opinions reflect an individual's point of view, and different people can hold different opinions on the same topic without one being definitively right and the other wrong. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

And that explains why service and food have taken a hit . Oooops, is that opinion fraud? My goodness.

NCLH announced months ago in an SEC filing that they were reducing non-fuel costs by 15% - fully disclosed.

33 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

Opinions themselves cannot be true or false, correct or incorrect, because they are based on personal feelings, beliefs, or preferences. Opinions reflect an individual's point of view, and different people can hold different opinions on the same topic without one being definitively right and the other wrong. 

There is legal precedent for opinion vs. allegation. 

In Wasserman v Freilich [2016] EWHC 312 (QB), Sir David Eady remarked at the end of his judgment that “an allegation of dishonesty, fraud or attempted fraud will usually fall fairly and squarely on the side of fact rather than opinion.” The judge also added that:-

“[an allegation of dishonesty] is not thought to be a matter of opinion: nor can one convert an allegation of dishonesty...into a matter of opinion by merely inserting in front of it a formula such as "I believe …" or "she thinks …"”

I would like to say that if Regent has withheld info that they were legally required to disclose, or that would make their claims fraudulent, they deserve whatever they get. We are in totally agreement on this point. Perhaps the only difference in opinion that we have is that I am not willing to state they have been dishonest based on current available evidence. Could we agree to disagree on this point, have a virtual beer together in the spirit of hoping for full disclosure, and leave the matter (and the other readers of this forum, in peace? 

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2

My gosh, I love this thread.  I started out reading about a recent RSS cruise experience, and also got advice on breathable fabrics and how to mulch my garden.  Now that's full service!

And yes, it's the Cruise Critic way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3