Which Formal Nite Has Champagne Tower

pocka

Our family will be cruising Alaska  this summer on Discovery. I don’t want to miss showing the newbies the champagne tower so I’m trying to make dinner reservations around that. Hope someone can help with approximate time and nite it’s done.  Thanks

Usually the first "formal" night...and the term "formal" is *really* loosely applied.  You don't have to dress up AT ALL for the champagne tower because it is held in the piazza.

A *bit* of a guess here...but I believe anywhere from about 5:00 to 6:00.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

30 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Usually the first "formal" night...and the term "formal" is *really* loosely applied.  You don't have to dress up AT ALL for the champagne tower because it is held in the piazza.

A *bit* of a guess here...but I believe anywhere from about 5:00 to 6:00.

It will last as long as there are people waiting to get their picture taken. But yes almost always first formal and starts before 6

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Usually the first "formal" night...

I had it twice now that the champagne waterfall was cancelled on that night due to high winds / waves. It was rescheduled on the next day. In the other case, it was rescheduled on the next formal night.

Edited by EDVM96

13 hours ago, pocka said:

Our family will be cruising Alaska  this summer on Discovery. I don’t want to miss showing the newbies the champagne tower so I’m trying to make dinner reservations around that. Hope someone can help with approximate time and nite it’s done.  Thanks

You may be able to see it in the activity listing in the app as much as a couple of months before your cruise

14 hours ago, pocka said:

If you look in your Cruise Personalizer & look at the daily actives it will show there. I’m on a 10 day Mexico cruise & it’s on our 1st sea day. 

Here’s the announcement. It also means for me with a 5 pm dinner reservation I’ll have to ask them to RUSH everything as their will be a lot of people in the Piazza.

Tom😁

image.png

I'm glad I seen this, as I had been advised the Champagne Tower was usually on the first formal night (I do understand if there are big waves, and things can change), around 6:00, which someone had posted or showed on the Platter. Then someone else posted the Platter, and it showed around 9:00, so that makes a big difference as well. Guess I will have to be on my TOES🙂 , just to make sure I don't miss this event. The reason I say this, it has been "24" years since I did my first one, and WANT to do it again. 🙂