Transfers to Southampton from London hotel

crafticruiser

Wondering if Princess offers hotel pick-ups in central London with transfer to Southampton cruise port.  We’re staying in London for 3 nights pre-cruise.  I called Princess to ask but had a long wait and a hang-up.

Thank you!

Marcia in CT

50 minutes ago, crafticruiser said:

Wondering if Princess offers hotel pick-ups in central London with transfer to Southampton cruise port.  We’re staying in London for 3 nights pre-cruise.  I called Princess to ask but had a long wait and a hang-up.

Thank you!

Marcia in CT

You can get a Princess Shuttle/Transfer from either Victoria Coach Station or the airport. 
You can book it online under Flights or Travel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"hotel pick-ups"  No. But as Jadn13 said, if you want to make your own way to Victoria Coach Station then you can use that transfer. I wasn't impressed by the Princess offering (crowded, delays) and found reserving a car service to be more convenient and not much more expensive for two or more passengers.

To Upwarduk's recommendation of Eavesway Coaches, let me add Blackberry Cars and Onward Travel Solutions.

How are you getting from the airport to downtown?

Walkingsoon

• Like 4

We have done the Victoria Coach Station transfer many times. There is a wide price range of lodging located near the station within walking distance. We have stayed at the Astors Belgravia (very small, "European" sized rooms) and at The Rubens at the Palace (VERY nice...expensive).

For central London train works well and can be very  reasonable and quick(subject to strikes).

National express coach is often the cheapest and for Heathrow the better option as no direct trains.

Both need taxi to terminal (<£10) or can be walked. 

• Like 1

We stayed in a hotel within walking distance of Victoria Coach Station but decided to use International Friends instead of the Princess transfer.  International Friends picked us up from the hotel lobby right on time, we did a nice stop at Stonehenge, and were delivered to the ship mid-afternoon.  They offer several types of transfers and we highly recommend their services.  Very easy to book online and they provided service exactly as described.  The bus was very modern and nice as well.  

Side note we did use Victoria Coach Station as a meeting point for an independent London tour a few days prior to our cruise, and we found it clean and easy to navigate.  I'd read some questionable reviews but we found it satisfactory.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

How much is an Uber from London to Southampton then? I genuinely have no idea!

Approx £ 170-270 depending on type of car for Uber

£300 for a taxi 

Guest Snaxmuppet

If it were me I'd taxi/walk to Victoria coach station and get the coach. Then taxi to ship or hotel in Southampton. I quite like the coach. They will likely stop on route for coffee/comfort break too.

Ticket prices vary but around £15 or even cheaper if you shop around... with 12 coaches a day to choose from.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We stayed in a hotel within walking distance of Victoria Coach Station but decided to use International Friends instead of the Princess transfer.  International Friends picked us up from the hotel lobby right on time, we did a nice stop at Stonehenge, and were delivered to the ship mid-afternoon.  They offer several types of transfers and we highly recommend their services.  Very easy to book online and they provided service exactly as described.  The bus was very modern and nice as well.  

We've done this same transfer via Stonehenge with IF.  Very nice...would definitely recommend this is you're not in a rush to get to the ship.

20190525_104430.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

If it were me I'd taxi/walk to Victoria coach station and get the coach. Then taxi to ship or hotel in Southampton. I quite like the coach. They will likely stop on route for coffee/comfort break too.

Ticket prices vary but around £15 or even cheaper if you shop around... with 12 coaches a day to choose from.

National express coach do not have comfort stops on the London(Victoria or Heathrow) Southampton route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I've never known the Princess transfer to do an enroute stop...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've never known the Princess transfer to do an enroute stop...

I took the comment to refer to National Express Coach since they referenced the ticket price of $15 and getting a cab to pier. Maybe I misinterpreted.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

35 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I took the comment to refer to National Express Coach since they referenced the ticket price of $15 and getting a cab to pier. Maybe I misinterpreted.

You're probably right!  Given that I initially took the OP to mean "Princess" transfers...even though responses have been all over the map!

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 4:56 PM, upwarduk said:

I would investigate Eavesway Coaches. 
We used them last year, as my husband had hip replacement surgery and it was too far for him to drive.

https://www.eaveswaytravel.com/

They are taking us directly to the Princess Terminal( from Barnsley) but it would be worth investigating whether they go from Central London.

Guest Snaxmuppet
15 hours ago, insidecabin said:

National express coach do not have comfort stops on the London(Victoria or Heathrow) Southampton route.

Well I didn't know. That is why I said likely. Thanks for putting me straight. I am used to London - Plymouth where they do stop 🙂

4 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Well I didn't know. That is why I said likely. Thanks for putting me straight. I am used to London - Plymouth where they do stop 🙂

Not surprised they need one for Plymouth that's a long way 5.5hrs+ 

Southampton is a couple of hours.

Not thought about it before so had a look at the time tables for arrival and departure times of the stops. 

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/help/timetables

see on the 504 they have a 30min stop at Sedgemoor Services

https://timetables.nationalexpress.com/routes/NX/504/London-Penzance/O/2024-02-16?from=125&to=158

Quite like the new interface,, soe routes have 5mins at some of the bigger stops, probably time for a quick dash to bathroom while they deal with the changeover 

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2024 at 9:28 AM, Jadn13 said:

You can get a Princess Shuttle/Transfer from either Victoria Coach Station or the airport. 
You can book it online under Flights or Travel. 

Just catching up with this thread now. Wondering how easy it is to find the Princess bus at Victoria Coach Station. Staying at a London hotel and thinking it will be easier to take a taxi to Victoria Coach Station and transfer from there than go back out to Heathrow (on Heathrow Express) and connect with Princess there. Also, I am assuming the shuttle would take us directly to the ship in Southampton, with no further taxi required at that end. Trying to minimize the amount of walking. Any details would be very helpful.

2 hours ago, afto said:

Just catching up with this thread now. Wondering how easy it is to find the Princess bus at Victoria Coach Station. Staying at a London hotel and thinking it will be easier to take a taxi to Victoria Coach Station and transfer from there than go back out to Heathrow (on Heathrow Express) and connect with Princess there. Also, I am assuming the shuttle would take us directly to the ship in Southampton, with no further taxi required at that end. Trying to minimize the amount of walking. Any details would be very helpful.

We took the Princess transfer for VCS last year.  Once you walk in the main lobby, look at the train board and it will say Sky Princess and then tell you what lane to go to.  Princess will have someone there with you name on a clipboard and give you a numbered sticker.  When its time to board the coaches, they call you out by numbers.  Your bags are loaded on the coach and delivered to your room.  You should have your luggage tags already attached. There were two coaches that left from VCS last year, neither was full.  When we got to the cruise terminal, we were the only ones inside.  5 minutes to check in and got right on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, StrawberryHill said:

We took the Princess transfer for VCS last year.  Once you walk in the main lobby, look at the train board and it will say Sky Princess and then tell you what lane to go to.  Princess will have someone there with you name on a clipboard and give you a numbered sticker.  When its time to board the coaches, they call you out by numbers.  Your bags are loaded on the coach and delivered to your room.  You should have your luggage tags already attached. There were two coaches that left from VCS last year, neither was full.  When we got to the cruise terminal, we were the only ones inside.  5 minutes to check in and got right on board.

Thanks so much, StrawberryHill. This info is just what I needed. Sounds much easier than our original plan!

I have done this several times. 
Taxi from London hotel to

Victoria Coach Station

( not train station). 10 am

Princess reps check you in

Take luggage- goes directly to your cabin

90 minutes directly to ship ( traffic- longer)

see personalizer to book online under Travel or call them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

I have done this several times. 
Taxi from London hotel to

Victoria Coach Station

( not train station). 10 am

Princess reps check you in

Take luggage- goes directly to your cabin

90 minutes directly to ship ( traffic- longer)

see personalizer to book online under Travel or call them

Perfect! Thank you.

• Like 1

Just back from a cruise and stayed in London for 3 nights. Walked to the Waterloo train station was very easy. Booked when the tickets became available for a great discount. Believe I paid 14 pounds per ticket. Took a taxi for 10 pounds to our hotel - room2. In the morning waked to the terminal. On board and eating in Alfredo’s by 11:30. Easiest embarkation ever. It helped that 95% of the passengers were from The UK and had to wait to get their medallions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2