Thought on the Celebration..I'm on now..

csoud68

This Is my 6th Carnival cruise and this is without a doubt a tremendous step up in all phases.

We could not be happier. Although this is a cruise with well over 6k passengers the ship is manageable.

I felt way more crowded in the dream class..

Positives..our spa suite 17293 is perfection. Although a bit narrow, It's extremely long..when the curtain divider is pulled its like a 2 room suite.

The deck is rounded and sits out from the others. We also have a private elevator directly to deck 5 and the spa..

It's also just one deck above the lido and 1 deck below serenity. You can move throughout the ship swiftly.

The lido marketplace design just is a huge upgrade..the food stations keeo it moving.

It's also just very nice and spacious. Always a table.

Summer landing is  awesome. Lots of choices to spread people out.

Negatives..

Maybe elevators..we have waited longer than any other ship..the auto touch bathroom  doors seem to stay open a solid 14 seconds..

A couple times women looked directly in the men's locker room..I would bet my life more than a few women have seen men n their full glory..fortunately for me I'm no costanza. 

Nothing else comes to mind except for a minority of the people in general..

We cannot wait to sail this again in a few years. We have another ship booked next dec and it's not gonna be this..

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

I felt way more crowded in the dream class..

I totally agree - I think Dream class feels the most crowded, with lines for everything.  We have been on completely sold out sailings on Excel class ships (spring break and New Years Eve) and feel they are well equipped to handle the increased passengers.

• Like 1

I find Excel class a little crowded / hectic for the first few hours after boarding and of course during debarkation.  Other than that, I agree that everything is so spread out and there is so much to do it never seems crowded.

• Like 5

I was supposed to be on that cruise, but we had to cancel it last week due to a death in the family.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Would have loved to be onboard.

1 hour ago, nathan said:

I was supposed to be on that cruise, but we had to cancel it last week due to a death in the family.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Would have loved to be onboard.

Sorry man..I get it..you really need to get on asap..

3 hours ago, nathan said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙏

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 1:10 PM, csoud68 said:

A couple times women looked directly in the men's locker room..I would bet my life more than a few women have seen men n their full glory..fortunately for me I'm no costanza. 

The rear entrances to the locker rooms can be a bit confusing. Also, the free, co-ed sauna that's in that rear locker room hallway is in an awkward location directly across from the Women's Locker room rear door. On the Mardi Gras the sauna has a clear glass door, so potentially anyone in the co-ed sauna can see right into the women's locker room when the rear door opens. Fortunately they realized this on the Celebration and the sauna door is now frosted. 

Having said this did you know that many spas in Germany are fully co-ed naked? And when I say this I mean men and women don't cover up for anything, whether in the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, or even just cooling off on a sun lounger. It was a bit surprising to see a women relaxing on a sun lounger fully nude, with nothing covering up anything. Men and women used the steam and sauna fully naked. And this wasn't even a standalone spa, it was a hotel spa in Berlin. 

Edited by kwokpot

Now that I'm home from the Celebration and have a full week in the books, I have a few more things to point out. These are experiences that happened after my original post.

We really were impressed by the new Serenity Deck. Carnival designed that area very well. The only time it got seriously noisy was when the seaside theater got going. 

I thought the food overall was very good. Chibang seemed to be a big bust. We spoke to various people about Chibang and every person was unimpressed. It looks great but we decided to skip it and we have no regrets.

The Seafood Shack was an upcharge that was well worth the money. We were impressed. LOVED IT.

The comedy was extremely funny but the lines for the comedy shows in the punchliner and limelight were extremely long. I'd say the first person in line waited a full 40 min before entering. But again, the shows were fun.

And finally we just saw alot of low rent people. No other way to say it. Just rude, entitled no class individuals who think they are the center of the universe. 

Disgusting how these people treat the crew and everyone else. And it irritates me that I have to just take it and move on. 

As a Carnival owned ship I'd give this ship an A. 

Nothing is perfect because we all have our own tastes but Carnival did about everything right with this one..

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

And finally we just saw alot of low rent people. No other way to say it. Just rude, entitled no class individuals who think they are the center of the universe. 

Unfortunately they are everywhere nowadays, not just on cruise ships. The entitled mentality in our society today is shameful.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 5:11 PM, csoud68 said:

I thought the food overall was very good. Chibang seemed to be a big bust. We spoke to various people about Chibang and every person was unimpressed. It looks great but we decided to skip it and we have no regrets.

It looks great and it was.  I enjoyed it myself but i didnt ask others.

• Like 3

Costanza....gold comment, Gold Jerry!

We really enjoyed Celebration last year. The only negative in my view was the food, not as good as other CCL ships we've been on recently.

It was fairly close after launch though, so maybe they have ironed the food thing out. Most of the specialty restaurants were free since it was close to the launch date and we weren't overly impressed with any of them.

But great ship, nice lay out, plenty for the kids to do. I agree felt less busy/packed than other smaller CCL ships even though it was at full capacity.