New to Elite

Amie2

Just now, Amie2 said:

I've just reached Elite but hubby is still Select.  Would he be able to attend any Elite events with me or would I have to go myself?

Call the CC and have him linked.

6 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

He will be able to attend the events with you but he won't get things like the free bag of laundry and the free wifi minutes/30% wifi package discount.

the spouse will get all the benefits. if it were a friend or and other person then no. Basically one person living at the same address gets it but this person can't be switched up

I don't believe elite status gives bottled water - that would be included with a drinks package or certain cabin classes.

You're also not supposed to fill water bottles directly from the fountain for hygiene reasons. Either fill from the bathroom tap or fill a glass from the fountain, then pour into the water bottle.

25 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

With elite status do you get any bottled water or do you have to bring your yeti and get it out of a fountain?

You can get bottled water at the Elite Happy Hour

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amie2 said:

They will not bump up his points but will allow him the same benefits as I would get.

This is correct. CC points have to be earned. Just the tier level is matched. Also all Elite perks/benefits are per person. 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

With elite status do you get any bottled water or do you have to bring your yeti and get it out of a fountain?

You can get water during the CC HH in the evening From 5 to 7 PM. 

1 hour ago, Amie2 said:

I don't believe elite status gives bottled water - that would be included with a drinks package or certain cabin classes.

You're also not supposed to fill water bottles directly from the fountain for hygiene reasons. Either fill from the bathroom tap or fill a glass from the fountain, then pour into the water bottle.

You can get water during the CC HH in the evening From 5 to 7 PM. 

4 hours ago, doghog said:

This is correct. CC points have to be earned. Just the tier level is matched. Also all Elite perks/benefits are per person. 

my husbands points were bumped to match mine.. fact

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

While it will show that way while your accounts are linked due to your shared household if for some reason they are unlinked his points will return to what were actually earned by him.

So yes he has to stay married to you!

He may receive some communications from CC with his loyalty information on it which might show his earned points but don't worry about that.

While DW and I have been on all the same cruises I have 10 less points than she does as some of my PUP points were never credited even though I did the PUP activities for both of us.

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

When was this? First I've ever heard this. A few years ago I was told by  Andrea Shey (associate VP of Loyalty Marketing) that only tier level is matched when linked by marriage. CC points are not awarded. But I don't have personal experience with it as we've been CC members since 1994 and have always cruised together. Our CC points are the same. I always do the PUP offers (just completed the last PUP survey) and we both always get the CC points. 

1 hour ago, doghog said:

When was this? First I've ever heard this. A few years ago I was told by  Andrea Shey (associate VP of Loyalty Marketing) that only tier level is matched when linked by marriage. CC points are not awarded.

This is true but the Celebrity site will show the "inherited" points.  My page shows this text.   My wife's page doesn't show this.

image.thumb.png.8a25290f520a89a1adbafa32e32e569f.png

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1